Phantom’s RDWC Cherry Cookies Grow Journal

Observation.. I look at Phantom's, Chester's, and my own plants to gauge normalcy throughout growing stages.. (Height, Width, and overall proportion). Lately I've been seeing a bunch of short-stunted overly thick branched mutant looking plants juiced up on roids.. Is it just me or do you guys also see it as something starting to trend around here? ( and is that also a bro thing ?) :laugh: To me this feels like Youtube bro scientists copying down maximum boosting formula's then showing up here with their jacked up plants..

20200720_223833.jpg

20200720_223657.jpg

20200720_223541.jpg
It's Snowing!, It's Snowing! ...Dad can we go sledding this afternoon ? :rofl:

I think a lot of it has to do with the more powerful lighting you are starting to see, creating very tight node spacing on a lot of grows. I've noticed quite a few thicc plants recently with such tight node spacing being vegged out and so compact that they look like heads of lettuce. My ladies are more sativa leaners with their more thin bladed leaves and a pretty decent stretch. I'm just hoping the flowering time isn't longer as well, harvest is Labor Day and not a day longer. Crazy how just a few weeks ago they were only a foot tall now some are close to four feet.

I think a lot of it has to do with the more powerful lighting you are starting to see, creating very tight node spacing on a lot of grows. I've noticed quite a few thicc plants recently with such tight node spacing being vegged out and so compact that they look like heads of lettuce. My ladies are more sativa leaners with their more thin bladed leaves and a pretty decent stretch. I'm just hoping the flowering time isn't longer as well, harvest is Labor Day and not a day longer. Crazy how just a few weeks ago they were only a foot tall now some are close to four feet.
Yeh i got up and measured today and I have a jack and the bean stalk plant still stretching at 5'6" laughing at the tomato cage i made for it surpassing those sticks already.. OK great observation all around on the lighting making them look like lettuce heads.. thats also what im noticing around here, and that the stalks and branching are Arnold Schwarzenegger like unproportionally super thick..

Might have something to do with LST supercroping and topping all will do that to a plant.
The thing is there's not much veg to LST on them lol.. they're lettuce heads very tight and compact like Phantom mentioned.. or they got Manscaped ? :rofl:

In all seriousness, I think causation is small tent and very strong lighting and possibly some nutrient stunting. I mentioned nutes because some Bro scientists leave their evidence in plain view (little sample jars & bottles in the photo background).

Speaking of training and lighting. I was lazy this round and didn't really train past topping. I was also lazy and needed to raise my lights a bit earlier. owell, learned what was wrong with the auto it stretched next to a light and had light bleach. Raised them up now.

Speaking of training and lighting. I was lazy this round and didn't really train past topping. I was also lazy and needed to raise my lights a bit earlier. owell, learned what was wrong with the auto it stretched next to a light and had light bleach. Raised them up now.
This is my first grow so new /novice and haven't done much LST cause still finding out how bendy and forgiving my plants are.. The thing i did notice right away is how they shot straight up almost at a 90' angle from where they were tied down horizontally which is remarkable... I've basically tied them down to empty spots after removing a few big fan leaves in order to fill up that space the fan leaves occupied.. I think I'll def play around with this set of clones and try doing more than just head chops..

Back
Top Bottom