OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

I hear you - busy day here as well, and I'm not going to get photos done.

But - chop party coming soon! :high-five:

Sounds like we will be both busy next weekend! I have everything pretty much ready, still need to prep the fridge, have the temp set at 45 degrees, humidity is around 25% but will rise when the paper bags full of buds get in there, just need to prep the glass shelves with hardware cloth for air movement.

Not sure if you've been reading up on the Low & Slow thread OTM, sounds like maybe you have. I put just enough bud in the bags to cover the surface when the bag was laid down on its largest side, the "face". I saw it suggested on the Low & Slow thread. People also recommended putting cans / bottles of liquid in as well, so that they reach the temperature of your fridge and then help regulate it. Space is finite though, and I know for me with a bar fridge I'll be hard pressed to have enough space to do that when the 24K is ready.

My RH was high after filling the fridge with bud, so I put in a bowl of uncooked rice and a stack of paper bags and watched it steadily drop, down from 75% on Friday night to 50% tonight. 50% is the start of the sweet spot DrZiggy describes.

Sounds like you'll be ready! Can't wait to see the final results!

Not sure if you've been reading up on the Low & Slow thread OTM, sounds like maybe you have. I put just enough bud in the bags to cover the surface when the bag was laid down on its largest side, the "face". I saw it suggested on the Low & Slow thread. People also recommended putting cans / bottles of liquid in as well, so that they reach the temperature of your fridge and then help regulate it. Space is finite though, and I know for me with a bar fridge I'll be hard pressed to have enough space to do that when the 24K is ready.

My RH was high after filling the fridge with bud, so I put in a bowl of uncooked rice and a stack of paper bags and watched it steadily drop, down from 75% on Friday night to 50% tonight. 50% is the start of the sweet spot DrZiggy describes.

Sounds like you'll be ready! Can't wait to see the final results!

I have been following Sue & Ziggy's thread, the problem with my basement fridge is it has glass shelves and laying a paper bag with wet bud would lead to instant bud rot, so I bought some stiff hardware cloth and will make shelves out of those so there is air movement...its a frost-free model so that should help with circulation.

I also read that pulling the buds out for an hour a day with the bag open helps as does changing or flipping the bag so it absorbs the moisture...I have 100 lunch bags like we took to school ready and able!

I plan on mixing in some of the larger buds with smaller in each bag figuring it will keep the cure somewhat even verses large buds in one and smaller in another...is that how you did it?

I have been following Sue & Ziggy's thread, the problem with my basement fridge is it has glass shelves and laying a paper bag with wet bud would lead to instant bud rot, so I bought some stiff hardware cloth and will make shelves out of those so there is air movement...its a frost-free model so that should help with circulation.

I also read that pulling the buds out for an hour a day with the bag open helps as does changing or flipping the bag so it absorbs the moisture...I have 100 lunch bags like we took to school ready and able!

I plan on mixing in some of the larger buds with smaller in each bag figuring it will keep the cure somewhat even verses large buds in one and smaller in another...is that how you did it?

I have the glass shelves too. Are you planning to wash your buds? I did not, so mine didn't really feel wet. I lined the glass shelves with paper bags. I've been pulling the buds out for a minute or two and giving them some air and movement, and placing the bags back in on the other side. I went random distribution with the buds. LA2 had smaller buds than LA1 in general, but I didn't want to mix between plants. I put the trim in its own paper bag and plan to dry it for 2 weeks as well.

Re: OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

I have the glass shelves too. Are you planning to wash your buds? I did not, so mine didn't really feel wet. I lined the glass shelves with paper bags. I've been pulling the buds out for a minute or two and giving them some air and movement, and placing the bags back in on the other side. I went random distribution with the buds. LA2 had smaller buds than LA1 in general, but I didn't want to mix between plants. I put the trim in its own paper bag and plan to dry it for 2 weeks as well.
Could you post a pic of the inside of your fridge?

Are you planning to wash your buds?

No, I have a sealed room with filtered incoming air, have not had any bug problems and try to vacuum out as much as I can it once a week. As I am trimming I will look them over for shed hairs or other nasty's.

All of the stuff I grew before never was rinsed and that was outdoors...you can bet the Mexican, Colombian, Maui or what ever we could get our hands on back then was never washed...the bird & bug shit probably added to the flavor & high!:)

Re: OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

Could you post a pic of the inside of your fridge?

Hey CG, I have been keeping up with your grow and it sounds like you will be chopping soon also!:thumb:

Dobe can post a picture of his fridge set-up and when I get mine ready in the next day or two I will post a picture of my set-up.:goodluck:

Hey CG, I have been keeping up with your grow and it sounds like you will be chopping soon also!:thumb:

Dobe can post a picture of his fridge set-up and when I get mine ready in the next day or two I will post a picture of my set-up.:goodluck:
I will try this low and slow thing too, thanks for paving the way! I don't like blindly trying new things when it comes to growing.

I will try this low and slow thing too, thanks for paving the way! I don't like blindly trying new things when it comes to growing.

I saw Pennywise have success with it, so I did a little more digging and there's a group of followers on here who do it and talk up its virtues.

I think I get it. Slowing the drying process and doing so under controlled conditions should hopefully mean less of the good stuff evaporating off or changing structure during drying. I'm not a scientist but this seems logical.

I'll post up a pic CG but it'll be later. Work then a concert for me today!

8-25 Update;

Sorry for the hiatus the past week, one of the employees of our company had a death in his family and had to take a leave, so being his job was lead man/estimator my son asked if I would fill in...being semi-retired means just that!:laughtwo:

I did get to enjoy Monday's eclipse with a bowl of sample White Widow which made the day last a good long time and the sights more surreal!

8-25_003.JPG

8-21_020.JPG

The above picture of the eclipse is from a professional... miy pictures in my stoned frame of mind looked like this;

8-21_006.JPG

8-21_013.JPG

8-21_019.JPG

It was a fantastic...for 15 minutes before to 15 minutes after, there were no birds chirping like earlier in the morning, as the moon got closer the quieter it became. If any of you have the chance in the future to see the "Dark Side of the Moon" go for it!:partyboy:

I did not soak any beans in the GA3 because of my sudden "full time employment" stint, with some of the current grow due to be harvested this weekend and me needing to set up for low & slow drying, my evenings were going to be full and I was going to be slightly tired when I got home. I had the beans scuffed and they soaked for an hour in a H2O2 solution but I pulled them out and left them on a paper towel to dry. I really don't think they had time to absorb any water so they should be good to go when more time is available.

I did get my fridge prepped for drying, I made screened shelves to replace the glass shelves, have the temp and humidity dialed to 24% RH and temps to 45 degrees F.

8-25_002.JPG

This weekend I plan on taking 3 of the 6 down, 2 Purple Kush gals and 1 White Widow gal, I have 10-20% amber showing with the rest of the trich's being cloudy, my confused nanner gal Chiquita being one of them because she/he keeps producing the bananas.

The gals in coco will have another week or two as will my best looking Widow, they have very little amber and keep swelling!

I promise I will have a great update with loads of pictures both tomorrow and Sunday, I have everything ready to go so stay tuned! :thanks:

8-26 Veg Room Update;

Its been a week since I posted pictures of the veg tent;

Baby Hayley is looking good, slowly starting to fill out the pot and seems to have great node spacing, definitely not as aggressive as the hybrid's we get today.

8-26_009.JPG

The clones in the bubbler are ready for their turn in the RDWC, they are making real leaves...won't pass as Tomato plants anymore.:laughtwo:

8-26_018.JPG

8-26_013.JPG

8-26_012.JPG

The clones in coco seem to be getting rid of the funk they had a couple weeks ago, I was worried that the root system would have a tough time adapting to the coco, but they have taken to it well.

8-26_011.JPG

8-26_010.JPG

The harvest went pretty good, lots of sticky trimming, 2 out of the three are now curing "low and slow", ad I will post pictures and results shortly!:yahoo:

8-26 Harvest;

The goal this weekend was to harvest 3 of the 6 plants in the flower room, I did manage to get two done today and will tend to the third victim in the morning!:laughtwo:

Here is a picture before the carnage began;

8-26_002.JPG

These are today's victims;

8-26_005.JPG

8-26_004.JPG

The first to go was White Widow #1 in RDWC, this was the plant that was giving me problems with twisting, yellowing leaves about 5 weeks back. Remember the weird growth it was showing?

8-26_025.JPG

I think it was trying to be a vine. :laugh:

There were a few nice cola's/buds on this one, not a lot but everything seems to be dense.

8-26_029.JPG

8-26_028.JPG

8-26_022.JPG

8-26_027.JPG

The results wet are 105 grams of top buds, 130 grams of lower popcorn buds, and 40 grams of trim that will be made into bubble Hash.

8-26_038.JPG

8-26_040.JPG

Very sticky stuff!

The second victim was Chiquita the banana girl/boy, or Purple Kush #2 which was also up front in RDWC.

8-26_032.JPG

8-26_033.JPG

8-26_034.JPG

This one was a little better yielding but was mostly popcorn size budlets, not as sticky and much tougher to trim with its slender leaves.
The wet weight was 143 grams of top buds, 109 grams of lower popcorn, and 55 grams of bubble Hash trim.

8-26_035.JPG

8-26_036.JPG

I was not sure what to expect with this grow, 2oz of cured bud each would be nice but not spectacular and the leggy gal in the back that gets chopped tomorrow probably is not going to be much more, my hope is the 2 gals in coco and the big Widow in back that will go for at least another week will provide better results.

At least the fridge is starting to fill up with paper bags!;)

8-26_041.JPG

More to come tomorrow! :thanks:

Congrats OTM on the harvest! I know there's more to come, but it must feel great to get started!

What an eventful summer eh?

Back
Top Bottom