PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

I thought he was recamending more part a than part b?
"If I were in possession of the 2 part, I'd probably weigh out 420g of Part A, 180g of Part B, put them in a little tupperware container, mix, and just feed that from start to finish. That would be like making up your own batch of the 1 part with higher S."

exactly; hence why i got confused lol

at the moment i am not doing any mix until farside comes online.

currently i've got the gg locked in and she is growing beautiful leaf colour

2020-12-05 08.23.19.jpg
Currently she has been stable at ph 5.8 to 6.5 and its been the same process for two days now.

I have 5ml of Seaweed extract in there which gave it about 100 ppm form the original 20ppm of tap water.
At the time i only had MC part A so i added that to get 300 ppm.

combined 5ml of Z9 and didn't need to adjust ph as it was at 6

I've put the plant in place and its been going well.

The picture camera light has been adjusted .

Not to contradict what has been said but here is what the 2-Part Single Tank calculator shows to use for a 5 gallon reservoir.

20201205_093009.jpg

Definitely read this section PK
20201205_093444.jpg

Here are the elemental ppm values and NPK ratios using the above dosages.

Early Veg - 7.5 gr Part A & 12.5 gr Part B (per 5 gallons)
20201205_093559.jpg

NPK ratio of 12-5-10

Late Veg/Early Bloom - 12.5 gr each of Part A & B (per 5 gallons)
20201205_093539.jpg

NPK ratio of 11-7-13

Bloom - 21 gr Part A & 9 gr Part B (per 5 gallons)
20201205_093516.jpg

NPK ratio of 8-9-18

Just keep it simple
i haven't ph the water for two days and it's at 6.3 right now. i'm just gonna let her ride until 6.5 and then adjust ph.

@The Phantom correct, that's what it says on my end as well hence why my questions raised. I also set it to 4gallon since the volume of the water is more toward 4gallon

Understandable and I'm not trying to discredit anyone but I do think Farside's recommendation is untested just based on the fact I don't think anyone is using the 2 Part formula here or at least they aren't posting about it. I would personally start with what GLN recommends but I would interpolate the dosing they give you so I would run smooth transitions between the plant phase dosage they give. This way you don't jump from 7.5 grams of Part A one week to 12.5 the next week or 12.5 to 21, etc.

Also provide us with good PPM readings when you mix up a batch of nutrients since the PPMs GLN gives are elemental and not what you might see at the meter, as I showed previously. This way those that come after you on the 2 Part pilgrimage have an idea what PPM they should be seeing once they mix their nutrients.

Understandable and I'm not trying to discredit anyone but I do think Farside's recommendation is untested just based on the fact I don't think anyone is using the 2 Part formula here or at least they aren't posting about it. I would personally start with what GLN recommends but I would interpolate the dosing they give you so I would run smooth transitions between the plant phase dosage they give. This way you don't jump from 7.5 grams of Part A one week to 12.5 the next week or 12.5 to 21, etc.

Also provide us with good PPM readings when you mix up a batch of nutrients since the PPMs GLN gives are elemental and not what you might see at the meter, as I showed previously. This way those that come after you on the 2 Part pilgrimage have an idea what PPM they should be seeing once they mix their nutrients.
i agree with you on that, although it would of been nice and easy if it was all pre-mixed
for now i will let the girls run and on the next water change will post a video of the entire process :thumb:

My 420, 180 recommendation was based on plants in full flower (and is the manufacturer's recommendation). Frankly that mixture should work throughout the plants entire life, and about 6-6.5g of that mix per gallon being full strength. Disclaimer, I'm not a hydro grower. I grow in a soil-less mix, but it should be pretty close. The 8-9-18 NPK is close to what I target throughout a grow once you adjust to what is actually supplied to the plant. It actually comes out to close to 2-1-3 net when adjustments are made. This matches tissue samples that AN did close to 2 decades ago.

ok, thank you for clarification @farside05 . i'll run a test on that since i've got 22lbs of both parts and see what happens!

currently i did a test on following the calculator and 4 gallon which is 6 grams on part A and 10 grams on Parts B.
Here are the pictures of ph and tds
2020-12-05 15.06.31.jpg
2020-12-05 15.06.47.jpg
2020-12-05 15.27.31.jpg

Here is what the reading should be at

mc.PNG

I got a few things to get done so i'll talk to you guys later

What's the starting PPM of your water? From that and your reading we can create a table of "at the meter" PPM values instead of elemental, at an initial PPM of zero.
white tds meter shows 17ppm and the blue tds shows 20ppm

@The Phantom i guess i shouldn't of mixed it in the water and instead mixed it together and then brought my ppm up to 300

i think the blue one is 1000 and white one is either 500 or 700
500 or 700 scale? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you have a meter set for each scale, just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom