PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

I would say 2-3 weeks and you'll be close.
What do you think of the pistils color? amber. cloudy. im trying to figure the difference cuz to me is either full white or their kinda see through

ive got this EC TDS reader and was wondering if this mode is the ec. cuz on there there is that mode on the pic and then fahrenheit, celsius and ppm

Attachments

• 2020-11-06 13.54.51.jpg
    2020-11-06 13.54.51.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 13
Is it in uS or mS? It looks like it, so yes it probably is EC.
us/cm. how is it that that shows at 135us/cm and the ppm shows at 60something

It gets confusing at times for sure lol
no kidding!!

i noticed more roots coming out of the pot today. 5 to be exact.

Because 135 uS is equal to 675 ppm on the 500 scale. 1.35 mS x 500 = 675 ppm.
that's even more confusing. So the EC meter doesn't show any x1 orx2 or whatever just 135 us.cm. so does both my ppm readers. they show at 60 something it was. i know my blue tds meter does have the option to show 1000 x 10. lol dnt ask how i know

so when it says 135 does that mean 1.35ec ?

What does a TDS or EC meter measure?
The electrical conductivity (EC) of your nutrient results from motion of mineral ions when the meter applies an electrical voltage. The ppM value of a sodium chloride solution happens to be very close to half of its conductivity value (in milliSiemens/cm), so many meters display the conductivity as an equivalent NaCl amount

What does the term Parts Per Million (PPM) mean?
It is a common unit for measuring the concentration of elements in the nutrient solution. One ppm is one part by weight of the mineral in one million parts of solution.

How do I convert between TDS and EC readings?
To obtain an approximate sodium chloride TDS value, multiply the EC reading (in milliSiemens/cm) by 1000 and divide by 2.

To get an EC value, multiply the ppm reading by 2 and divide by 1000.

Thus, if your EC is 1:

1*1000/2= 500 ppm.

And if your ppm is 500:

500*2/1000= 1 EC

Is it better to use an EC or a TDS meter?
If you have plant nutrient recommendations in EC units, an EC meter is convenient. If your plant nutrient recommendations are in ppm values, a sodium chloride TDS calibration is easier to use.

funny enough i don't know what these plants are so i don't know what levels they want it at. The only way for me to know is to read the plants behaviour and look at the leaves. however, I tend to miss allot.

I start around 300 ppm for young plants and increase slowly each week or until the plant says stop.
lol, that's more then what my fish tank is. Maybe i should just grab the fish tank water since i clean and do a tank refill every week

Never know until you try, use a plant you can lose and give it a try.
i've got few clones of the GG and i am really tempted to make that the next grow video series.

well, actually, It's the end of the week and the current hydros clones water needs to get changed. I guess i;ll just grab the water from the tank instead of tab. Will let it run and see what happens

that's the easy part. i'm used to using the ph pen on my tank. i've also got
Kno3 which is a potassium nitrate
KH2Po4 which is a potassium phosphate
and micros
aquarium use dry fertilizer that is fish safe. My aquarium plants love this stuff

Back
Top Bottom