Personal Organic Grow with Mars Hydro

Hello everyone this will be my final update on this thread as I am shutting down my grows while work is done on my house.

The Dark Devil Auto didn't yield much for me, I got 22g dry between the two plants but what it did give is a really nice smoke even uncured. I feel that I would have given these longer given the opportunity and I feel that the Dark Devil Auto 1 would have really appreciated that, Oh well c'est la vie but as I say the smoke is more than acceptable :)

As far as the smoke goes it's definitely no couch lock. I was tired and ready for a bath and bed yesterday when I decided I would have a 'tester'. The next thing I know I was up chopping veg, making a curry and breaking down some wood that I had been meaning to do for days. A few grams later and I was still up in a cheery mood and couldn't stop smiling. It's a very light buzz and I would definitely recommend this as a daytime smoke, or for when you need to get motivated and get things done. The wife likes it just for that, and she doesn't smoke it lol. It lasted well whilst being moreish, and when I woke today I still felt a very light buzz and have been smiling and cheery all day. Not my usual kind of smoke, but one that I would definitely like more of ;)

Here is a pic of my little beauty bud :)

IMGP3573rs.jpg

I'm not the best at trimming or even keeping buds together as I try and get rid of as much stem as possible. Around 15g are in the jar for curing and the rest is on my tray as another 'tester' ;)

This concludes my journal for now and I will wish you all the best wishes and may your buds be bountiful. All the best everyone :thumb:

I think it's unfortunate that only the middle jar is organic but that will change from now on. I don't know whether the Dark Devil Auto is a special strain or whether using less chemicals really does make that much of a difference in aroma, taste and effect (although I could be biased seeing as I'm smoking it lol). After no cure this smoked like a week cured chemical grow, I have some for comparison and the difference is like night and day.

Also I didn't take any photo's as I was too excited about chopping but I noticed that the organic plants were hollow whereas the chemically grown plants were blocked with what looks like white dried up old sap but I'm guessing it's salts. The longer the flush time the clearer the middles.

Here's the Dark Devil Auto taking centre show. A very nice smoke:

image6095.jpeg

Good health to you all, I would like to share my harvest with you all :Namaste:

Hi, Kriaze, and congratulations on a successful harvest! Yeah, everything I hear about the DD says it's pretty much outstanding. I know SweetSue loves its "let's get going and get things done" kinda buzz :) My DD girl is at 50 days now and I just can't wait!

It's very satisfying seeing it all jarred up, isn't it? I really appreciated your thoughts on chemical vs organic, too. I hope your renovations go well and aren't too disruptive of your regular life :)

I think it's unfortunate that only the middle jar is organic but that will change from now on. I don't know whether the Dark Devil Auto is a special strain or whether using less chemicals really does make that much of a difference in aroma, taste and effect (although I could be biased seeing as I'm smoking it lol). After no cure this smoked like a week cured chemical grow, I have some for comparison and the difference is like night and day.

Nice:thumb:

I've been smoking commercial, unwashed bud the last two months and just started to smoke some of my own organic, well flushed and washed bud and the difference is striking,
It's soooo much smoother on the throat and lungs almost like velvet:)
It tastes better and burns more evenly and the ash is all white.

Hi, Kriaze, and congratulations on a successful harvest! Yeah, everything I hear about the DD says it's pretty much outstanding. I know SweetSue loves its "let's get going and get things done" kinda buzz :) My DD girl is at 50 days now and I just can't wait!

It's very satisfying seeing it all jarred up, isn't it? I really appreciated your thoughts on chemical vs organic, too. I hope your renovations go well and aren't too disruptive of your regular life :)

Hey glimmergrass, I don't really have the experience yet to make a fair comparison as I've only grown these two Dark Devil Auto's in an organic way (I still class this grow as organic even if it's bought good rather than my own Living Soil, no chemicals were used whatsoever). The taste and smoothness of the smoke is striking though, even versus fully flushed chemically grown plants.

I do have many chemical nutrients left though so I think an experiment will be in order once the work is completed and I set things back up and dial everything back in :)

Nice:thumb:

I've been smoking commercial, unwashed bud the last two months and just started to smoke some of my own organic, well flushed and washed bud and the difference is striking,
It's soooo much smoother on the throat and lungs almost like velvet:)
It tastes better and burns more evenly and the ash is all white.

I agree completely regarding the taste and smoothness of the smoke PurpleGunrack but it didn't occur to me that I should check the ash, but I'll check it as soon as I have my next one (way too late for the lively smoke at this time of night/morning).

One other thing though, I was under the impression that organic grows don't need a flush. I could be wrong, it's been known to happen maybe now and again lol.

I agree completely regarding the taste and smoothness of the smoke PurpleGunrack but it didn't occur to me that I should check the ash, but I'll check it as soon as I have my next one (way too late for the lively smoke at this time of night/morning).

One other thing though, I was under the impression that organic grows don't need a flush. I could be wrong, it's been known to happen maybe now and again lol.

I don't think organic grows ''need'' a flush, but if you're like me and not totally dialed in on when to stop feeding and watering with plain water it might be a good idea.

I can only speak for Biobizz vs Biobizz vs commercial, on my last grow I flushed twice with lots of water and it's the smoothest smoke I've ever had even without curing, which last summers outdoor wasn't and flushing was not an option since it was quite guerilla, but still better than most commercial and after a cure better than the best commercial.

A grow ago I was thinking about going aero/hydro to make it easier manual-labour-wise, but now I'm thinking about going high-brix even though it'll at least double the amount of manual labour I'm doing now;)

Hey mate so glad that you could catch up, I know you must be busy with your new work. This journal is pretty much over as the two DDA's were harvested and the Incredible Bulk in my own soil mix has had to be hidden away in a dark room for the week until the work on my house is completed. If she survives that I will make a new journal for her and may even transplant the White Widow from chemical soil into organic whilst dropping my final Dark Devil Auto seed the same.

I'll look forward to your update and in the meantime I will wish you all the very best :thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom