PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

I think if you stay the course of tap water with Hygrozyme and just the MC you'll do well. The new pH pen will definitely help. You're already miles ahead of your last hydro attempt.
I agree 110%
Tomorrow morning, the finial mystery girl will be cut to hang for dry for four hours. The room and tent will be cleaned up and bleached and cleaned more. I will take the Gorilla glue clones that in dwc into the tent and get the entire air system, moisture and light schedule set.

currently the GG have been under 24h, 120w led light. Knowing that both plants have rooted is exciting.
Hopefully no more down falls from here.

With hydro, sterilization is a must.
with every water change?
i've sterilized the air stone, tubes and the pump with hot water and few drops of alcohol.

is that a canadian brand? is it called flying skull z7?

the bottle says 1.5 for every litter but never exceed 4ml per Litter.
the res is about 5g full but i've got about 4g water in there. I added 2ml but now that i am writing it and doing the math it should be 6ml. :hmmmm:

They may have had to tweak the formula slightly in order to sell it in Canada.

PK, you are correct you should be dosing more if the manufacturer states 1.5 ml/L. You should be somewhere around 5.5 ml/gal or 22 ml total for your 4 gallon water change.

Also make sure you aren't using hydrogen peroxide or bleach if you are using beneficial bacteria/enzymes like Hygrozyme or Z9.

that explains that white gunky stuff that was on the clay pebbles.
I used peroxide and enzyme at that water change.

You essentially have 2 choices, either use bleach or peroxide for a completely dead and sterile system or use beneficial bacteria/enzymes (bennies) to fight off the gunk build up. Both work, bleach is cheap but can be deadly to your plants if misused, bennies are not cheap (some are reasonably priced) but rarely will you kill a plant if you over do it.

noted! thanks for the clarification. i'll just go add another 20ml to each res

I started out with just Hydroguard for a few weeks while I waited for my Z7 on backorder. The Hydroguard worked but when the Z7 arrived I went and dosed the reservoir with it, maybe a day after I had dosed it with Hydroguard. The next day the thin slime layer that builds up on all the surfaces below the water level was pale and dead looking. The Hydroguard wasn't killing it but the Z7 definitely did. After that there was no more build up in the system. Now when I go back to my hydro setup this spring I'll just use Z7.

Back
Top Bottom