Please help!

Try Amazon. They are pretty cheap. They don't last long though.
I bought a Hanna growline last winter. Works flawlessly. It was $199. I know it's spendy but worth every penny when it comes to your garden and how much work goes into it.

Cool thank you, will have to try it out. Yeah, I have come to find that's it's worth it to get the good shit. I bought a tea meter for like $15 And I don't think it works for shit

Cool thank you, will have to try it out. Yeah, I have come to find that's it's worth it to get the good shit. I bought a tea meter for like $15 And I don't think it works for shit
I originally started with a Hanna hand held and it lasted a year. I took care of it making sure not to dry out the probe, but it didn't last long. It was $54 and my local grow shop.

I upgraded to the Hanna growline that has a separate probe. It has a 6 month warranty on the probe itself and a two year on the unit. The probes can be replaced if damaged.

I couldn't afford a Hanna/Millwaukee/Bluelab myself, getting started can be quite expensive, certain things require higher priority to begin(lights), I picked up some LTC 3 in 1 pen has worked great so far, the most important thing is to store it properly and calibrate it.... Fully plan on investing in a better one down the line, just something take a higher priority first(like getting an RO system)

Should I get a pen or one of the ones that's like a handheld with the probe that's desperate? Is there a difference in accuracy?

They come calibrated along with some stuff to re-calibrate when the time comes which will be obvious. I use them and have only had issues when I didn't.

I think I'm going to get the Milwaukee BEM 802 and it measures ph,ec/tds for $152... any objections to this meter?

They come calibrated along with some stuff to re-calibrate when the time comes which will be obvious. I use them and have only had issues when I didn't.

It comes with the ph 4.01 and 7.01 calibration sachet 20ml... Is this easy to use/calibrate? I know nothing about this shit

Yes they're easy to calibrate, and even if they come calibrated I'd still calibrate it before first use, and use storage solution with it always. Storage solution goes a long way in saving the diode and keeping it calibrated longer

Yes they're easy to calibrate, and even if they come calibrated I'd still calibrate it before first use, and use storage solution with it always. Storage solution goes a long way in saving the diode and keeping it calibrated longer

Right, I read that you need the storage solution. Do you think that model is worth the $152? If heard the hanna, blue lab, and Milwaukee are all good. I just don't understand how they range from $10- hundreds of dollars????

Yes, I think it's a very good model and should last a long time so long as you maintain it.......Just the quality of the product, same how LEDs range from 100-10000, you get what you pay for :Namaste:

My leaf blades have got really thin and long and especially noticeable since I upped nutes from 1/4 strength to 1/2 strength yesterday. Is this a sign or symptom of anything?

I'm about to order it now then, it comes with calibration for ph, and ppm and I'll buy the storage solution with it. Do you just dip it in that solution after every use or something? Btw thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it. Hope I'm not being annoying

So the electrode part should come with a cap or something, you keep the storage solution in the tip of the cap, then place the electrode part in it and keep it standing upright......The piece should come with a manual and directions for how to keep it stored properly, and how to calibrate it, pretty easy stuff once you actually have it and are looking at it :thumb:

And no, not annoying.... rather help people and make sure they get it right, the only bad questions are really the ones you don't ask when you aren't sure, we've all been there and all had people help us along :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom