Fudo Myoo's Organic, LED Homegrown Journal

The battle rages on. So now my soil and canopy temperature numbers have improved but still abysmal overall humidity. I’m resisting the urge to water them, I’d like to give the soil another day to dry out, there’s some moist spots. I thew a little humidifier in there. They help a little but it’s hard to keep the mist off the plants and still work. Time to start looking for a better solution. As usual, a day late and a dollar short.

IMG_8551.jpeg

IMG_8550.jpeg
IMG_8549.jpeg
IMG_8546.jpeg
IMG_8545.jpeg
IMG_8542.jpeg
IMG_8541.jpeg

I mixed up 1/2 cup of EWC with a 1/4 cup of kelp meal and top dressed. I then watered it in with pure RO this time till I got a little runoff. This is the most water I’ve given them yet.
It wasn’t getting warm enough so I slid the mat directly under the pots. It’s 82F at the bottom and 75F at the surface. I’m keeping the canopy humidity around 50%. That’s about as good as I can do right now. It’s not perfect but the plants seem to be enjoying it a little. They perked up quite a bit since I did it this morning.

Top dressing
IMG_8557.jpeg

This morning
IMG_8559.jpeg

Now
IMG_8568.jpeg
IMG_8567.jpeg
IMG_8566.jpeg

Happy Easter!

Still struggling getting the environment right but they are a little greener. Putting the mat between the pots like this, keeps everything pretty even. Underneath the bottom got to 85F, a little warm. Right now the canopy is 76.5F, soil 71F and 76F at the bottom. I’ll work on humidity tomorrow, I’ve got some ideas. I’ve used a homemade humidifier consisting of a screen, a water pump, towel and fan in a 5 gallon bucket. Maybe that. Have a great day.

:blunt:
IMG_8576.jpeg
IMG_8574.jpeg

Happy Easter!

Still struggling getting the environment right but they are a little greener. Putting the mat between the pots like this, keeps everything pretty even. Underneath the bottom got to 85F, a little warm. Right now the canopy is 76.5F, soil 71F and 76F at the bottom. I’ll work on humidity tomorrow, I’ve got some ideas. I’ve used a homemade humidifier consisting of a screen, a water pump, towel and fan in a 5 gallon bucket. Maybe that. Have a great day.

:blunt:
IMG_8576.jpeg
IMG_8574.jpeg

I tried homemade humidifying and I couldn’t keep up. Once I started the heater I couldn’t get close. I wound up buying two different humidifier’s and that helped immensely.

I bought both of these. If I had to recommend it, I would go with the white one. It’s cheaper and has a bigger tank. The smaller one will humidify quicker and greater, but it’s a pain in the butt changing the water every 6 hours. If your room is sealed up then one of the white ones is enough, if you’re passive like I am then you’ll need at least 2 of the white ones.

Right now the white one is on sale on Amazon for 27$. That’s a pretty good deal from what I’ve seen. I paid 40$ for it originally and was pleased with that.

IMG_8049.png

IMG_8050.png

Good morning. Showing a cal-mag deficiency on the GG4, otherwise they’re doing ok. Temp stayed above 70F all night so that’s good.
I’m 4 days away from being able to use the soil. The timing is just about right. I’ll water with cal-mag tomorrow once more maybe twice, then transplant to their final containers, 2 of which will be SIP’s.
I’ll do some LST for a week then flip. I’m not going for huge plants this time, just healthy ones.

IMG_8581.jpeg

Not surprisingly, I’ve found the others also suffering from what I think is a cal-mag shortage. I gave them 8ml of cal-mag in a 1/2 gallon of water. I would like to have waited another day for them to dry out but they needed the cal-mag. We’re off to a rather bumpy start.

IMG_8593.jpeg

IMG_8592.jpeg
IMG_8594.jpeg

So they’re back to looking awful. They’re obviously deficient and lack of synthetic nutrients isn’t helping any. I think they’ll bounce back after transplant.
I got the new humidifier going and it puts off about the same as the little one but holds a lot more water. The two of them keep the humidity above 55h but that’s about it.
I took the heat mat out because it was getting up above 80F again. I’ll put it back on at lights out to keep them cozy at night.

3 out of 6 are kinda struggling.
2 Tropicana Cookie and the Frosted Gelato, both Sativa dominant. Although I still suspect the FG might be the Stank, I’ll have to call the bank. Soil Ph?

So far they’ve been top dressed with all purpose, EWC, kelp and given cal-mag. Other than waiting, I’m out of ideas.

Any suggestions are welcome.

IMG_8597.jpeg

IMG_8596.jpeg
IMG_8595.jpeg

Do you have a refractometer?

Also, what exactly, is in the soil mix?

How long have they been in those pots?

What kind of myco did you use?

Smell the soil, get your nose right in there. Does it smell fertile, or kinda skanky?

Did you cut the clones or are they commercial?

Do you know if the Mother was organic or synthetic?

Pop one out of the pot and check the state of the roots. Get some good pic's of the rootball if you can.

In addition to Gees questions, what level of aeration is in the soil mix? Did you amend extra aeration or is this an out of the bag mix?

@Keffka @Gee64 , commercial synthetic, Revs recipe 3rd run. I don’t believe it’s the soil other than ph maybe. I’ve had great success in the past with hybrids, it’s just the Sativas that have issues.
I have zero experience with clones. I’ve done my own clones just fine before but never tried any this big or had to transfer from synthetic.
I need to get a refratometer.
I’ll get some pics of the root balls tomorrow for you, I’m transplanting. I finally got a decent ph for the soil.
Oh, I use Recharge and tea. Azos for transplanting.
Soil smells delicious

Actually forget all that. I forgot it’s ffof amended 3/1 perlite for now, until transplant to above mix.

Back
Top Bottom