PNW Outdoor Mixed Indica Grow Journal 2019

Hello all and happy Tuesday!
So the 3 girls are going o week 3 now I think. I've been placing them under the 350 watt cmh from 8pm to 8am, and then tossing them outside for a good 6-8 hours of direct sunlight. They all obviously have grown a bit since the last pictures I've taken, but I do have concerns with them all, each in their own way.

Top left, White Widow, She started to show yellowing of the bottom leaves a few days ago...maybe a week ago. Could this be signs of her being hungry? I started the seeds in just peat pellets, so no nutes there. But I popped the peat pellets into red-solo cups with pro-mix and the last EC run-off was about 2.2 I think.

Top right, Blue Berry, definitely doing the best, but also showing signs of yellowing in bottom leaves.

Then there is the Cream Caramel girl. She has been way behind the other two. Also showing signs of yellowing. Very slow growth compared to the others which is interesting because they have all been treated equally.

My watering regime for the last 3 weeks has been to inject about 20 mls of water near the stem with a syringe every few days. Really helps me from over-watering (which I've always been prone to). I'm guessing that these girls might be asking for some nutes maybe if their roots haven't quite penetrated the peat pellets yet?!? Anyway, that is purely a guess. I am ready to feed them a really good soak for the first time today. Do you think I should go with a 1/3 or 1/4 strength nutes here now?

Your responses are appreciated!

Attachments

• 20190406_234925.jpg
    20190406_234925.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 87
Almost forgot, I took your advice and germed another seed. There will be an "Early Miss" Autoflower also from Crop King seeds that will be joining these 3 this summer.

I haven't grown an auto-flower yet. So this should be fun! Yeah for 2 harvests!!! I hope she doesn't finish too early and gets to be a big girl in time!

So what should a type EC reading be for these girls? I don't want to get to technical...but I don't want to fuck up either. Are we talking 0.3 or higher? I'll level pH out at about 6.4.

Last time I mixed up a dose of the Remo ferts at about 1/4 strength it was only about 0.3. Does that sound about right?

Thanks again for the help!

So I soaked them good with a formula of nutes that came out to an EC of 0.36 and a ph of 6.5. I raised the pH a bit from 6.2 with a very small amount of potassium silicate.

EC runoff was about 0.75, but pH runoff was hovering 4.9 to 5.0. Isn't at really low?

Gotcha. So now that I've given them a good soak with 1/4 strength, I've officially started the wet-dry cycles. Should I be doing water-water-nutrient? Or should I keep up the 1/4 strength formula each time I water?

I'll be watching run-off EC to make sure it doesn't get too hot I guess as well.

I think the key is to tone back calmag in promix unless you're using RO. Coco and promix are different I. That way from what I understand as well as ph. Ph in promix should be higher. Like what you have it set at.

Honestly they won't need much of anything to start just grow and micro. Were talking 2ml per gallon. I use a nearly inert organic soil to start in and I honestly dont even use nutes for like 3 or 4 weeks.

In your case, I'd say once you're established with 2 or 3 sets of true leaves you can feed them. I would feed per gallon....

1 ml magnifical
2ml micro
2 ml grow
And every other watering add
1 ml of velo kelp and
1 ml natures candy

In coco full throttle veg I think I was at...

6 ml magnifical
6 ml micro
6 ml grow

I dont use anything else besides some advanced nutrients root mass expanders (no micro or macro nutes) in veg.

Again with promix I assume you should use half to a third the magnifical that I do. Also, you should be able to cut back on the micro and grow by 1 ml per gallon.

So I would start low and ultimately, like 4 or 5 weeks in, you can ramp up to...

2-3 ml magnifical
5 ml micro
5 ml grow

Per gallon again adding small amounts of velokelp (less than 3 ml per gal).

Also be sure to gradually increase the feed. Not sure if that was implied. Most of all HAVE FUN!

Thank you, everyone, for all of that expert information!

Reading about the difference between alkalinity and pH was interesting. I thought I knew a lot about the subject but the idea of the alkalinity of a liquid meaning how it tends to stay basic was interesting. I never saw it that way before.

And Dabber...thank you muchly for the REMO information. I've heard and read lots about how it is a great product, but I've never really read anyone's specific recipe. I appreciate it! I guess EC watering levels should ramp up slowly through veg to about 1.5 or so???

Good afternoon All,

Cold and wet Sunday afternoon for us here. Today these girls are 5 weeks old since the seeds hit water. I figure I'd start the clock from the actual start...rather than from when I assume they enter proper veg from seedling.

So since watering with 1/4 strength nutes a few days ago... BANG...GIRLS LOOKING GREAT!!!

A few talking points for this post:

Cream Caramel: Obviously lacking behind. She's only starting her 3rd real set of leaves. WW starting 4th, BB starting 5th. Could just be genetics? Probably too early to assume anything I guess.

Also...what's up with the turned leaf? I've read that could be a nutrient overdose? Or again...is it too early to tell? I'm guessing the browned spots on the lower leaves are from water/nutrient mix getting on the leaves and then being cooked in the sun or light?
20190414_172628.jpg

Also...on the Blueberry, it's shown some irregular leaf patterns. Just curious what that might be caused by? (You can see it on the left most left on the bottom, and the bottom-top leaf near the tip).

20190414_172647.jpg

Ready for a feed again tonight or tomorrow...Going to go with ~ 0.4 EC this time.

Cheers All!
PNW.

Oh...almost forgot to share this too: The Early Miss popped today:
20190414_172029.jpg

Back
Top Bottom