Organics - Round 2 - Fresh Start!

astonr420
  • My setup is very similar to TCK. No rooting hormone gel, just plain tap water (that's sat out for 24hrs to clear up chlorine) and it works great, get roots between 4-7 days. I like to keep them in there for two weeks to have really long roots (4-5in). I don't use spray heads just put holes in the 1/2in pvc pipe and let it spray the bottom of the cap. The only time clones dies is when I forgot to turn on the pump after cleaning out the water, lol, other than that it's 99.9% success rate hassle free. I'm working on a DIY aero tutorial for those who like to built one. Should be up in few days.

I use a pond fogger in my cloner and I almost halve your times. Can get almost a foot of roots in 7 days and there concistant in length and width. I think if it's not broken dont fix it but it's something to look into if at all interested.

Just got home from work checked my notes takes 9 days to obtain 5" roots.

I use a pond fogger in my cloner and I almost halve your times. Can get almost a foot of roots in 7 days and there concistant in length and width. I think if it's not broken dont fix it but it's something to look into if at all interested.

Just got home from work checked my notes takes 9 days to obtain 5" roots.

seen nothing but great things from fog cloners, the finer mist seems to be the best for forming roots, definitely am upgrading to one when my pump goes bad

I did use a aero cloner and it was the best thing since sliced bread but during the summer I had heat issues after switching to the mister for some reason even tho my res was only a few degree cooler I never get any problems with clones rotting?? Mayb because the solution is finer I'm not sure. The main reason I stuck with it is because there is no mess from water spraying over and there is no noise.

WOW!!! no worries GS!!!

I am totally sorry guys!!! I don't know why I didn't get an email that I had postings on to my journal!!! I'm back!!!

here's a lil update for you all!!!

They have rooted and I went out and got me some soil and I still had perlite to mix into my soil so I was setup for success already!!! I went out and got a bag of supersoil and I did a 25/75 mix and it drains beautifuly!!! already dried out in the tubs in 2 days!!! gonna water them tonight, don't want to water to soon, as to I am trying to get the roots to grow first!!! I moved them from the dome to Party cup homes!!! and that is where they will root, and then they will move into their 2 gallon home soon!!!

Today is the mark of week 1 of their life!!! and so far so good!!! I will be posting the pictures up soon enough!!!

:peacetwo:

I have to water everyday with the mix i got going. It either dries out so fast or my plants are super thirsty. They are soaking up as much energy as possible right now. Can't wait to see what you got going on over there

UPDATE

Here we are, I did a transplant into the party cups now and that is where they will grow into for a lil while, I have a 75/25 ratio mix of Supersoil potting soil and MG Perlite!!! I also added in a whole tsp of BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS Root Magic and I also made a lil brew mix of the Farmer's Pride Organic Bloom only 2 ml in a gallon of water, so very diluted.

Here's the pix

GDP
SAM_2928.JPG
SAM_2930.JPG

Afgoo
SAM_2929.JPG
SAM_2931.JPG

Group Shot
SAM_2932.JPG

Ok thats all for now!!! hope you enjoy the update!! this is 1 week down!!!

sorry about that bro!!! I was caught up in the moment that I was trying to get the clones to root, but with no success, I planted 2 of my fem seeds, not to mention I wanted to show your nutes work from a seed!!! OH YEA!!!

UPDATE

today I go in to check on them and the soil was totally dry!! so they got some water today!!! I am pushing them to root so i skipped the watering yesterday!!!
I switch the cups everyday because which ever cup is on the left, it is the one being put directly in the fan path!!!

GDP is growing a strong stem already, but the Afgoo is still on the limp side, thinking of adding a lil bit of soil to make her stand straight!!!

Right now I only have 4 of the 8 bulbs running, which is 104 watts, do you think that is sufficient amount of light for them at this time of their life??? or should I kick on all 8???

For sure, thanks TOG!!! thats what I was thinking, but I value everybodies opinion here as well!!! they are stacking nicely now, so I figure that they are good enough with the 4 lights!!!

Picture Update!!!

Group Shot
10-19_GP.JPG

GDP
10-19GDP1.JPG
10-19GDP2.JPG

AFGOO
10-19A2.JPG

10-19A1.JPG

I got a new item for the room at the thrift store the other day!!! now I can see the temp outside the tubs!!! just need to replace it with 1 that shows the RH as well!!!
Capture8.PNG

The RED circle is inside the room
The BLUE circle is inside the tubs
SAM_2967.JPG

alright the end of week 2 and they are loving life!!! they already look so different from those pix that I took 2 days ago!!! they are really moving with that 1/4 strength of BPN in them, today I also pulled em out of the cups to see how the root growth is doing!!! DAMN!!! it is getting root bound at the bottom of the cup, but I think I am going to let em ride it out in the cups for 2 more days, so that way when the soil is dried out, I can do a feeding at the same time I do the transplant!!! they will be moving into their 2 gal home in 2 days!!! can't wait!!! I think that is as far as I am going to go with them, I don't want them to get any taller than 4 feet, that gives me 7 in clearance from the lights!!!

Back
Top Bottom