Spicy White Devil CFL Grow

Hi Thawk,

Yes I figuered this out already, cannabis is a prety tough plant :)
I also think she will handle the stress well. I will check other SWD journals today and see how others cared for this hungry strain.

Happy Eastern everyone!

She's looking better now, not seeing much yellowing like before she is eating well. As far as the use of Super Thrive goes, I have experiment with it in my early days and conclude that it is a snake oil.

It used to be organic back in the days but not sure what the new mix is about, since the label mention no ingredient. Products that does not display the ingredient we shouldn't bother with it. When something goes wrong it makes it very hard to pin point the problem, thus these kind of products can slip away since we don't consider them as the root of the problem. Spend the money and get something useful instead.

Twelve12 said:
She's looking better now, not seeing much yellowing like before she is eating well. As far as the use of Super Thrive goes, I have experiment with it in my early days and conclude that it is a snake oil.

It used to be organic back in the days but not sure what the new mix is about, since the label mention no ingredient. Products that does not display the ingredient we shouldn't bother with it. When something goes wrong it makes it very hard to pin point the problem, thus these kind of products can slip away since we don't consider them as the root of the problem. Spend the money and get something useful instead.

Hi Twelve12,

Great to have you and your experiance here! I also heard mixed opinions on Superthrive. It's product design lets it look a bit dubious for sure. The markeing claims are a bit too good to be true. I was under the impression it contains B1 with Gibbereline, but I'm not sure. I guess the Spicy White Devil is just a cool strain and it would perform well with and without Superthrive. Too bad I have no control plant. I think about dropping Superthrive as soon as I run out (could be with this grow already). I see what you mean about her recovering. She is all green again ;) Next time she turns yellow I will give her a extra dose Plagron Grow (NPK).

Day 22

Hello my friends,

I hope you guys had great eastern, and for those who don't celebrate a nice weekend!

I got new pics to share. Please excuse the bad quality, I need to get used to this camera ... hopefully I will be a pro when it comes to bud shots. And I hope it will :)

DSC006282.JPG
DSC006214.JPG
DSC006275.JPG

As you can see on the last pic, my girl recovered prety good from her FIM treatment. If I see this right, she will most likely have 4 heads, which is prety cool since I never had a multi-cola plant before :goof:

Finished the DIY reflectors, which actually took 10 minutes for both. Each costs me ~ 10$ which is prety sweet. The bulbs need to move places though. Once I have them I will post plant pics under the new light setup.

Hello Everyone :love: !

Not much to report except my girls (SWD and a small Caramello) are doing fine :morenutes:

I got a question though, as well as some thoughts on what might come next:

Question:
Do you guys actually spray water on your plants with a dispenser?
I was going to try a foliar feeding solution for my SWD as well as some clones I was going to take. Now I'm not sure if I'm generally supposed to use water on my plants topically? Will she rott?

Thoughts:
I'm going to take 6 clones in a couple days (7 or so) and grow them SOG style in 2 liter icetea packs I collected, I thought that would be a fun experiance :) I'm inspired by all the great journals here at 420land!
Also I'm thinking of growing the mother SCROG style, so it will make an even canopy with the lollipops. I will send them into flower all together then.

Here you can see what I'm thinking of, the ice tea packs are more durable than they look like. They hold 2 L each. I poked some drain holes at an inch up the bottom.

DSC006367.JPG

Below my grow cabinet with one of the two new 105W fixures. Please don't bother with my temporary CFL construction made of bubble tea straws in the background :) It will be replaced by another 105 Watt fixture. I will put up two of those and supplement with 4 x 30W CFL's which I'll hang a good feet lower then the top lights to encourage some horizontal growth.

DSC006454.JPG
DSC006435.JPG

I ordered a bunch of stuff to build a DWC cloner. I want to fit 6 netpots in it. So if all turns out well I'll have a perpetual system with up to 6 plants (SOG) in flower at a time. But I'll grow less. I realy just need very little of the endproduct. Quality is all I'm looking for. Won't sell any. I realy like all the dispensaries, but as someone put it before, growing per se is almost as much therapy as the final medical endproduct.

