OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

Just FaceTimed my dad OTM - he was reading a High Times from 1977.

He's visiting next month, I'll share if he brings along any goodies.

Just FaceTimed my dad OTM - he was reading a High Times from 1977.

He's visiting next month, I'll share if he brings along any goodies.

Lots of good stuff in those magazines that helped me back in the day, but I think 40 years later this place:)420:) may be the best out there for the growing styles a lot of us are limited to, but they will contain a lot of great info on the old landrace strains available back then.

8-19 Update;

Not a lot to cover, I did play doctor and went to work on Chiquita this afternoon, did some delicate surgery with a tweezers to remove her nanners;

8-19_001.JPG

As you can see, she had a lot more than I thought, once I started to look her over, it was amazing how many I found. I did notice that what I removed was confined to 4 Cola's/branches above the scrog, what is under is to hard to work with.

A excellent tool that everyone should have for the grow room is a lighted Jewelers visor/loupe. I have one that I used for watch repair years ago, its not lighted but it worked well. The one I have is only 3.5X but that is all you need, it allows you to use both hands when needed like nanner inspection/removal!:laughtwo:

I will have a better update tomorrow, going to prep seeds for Round 4, and probably start flushing the RDWC for an end of the month harvest.

:yahoo::yahoo:

Woo hoo - the end is coming! I know this journal is all about new beginnings, but I'm pretty excited to see how your initial return to growing finishes up! Looks like they're frosting up really nicely. Maybe I won't be the only one with sticky fingers next weekend?

Can't wait to try the Widow, probably a good choice for the afternoon of the upcoming eclipse!

Have you ever seen a total solar eclipse? I saw the total eclipse of 1999 in Europe, and let me tell you, that shit is unreal!

My advice: If you have to drive a few hours to be in the narrow path of totality, go for it. The difference between a 99% eclipse and a 100% eclipse is absolutely staggering (see video below). Until 99%, it looks almost like any other day (just a strange kind of light), and then when it reaches 100%... BAM! Day suddenly turns into night,you can see stars in the sky, birds stop singing, temperature drops, etc. Unforgettable stuff!

Secondary advice: Don't bother taking photographs. Shooting a solar eclipse is tricky as hell, so leave it to astrophotographers. Just enjoy the moment. You won't need pictures to remember it for the rest of your life, believe me!

I hope you enjoy it!

[video=youtube;s6Wk4VRtMrU]
[/video]

Agreed, to bad they let their egos get in the way, if they would have stayed together another 10 years, who knows what they could have produced. Waters Gilmore Wright & Mason took it to another level after Barrett, while the pre Gilmore days were good, the mid to late 70's probably were the best.

My dad always sided with Gilmore and the band over Waters. I guess one could argue that Waters had more "title" to the band by virtue of forming it, whereas Gilmore only joined. But it's telling that the band stuck with Gilmore when Waters split and wanted to use the name. My dad still travels to see Gilmore when he tours. He passed on the last Waters tour.

I saw Gilmore live last year and liked it a lot. He did a lot of the classic Floyd stuff and you forget he's an all time great guitarist until you see him live.

Lots of good stuff in those magazines that helped me back in the day, but I think 40 years later this place:)420:) may be the best out there for the growing styles a lot of us are limited to, but they will contain a lot of great info on the old landrace strains available back then.

I asked him to look for anything about your strains! Too bad he didn't have any old seeds tucked away. I know he has a friend in my city who has guerrilla grown for years though... maybe I can make a connection down the road.

Woo hoo - the end is coming! I know this journal is all about new beginnings, but I'm pretty excited to see how your initial return to growing finishes up! Looks like they're frosting up really nicely. Maybe I won't be the only one with sticky fingers next weekend?

I think the 2 Purple Kush gals and maybe one widow in RDWC will be cooling next weekend, I have been just adding 5 gallons of PH'd water with Z7 for the past week and a half, total PPM's were down to 450 from 850 and they are still drinking 5 gallons every 3-4 days.

Update with pictures is coming shortly, it has been a busy day here.

Have you ever seen a total solar eclipse? I saw the total eclipse of 1999 in Europe, and let me tell you, that shit is unreal!

My advice: If you have to drive a few hours to be in the narrow path of totality, go for it. The difference between a 99% eclipse and a 100% eclipse is absolutely staggering (see video below). Until 99%, it looks almost like any other day (just a strange kind of light), and then when it reaches 100%... BAM! Day suddenly turns into night,you can see stars in the sky, birds stop singing, temperature drops, etc. Unforgettable stuff!

Secondary advice: Don't bother taking photographs. Shooting a solar eclipse is tricky as hell, so leave it to astrophotographers. Just enjoy the moment. You won't need pictures to remember it for the rest of your life, believe me!

I hope you enjoy it!

[video=youtube;s6Wk4VRtMrU]
[/video]

I did see the partial eclipse back in 1979, I was at that time living (US Side) close to the Canadian border and while it was not 100%, it was close.
I am lucky enough to be living in a city that it will pass directly over tomorrow, all I have to do is enjoy it from my deck, no fighting crowds at the campgrounds or fighting traffic!:grinjoint:

8-20 Update;

It was a busy day here, the RDWC was drained and filled with only 6.0 PH'd water and .50 ml of Z7 per gallon for the final week. I had to take some picture so enjoy.

8-20_0021.JPG

8-20_003.JPG

8-20_006.JPG

8-20_014.JPG

The White Widow gals are going to be my best yield without a doubt, some nice looking colas that are stacked all the way down under the scrog in places and nice firm nugs.

8-20_017.JPG

The Purple Kush gals have lots of mini buds, only a few cola's that seem to be decent and most of them are on the coco gal, the leggy gal in the back never really started stacking and the confused gal whom I was doing nanner removal has dense tops but pretty airy on down.

I had to do a quick coco potting of the 2 Widows in the small bubbler, I started getting yellowing and curling leaves much like the one Widow in the RDWC did a few weeks back, I have been lax on checking PH/PPM on the clones and I think the root mass was sucking up the goodies faster than I was changing the tub...It was only holding a gallon of water and between the two plants and the roots filled the tub.:straightface:

8-20_012.JPG

8-20_0111.JPG

They kind of look like shit compared to there sisters in the big tub.

8-20_0071.JPG

Little Hayley is looking good, growing slow but sure and appears to be happy so far between its siblings.

8-20_0101.JPG

As I type I have 6 more seeds scuffed and soaking in PH'd water with a little H2O2 while the GA3 is dissolving in 70% rubbing alcohol. The plan is to run the GA3 at 500-550 PPM and set them outside on the deck during tomorrow's eclipse which will take about 3 hours to complete from start to finish...maybe the solar/lunar event will wake them all up and give me a couple more Maui's to raise!:cheer:

I will update tomorrow with the new beans and probably a few eclipse shots! :thanks:

Love it Dawg,:thumb: Never was much of a Deadhead!

I have been too busy on this end to keep up with everyone's journal, that B&B stint really set me back and now the finish with seed popping and clone care all going on at once gets overwhelming at times:thedoubletake:...going to make it over your way to see how the Widow and Mack turned out and see how your clones are shaping up!

Love it Dawg,:thumb: Never was much of a Deadhead!

I'm with you OTM. I don't dislike the Dead but was never a real fan. I always thought David Gilmour was one of the best guitar players in the world and Jerry Garcia was one of the worst...Lol.

Not sure if you've come across this guy before, but he plays some amazing guitar. I'm a big fan.
Joe Bonamassa - Just Got Paid - YouTube

I'm with you OTM. I don't dislike the Dead but was never a real fan. I always thought David Gilmour was one of the best guitar players in the world and Jerry Garcia was one of the worst...Lol.

Not sure if you've come across this guy before, but he plays some amazing guitar. I'm a big fan.

I don't think anyone compares to Gilmore, maybe Alex Lifeson of Rush is close, he can make a Les Paul come alive, but the combo of whammy and string bending that Gilmore does with his Strat is amazing.

Never heard of Bonamassa before, he can also play...would give a left nut for the beautiful vintage Les Paul Sunburst he plays!

Back
Top Bottom