Over/under watering or too much food?

gibexnator

Hello , so yesterday the plant on the left was repotted into an 11 liter pot with Biobizz light soil. I added 1 liter of water. The old soil was not rotten, and the roots were very thin and dry, and many of them fell off with the soil. I think overfeeding was the problem. the plant on the right now has 1 liter of water and I'm waiting to see what happens next. I know for sure that I will never use Plagron Promix again!!!! Link for video and photos taken a few days ago. and done today!!!

I'm not sure, but it looks like they've returned to the land of the living

IMG_20230818_081605.jpg

IMG_20230818_081557.jpg

IMG_20230818_081405.jpg

IMG_20230818_080912.jpg

IMG_20230818_080720.jpg

IMG_20230818_080712.jpg

IMG_20230817_202744.jpg

IMG_20230817_202750.jpg

Today1.jpg

Today.jpg

When you repotted. Was it dry or soggy?
I'd say if you repotted it already then I'd run some water though until runoff. The difference between under and over watering is that while both leaves turn down, overwatered are firm and full, under watered is limp and papery. .so as long as your soil has really good drainage NB as in super important.
That will get all the soil properly wet. Let it drain. Tilt it and let it drain more.
Then wait until she is perky again and feed with next water. Just my suggestion. Please wait for other comments or suggestions before you do anything. Good luck

I transplanted it to new soil yesterday soil was 50/50 not dry and not soggy. I watered 2 plants with 1 liter of water. you're right, the one on the right had symptoms like it had a lot of water, but the leaves were rough. strange thing. I'm watching that plant on the left so it doesn't start hermic

Those pics look like you're Droughting though in your case probably unintentionally.

In flower you don't want to do the wet/dry thing but rather give them all the water they want and can use.
Yes you are right. But now I will have a problem because I have fresh soil and my pot is still heavy heehee. I think this crop will yield a small yield anyway. 26 day floweting

the plant is either still in shock from the transplant or it's a watering issue. i'm guessing shock. they don't like up potting in flower and may take longer to bounce back. they don't work on root ball that far in to flower after an up pot.

previous to the up pot it sorta looks like it was a touch over watered, or may have been a bit root bound.

the plant is either still in shock from the transplant or it's a watering issue. i'm guessing shock. they don't like up potting in flower and may take longer to bounce back. they don't work on root ball that far in to flower after an up pot.

previous to the up pot it sorta looks like it was a touch over watered, or may have been a bit root bound.
You're right. Yesterday she was transplanted into a new pot, I think it will take a few days before she grows back. I don't want to give them water yet, I'll wait until the pots are lighter, right?

I think you need better watering and feeding practices. People dry their plants believing you should treat cannabis like a potted plant on the window sill and that roots somehow start growing from dying off from lack of moisture?

I hoped and thought that this mentality and bad watering practices died during the early forum years and it's one of the reasons I choose to join this forum from many of the others. You see a lot of users and activity on here and new growers starting out. But I still see a lot of the same misinformation and Bro Science still being spread that I saw 15+ years ago on the early forums.

Things like "It get dried out in nature in the desert climate". "You get higher Cannabinoids by really stressing and drying the plant out". People put spirals in the soil and poked nails through the stems in mid flower believing stress somehow increased Cannabinoids, exactly the same mentality you still see alive today.

While you may trigger certain genetic responses in the plant by letting it go dry it is of much higher important to work for optimal nutrient uptake and working toward how to increase the rate and frequency of feeding. You don't do that by repeated dry backs creating a hydrophobic medium, high EC spikes and dead roots as a result.

I think you need better watering and feeding practices. People dry their plants believing you should treat cannabis like a potted plant on the window sill and that roots somehow start growing from dying off from lack of moisture?

I hoped and thought that this mentality and bad watering practices died during the early forum years and it's one of the reasons I choose to join this forum from many of the others. You see a lot of users and activity on here and new growers starting out. But I still see a lot of the same misinformation and Bro Science still being spread that I saw 15+ years ago on the early forums.

Things like "It get dried out in nature in the desert climate". "You get higher Cannabinoids by really stressing and drying the plant out". People put spirals in the soil and poked nails through the stems in mid flower believing stress somehow increased Cannabinoids, exactly the same mentality you still see alive today.

