Cultivator's Return - Multiple Grows

The light color on new growth is normal, they will turn darker green in time. Brown spotting on upper leaves and leaves directly exposed to light is a sign of Calcium deficiency. You can raise ph to 6.2 or a little higher if you think you have enough calcium available.

Not sure what you meen by dead spots mate but there about mid plant on older large fan leafs and the new growth don’t have them yet but seem a little on the light side they haven’t really grown in the last week either where as in veg they were growing mental they got that size from cutting in 20 days

I had that problem when I feed my plants withput PH'ing as I broke my PH peN.

Do you have a PH solution to calibrate the pen? also cult say's PH 5.8 IN VEg

The light color on new growth is normal, they will turn darker green in time. Brown spotting on upper leaves and leaves directly exposed to light is a sign of Calcium deficiency. You can raise ph to 6.2 or a little higher if you think you have enough calcium available.
Cheers lads, my tap water here is 0.4 and in1st add cal mag to 0.7 Duno what the ph is while holding in the coco because there’s no run off and was left for the 4 days before 2nd feed (assumed it would go up) was hoping they would be drinking fresh feed daily but I’ll have to get this system dialled in have already ordered 22l pots because these 30l seem way to big for the plants? I’ll try putting the ph up to 6.2 for the next feed in a couple days cheers again chaps

Not sure what you meen by dead spots mate but there about mid plant on older large fan leafs and the new growth don’t have them yet but seem a little on the light side they haven’t really grown in the last week either where as in veg they were growing mental they got that size from cutting in 20 days

Agreed on the Calcium! Make sure you're adding Cal-Mag, if using R/O and I find it's good to give an extra dose before they go into flower. Seems like during stretch, they use a lot.

Agreed on the Calcium! Make sure you're adding Cal-Mag, if using R/O and I find it's good to give an extra dose before they go into flower. Seems like during stretch, they use a lot.
Cheers mr Krip it’s not ro water but staring etc is nice at 0.4 I’ve been raising starting ec with 0.3 of cal mag to bring it up to 0.7 how much more you think it needs as I’ll be doing a fresh feed in 2 days? Also am I wrong in thinking calcium gets locked out above 6.0ph so should lower it? I normally have 5.8 for veg 6.0 in flower in hydro this a 1st crack at coco
Cheers

Cheers mr Krip it’s not ro water but staring etc is nice at 0.4 I’ve been raising starting ec with 0.3 of cal mag to bring it up to 0.7 how much more you think it needs as I’ll be doing a fresh feed in 2 days? Also am I wrong in thinking calcium gets locked out above 6.0ph so should lower it? I normally have 5.8 for veg 6.0 in flower in hydro this a 1st crack at coco
Cheers

I'd say you can easily give them 1 - 1.5 ml cal-mag per liter liter of water.

I've grown extensively in hydro and hempy, but never using coco and not sure what the best PH for that medium would be. I know hempy is treated more like soil-less (although, it is "passive" hydro!) and can take a PH of closer to 6.0 while in DWC, I'd shoot for something like 5.5 to start and PH back down when it hit 6.0. I think coco is similar to hempy and can take the higher PH, but again, would double-check with someone more experienced with coco. ;)

Cheers lads, my tap water here is 0.4 and in1st add cal mag to 0.7 Duno what the ph is while holding in the coco because there’s no run off and was left for the 4 days before 2nd feed (assumed it would go up) was hoping they would be drinking fresh feed daily but I’ll have to get this system dialled in have already ordered 22l pots because these 30l seem way to big for the plants? I’ll try putting the ph up to 6.2 for the next feed in a couple days cheers again chaps

With coco water every day with feed - My feed at the moment is

0.7EC Starting water > Cal mAG 1EC > Nutes 1.6ec

With coco water every day with feed - My feed at the moment is

0.7EC Starting water > Cal mAG 1EC > Nutes 1.6ec
Hi budworker, this is what I planned on but this alien easy feed bottom feeder is abit hard getting setup if the coco is soaked and it’s tray is still full the next day (which is happening) then no fresh bites get through the next day I think the problem is too much water got in on the 1st feed and the pots are too big for the plants so they don’t drink it fast enough yet I’m literally about to flush them completely through with fresh feed at ph 5.6 (managed to check some run off at 6.9-7.1!) then I’ll put them back in the system and let them get fed tomorow with the float valves lowered again.

Can see me having to hand feed these throughout to be honest

Sorry if this don’t make much sense

Yeah not sure then mate. I'm new to growing but have be reading cult's pot's for 6 months + before I Started from his comments i was put off from getting the Auto Pot system so now I've gone with top feed with his full nute line up and i've not had any problem's yet. These plants are from 20 day veg with the first week really high temps 35c and not the best air exchange and they are still going.

I've done what cult has told every one and so far it's been going good. Passive intake, exchange the air 2-3 times per a min, Don't water till run off just enough so 24 hours it's ready for another feed. PH 5.8 I make sure it's dead on every time

Bare in mind I know f*ck all compared to Pennywise and other people on here.

Here are some pictures :

Cheers boys couple more pics in normal lights with a hand for scale starting to think this bottom feed is just gona be agg would love to make it work for the ease of life but we will see
C14ABED9-9EF3-40DD-94DC-C2F242D81B5B.jpeg
0F070548-6EAD-4DB2-9AC5-20206F46C670.jpeg
F944B12E-1B61-4825-BBF3-28274EA2FA96.jpeg

Hello bud, quick question for you or anyone else in here that could help.

Im wanting to run 2 600w hps lights in cool hoods in a 4x4 tent, just wondering if people new how many watts of spectrum id loose due to the glass, would be ideal if there was around 1000w of HPS coming through as i think around 100w is lost because of the glass.

Hi cult and everybody else on this wealth of knowledge about Coco, I've been growing in it around 20 years on and off with canna Coco a and b and have always had issues in mid veg, I was stunting them every grow but it's what I was shown to use when I started. I've just swapped out most parts already and will be using the schedule on some new seeds I've started all the way through. I also have some that are ready to flip soon and was wondering if I was to switch out the canna a and b for the ionic bloom would it cause any issues i.e. would it stunt them at all, I have been considering swapping from canna for a bit but after reading this thread and cults other journal, I thought I would bite the bullet and give this a go, don't get me wrong I've had decent results with canna but believe the plants aren't getting the right ratios at the right times with an all in one feed. Hope cults ok with him not being on for a while so if anyone else could shed a bit of light on the matter, please chirp up and say hi, hope you've all had a good weekend

Back
Top Bottom