Let's see how close I get to my goals :)

Thanks for following my journal buddies!

P.s.: Do you think the lack of light (100Watt (true) in 6400K CFL) would make my girl go ladyboy? Would be a shame. Though I wouldn't mind some more of this SWD seeds. I love this one already. Have been growing Dutch Passion, Nirvana and Sensi Seeds before, all great no question, but compared to the SWD in the same age they were quite behind. But I'm still quite new to growing medicine and I made alot mistakes in the past ...

100 watts should be more than enough to keep her from going hermie, but theres a 6 pack of CFL's at Sams club for $5 and you'd be very happy with the investment come harvest time.

Ok wow that's hell of a deal. :thanks: < 27 watts?

I guess I will have to take a fight with all the other hippies trying to get the last bulbs though :) Just kidding. Hippies don't fight.

Actually finally I'm well equipped. I have a couple 30Watts coming in the mail any other day and was just about to order a 250W (true) 2700K CFL for flower.

I prefer the bigger watt bulbs, because I think they produce less heat per watt then the 27 watters, though those have a higher light output /Watt as far as I know. I'm not sure if the 100s and 250s are better ventilated (they have large ventilation holes in their ballasts). Or maybe I'm just wrong :) Have that feeling for a while. My 4 low watters heat the cabinet more than my 150 watter I used to have.

Thanks for cheering me up on the hermie thing.

Take care!

Hi Everyone :circle-of-love:!

Just a quick update on my grow cabinet, which is still under construction.

As you can see on the pics, I finaly got the bigger bulbs in there. The reflectors/ bulbs are actually closer together, I just seperated them a bit for the pictures, so you can see what's beneath them.

DSC006632.JPG
DSC006834.JPG
DSC006763.JPG

The facts: 2 x 105 watt 6400K CFLs = 210 watt for two plants

Later vegetation period: as they grow, I will most likely install supplemental 30 watt CFLs on different levels.

Flower: As planed they will have a 250 watt 2700K CFL as main source. I might add supplemental 6400K CFLs. Depends how they look later on.

Hope the girls like their new home :morenutes:

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hey PharmaFarmer

I think what you actually did was this :Topping.

Topping3.jpg

That is the real reason you will have 4 tops.
Well Done my friend!
:bravo:

Your girl looks great. :high-five:

AHhhhhhh Did you know, you can top the tops? That's how I did my White Russian. She has tops everywhere.

Hope my little chart makes it easier to see. :thumb:

Sorry it took me so long to get here.:yummy:

Hey Old Med Man,

It's a pleasure having you on my journal, thank you for visiting!
And I hope you will stay a while!
Hah, I'm actually not too sure what I did then :)
Thanks for clearifying! I will post a pic later the day and you will tell me how (where) to top the new tops, si?

Thanks for the heads up on the CFL setup, I hope it'll work out. The place is just too small for an HID (heat).

Day 26

So today was photoshooting day here at my little farm.

First my Samsara Spicy White Devil, from all angles, she's getting big, isn't she? :headbanger::

DSC007272.JPG
DSC007173.JPG
DSC007165.JPG
DSC007114.JPG
DSC007104.JPG
DSC007094.JPG
DSC007041.JPG
DSC007032.JPG
DSC006933.JPG

OldMedMan what would you say, better wait a couple of days before getting the scisors out, right?

Now the Delicious Caramelo:

DSC007313.JPG
DSC007284.JPG

I feel a bit bad about being such a horrible dad for my Caramelo, spoiling the SWD and treating her sister like ***. I hope she won't pay it back to me by deciding to be a guy :confused: It's just like in real life, isn't it ... :) But finaly I accepted her as my kid as well and treat her nicely by giving her her own CFL bulb. Though the girls share a bit, like good sisters do.

Back
Top Bottom