While you may trigger certain genetic responses in the plant by letting it go dry it is of much higher important to work for optimal nutrient uptake and working toward how to increase the rate and frequency of feeding. You don't do that by repeated dry backs creating a hydrophobic medium, high EC spikes and dead roots as a result.
That's certainly true in flower, but in veg repeated wet/dry cycles do seem to build impressive root balls. That said, I've gone SIP and don't expect to ever go back.

Myślę, że potrzebujesz lepszych praktyk w zakresie podlewania i karmienia. Ludzie suszą swoje rośliny, wierząc, że marihuanę należy traktować jak roślinę doniczkową na parapecie, a korzenie jakoś zaczynają rosnąć od obumarcia z braku wilgoci?

Miałem nadzieję i myślałem, że ta mentalność i złe praktyki podlewania umarły w pierwszych latach forum i jest to jeden z powodów, dla których zdecydowałem się dołączyć do tego forum spośród wielu innych. Widzisz tutaj wielu użytkowników i aktywność, a także rozpoczynających działalność nowych hodowców. Ale wciąż widzę wiele tych samych dezinformacji i rozpowszechniania Bro Science, które widziałem ponad 15 lat temu na wczesnych forach.

Rzeczy takie jak „Wysusza się w naturze w pustynnym klimacie”. „Dostajesz wyższy poziom kannabinoidów, naprawdę stresując i wysuszając roślinę”. Ludzie wbijają spirale w ziemię i wbijają gwoździe w łodygi w połowie kwitnienia, wierząc, że stres w jakiś sposób zwiększa poziom kannabinoidów, dokładnie ta sama mentalność, którą nadal widzisz.

Możesz stworzyć sekcję genetyczną w roślinie, jej wyschnąć, o wiele główną rolę, aby pracować nad pobieraniem składników odżywczych i działać nad wydajnością tempa i częstotliwości. Nie zrobisz tego przez powtarzające się takie grzbiety, które są stosowane w hydrofobowym podłożu, wysokie skoki EC i martwe k
I understand and thank you for your help. as I wrote at the beginning, the plants have been through a lot and now it's hard for me to say how much fertilizer they have, how much water they need, etc. I think the best method is "by the weight of the pots", don't you think?? fingering is often confusing

That's certainly true in flower, but in veg repeated wet/dry cycles do seem to build impressive root balls. That said, I've gone SIP and don't expect to ever go back.
You can for sure over water a seedling and small plant no matter the medium. What makes a SIP so great is their increased rate of feeding and you try to work towards a medium in the "goldilocks" zone where it's not to dry and not to wet while never having a wet and dry cycle.

Cheers!

I understand and thank you for your help. as I wrote at the beginning, the plants have been through a lot and now it's hard for me to say how much fertilizer they have, how much water they need, etc. I think the best method is "by the weight of the pots", don't you think?? fingering is often confusing
Weight and looks are good markers. You get a feel of it after a while and after a few grows you'll find your way and style of growing.

Plants looks good after all but I can tell you let them go a little to dry between waterings.

You can for sure over water a seedling and small plant no matter the medium. What makes a SIP so great is their increased rate of feeding and you try to work towards a medium in the "goldilocks" zone where it's not to dry and not to wet while never having a wet and dry cycle.

Cheers!
Very true. And I've found even with SIPs I have better luck not keeping the soil too wet when the plants are young. Once they catch and start growing strongly they do much better with a full reservoir.

Weight and looks are good markers. You get a feel of it after a while and after a few grows you'll find your way and style of growing.

Plants looks good after all but I can tell you let them go a little to dry between waterings.
If you really want to do the wet/dry thing, then Emilya's Watering thread is a good one to read.

But once you hit flower don't let them dry out as @Wastei said. The finger in the dirt thing doesn't tell you what is happening down deep and the roots can still be quite wet at the bottom while the top inch or so feels dry.

Better to go by weight of the pot than the finger method.

When I first started I used a bathroom scale to measure when to water/ feed. I highly recommend you read @Emilya Green’s thread on how to water a potted plant. It has prolly saved thousands of growers from watering incorrectly. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom