Plant deficiency or nutrient burn?

CandyMan421

420 Member
Hi my plants where a liberty green but I started feeding calmag and they went very dark green the ppm run off was fine and ph I cut out the cal mag and reduced ppm to 1000 they are going lighter the new groth but few different things popping up don’t know what or is the plant just fixing it’s self ???

288DCE50-BC70-431B-B921-C0D50569ECAC.jpeg

847B2E78-4AD5-4132-97CB-98CE4E50ED1C.jpeg

C2B216E4-B032-4793-8367-E3E3B3197CF0.jpeg

3EB6028F-6A88-429A-85E1-875F0D1192EA.jpeg

Hey let’s get this ball rolling but to help you we need more info… Also would really help to have plants shown in natural light, hard to diagnose properly in those pics. Can you move one to another room or turn off grow lights and use flash? Maybe go ahead and drop some answers for us and add the pics a bit later.

What’s in the container?
How often do you water?
What are you feeding them? How often do you feed them?
To what value are you adjusting ph?
What type of light? Wattage? And spacing distance?
What’s your temp & rh?

has some 3 bladed fan leaves indicating photoperiod stress like reveg… new growth does come in with lighter shade of green so that part is normal but yes looks like something else is going on.

lastly and please forgive not trying to be smarty or condescending but when there’s a problem- plants don’t fix themselves but I get what you mean.

Edit to add quick search and looks like you use coco, still might help to hear your feed regime, what nutes, how often, what ph range? And are you checking ph before you feed or only checking runoff ph..?

Hi my plants where a liberty green but I started feeding calmag and they went very dark green the ppm run off was fine and ph I cut out the cal mag and reduced ppm to 1000 they are going lighter the new groth but few different things popping up don’t know what or is the plant just fixing it’s self ???
Definitely need more information to go on as mentioned.

Liberty green, is that copper oxide, pale blue green? Calcium improves the roots ability to absorb nutrients like Nitrogen and is used in new plant growth. Way too much or too little calcium causes pale leaves. Dark green in veg is good so why stop calmag? Run off should match you feed PPM and PH. PPM is from feed chart instructions and PH 6.0 +/- .5 depending on media. Light color new growth is normal. 3 finger leaves are an indication of the plant bouncing between veg and flower. Are you running 18 hours of light on a timer? What type of yellow light are you using? You need a minimum of 16wats of LED per square foot.

Hey let’s get this ball rolling but to help you we need more info… Also would really help to have plants shown in natural light, hard to diagnose properly in those pics. Can you move one to another room or turn off grow lights and use flash? Maybe go ahead and drop some answers for us and add the pics a bit later.

What’s in the container?
How often do you water?
What are you feeding them? How often do you feed them?
To what value are you adjusting ph?
What type of light? Wattage? And spacing distance?
What’s your temp & rh?

has some 3 bladed fan leaves indicating photoperiod stress like reveg… new growth does come in with lighter shade of green so that part is normal but yes looks like something else is going on.

lastly and please forgive not trying to be smarty or condescending but when there’s a problem- plants don’t fix themselves but I get what you mean.

Edit to add quick search and looks like you use coco, still might help to hear your feed regime, what nutes, how often, what ph range? And are you checking ph before you feed or only checking runoff ph..?
Hi I’m using 600w hps distance in new photo and testing run off before and after both good running out the same
I accidentally messed timer up a few weeks ago nocking them into flower for a week max and put back that’s why they abit funky atm re veging they are now going lighter I watter once a day or when tops go slightly dry not dry but when top goes dusty or when they feel very light

you aren't really helping us to help you.

read through that and get back to us with the info.

it’s the details that matter, we asked what’s in the bucket? and more…

willing to bet your feed / water regime are all wrong. Feel pretty confident you are treating coco coir like soil. Soil and coco are not the same thing, there’s nothing in coco to sustain a plant. It’s place where roots can grow if you supply everything else.

Plants grown in coco need to be fertigated every day. Fertigate is to feed and irrigate at same time so it’s nutes plus water every day… feed enough volume to get 10% runoff. Thats no plain water ever and never let coco dry out all the way. These are the rules for coco… and if you are under leds then cal-mag is a must. Even tho you are hps it’s still good to have cal-mag on the shelf.

To mix your soup… draw your water, add your NPK stir & wait 10 minutes, come back check ph adjust ph to 5.8 then fertigate right away. If you are using cal mag then draw your water, add cal-mag first stir & wait 10 minutes, add your NPK stir & wait again, check ph, adjust ph and feed. Calcium is known to drop out so we add it first

Again this is not soil, it’s coco which is considered as passive hydro so always set your ph to the hydro range which is 5.8 and ignore the runoff numbers .

few different things popping up don’t know what or is the plant just fixing it’s self ???
We can not see details with the yellow lighting and don't know what exact problems you are referring to. Clear photos and description of issues. What is your media/soil mix? What nutrients and how much are you using when? What is your temperature and humidity? What strain are you growing? We can not give accurate advice without accurate information.

Back
Top Bottom