Pooh's CFL first grow, bagseeds, soil, lets do this!

PoohBurrMedic

I dont have my laptop at the moment but im excited to get started so i took some pics on my phone and am posting this from my ipad. I'll upload some pics tonight or tomorrow! I hope i can get some followers in this journal so i can get some advice alomg the way :) technically this is my second grow but my first plant was a male so i never got to finish it. So im here to try again and ive read through a few journals on here. Im no where near a good grower, mostly because im not equipped but for my low low low budget i think ill get a few nice plants going. Anyway heres the scoop,

Soil grow.
CFL, daylight cfls for veg, daylight and warm mix for flower.
Bag seeds, so the dissapointment of male plant might repeat itself.
Germinating three seeds atm have them soaking in water, then im going to try to get some perlite to lighten the soil up and set these seeds up in three seperate small containors under two 23w daylight CFLs in a make shift reflector. I will eventually set up a big containor to fill with water and let set as to get the chlorine out of it, and maybe add lemon juice to lower the ph.
my set up will change throughout the grow most likely, just as i come accross better techniques and ect.
economy in my city is horrible much like most other places accross the u.s today so i doubt ill be able to sink much money into this grow. little to no nutes will be used for veg, and maybe by the time i get to flower ill be able to pick up some nutes. also my brother is considering loaning me his HPS for flowering, so thats an improvement.
Well my grow is very amature so it may get on some of yalls nerves lol, ill do my best to follow anyones tips and suggestions! Ill get things going very soon!

cool man good luck with the grow...i am currently doing the same thing myself. i have a 4 week old plant vegging and 4 seedlings starting to spread their wings. i'm using some bag seeds i have of NY sour diesel to practice on...if i even yield 1 bud it will be worth it to me.... then i'll invest in a seed bank and get some real healthy seed to grow.....all trial and error right?! so good luck to ya:thumb:

Ok, so now I'm on my laptop and can give just a little more info (I don't know much in the first place) and maybe some pics if I can figure this posting stuff out :D
All I could do when I went to get soil was go to the nearest walmart so I am stuck with Expert potting soil, It's not bad, just not the happy frog I want. Nearest hydro shop was closed when i had the money to go get some soil so I picked up this bag of soil for 6 bucks and spent the rest on lighting. Witch since walmart is crazy, was 3.50 a cfl. Thats crazy right?! Everywhere else in my state they are like 2 bucks at the most! But my city is crazy i suppose.
ANYWAY!

I let seeds soak in water for 24 hours, they hit the bottom and I pulled them out and planted them. Decided to go with a single containor for all three instead of seperate. Just too lazy to find some small containers.

Well my set up is alittle wierd at the moment, I will be moving it into my closet as soon as i set my closet up for grow again. But for now it is in the side wardrobe of an antique chest of drawers. I'll try to upload some pics now :)

Ok not in this post i guess, Ill hit up photo bucket! Pics comin right up!

Also, dmoney, Thanks for the support bro! My set up is EXTREMELY amature so I am prepared for critics! B) And good luck on your grow! I am going to invest in some indica seeds from one of the sponcer seed banks Attitude, I wont be germing them till i get better lights tho!! :D

Seeds right when i put them in the water,
2011-10-03_16-51-37_627.jpg

germing space minus the make shift reflector, plus my 4 lime trees that have been in there for the last few weeks as my last mj grow was in bloom and my lime trees didnt like the light sched and lost a bunch of leaves :(
2011-10-03_16-52-11_397.jpg

heres the reflector with the lights inside
2011-10-03_18-19-47_754.jpg

Grow space with the lights on and the reflecter in place, beaming on my lime trees :)
2011-10-03_18-20-09_230.jpg

the container my seeds are in right now :) added some perlite to the soil just to go easy on the tender roots that these little babies will have
2011-10-04_02-47-23_586.jpg

oh yea, i have a heating pad in place cause i know seeds like to be warm, so do my lime trees roots!
here you can say hello to my recovering lime trees. :)
2011-10-04_02-47-39_212.jpg

ok now lets hope these pics pop up!!

I'll show some pics of my actual first grow that turned out a male, it was fun while it lasted!
2011-08-01_11-19-58_634.jpg

2011-08-19_18-26-25_54.jpg

2011-08-19_18-26-45_663.jpg

2011-08-23_19-17-11_584.jpg

those leaves look golden green!
2011-08-28_09-45-11_734.jpg

2011-08-28_09-45-25_355.jpg

Here it is a few days before i found out it was a male
2011-10-01_20-00-14_758.jpg

and here it is chopped down layin on my bed
2011-10-02_20-35-19_174.jpg

had all kinds of these little guys pop up in the soil, not in any other containers but my weed plant, weird huh? :p
2011-09-24_15-06-52_449.jpg

Just wanna say thanks to whoever sticks with me in this grow!
Also, camera is only 5mp so pics wont be that great! :(

I only saved the seeds of the best weed i got ahold of that had seeds in it,
local reg is what they came from but a few times the local dealers got ahold of some good damn near seedless sh!t, and the few seeds i was able to find, are in a bag in my drawer, three of them in the germ process :) Wish the grand daddy purp i got from my bro had seeds!! Then i would be in business! But sadly no go. :(

Hope i get a lot of followers! Tell me if i start to do something wrong! Feed back is AWESOME!
now time to creep some more journals and fill my mind with more knowledge of the marijuana growing techniques used accross the world :)

Hey pooh.. welcome to :420: my man....:riskybusiness:.....you will have no choice but to separate the girls if you want to optimize your plants and your plants health.....how warm is it I. There?...keep those temps down....I love cfl's myself but they are heat makers.....and keep them close to the girls.....sorry bout that male...good for your experience you know.....I'm in so good luck buddy...:ciao:

CAPTN WE NEED TO MOVE THIS TREAD....... To journals in prog....

Hello all! Very happy to see some interest! I used to lounge around on another cannabis mag site and most of the people on there attacked me for being so clueless on growing, all i was doing was trying to learn!
Thanks for following everyone! And I wonder, how do I get this into on going journals?

As of my grow, only update I have is nothing :p
Seeds just chillin in the soil, got foil over the container since the light is on for my lime trees. Last time i germed seeds, i had what looked like a deformality with a couple of my seedlings, kind of hard to explain but they eventually died, I'm hoping I won't have that problem with any of these. What was happening was, The first leaves that show (I forgot the name of them) were growing weird, as in the main vein of them were extended passed the leaves, I will try to fetch the pic i took of one of them in a bit so you can see what I am talking about. I will say this, I have come a LONG way since my first try at growing, not the plant that turned out male, a few years back in my younger days, I germed like 20 seeds in miracle grow under my sink, didnt think they needed special lighting so just sat them on top of my sink under the incondecent lighting of the bathroom, i was excited when they stretched, thinking they were growing so rapidly they couldnt hold themselves up, little did i know, i was being fooled by my ignorance :p
But i didnt know anything about weed plants at the time just knew that when i smoked weed, i was a happy camper ;)
i've also decided that on one of these plants that come up, and btw if any of these three seeds do not germ, i will be replacing the one or ones that did not, i want three this time to better my odds and experiment, but one of the plants that i harbor will be a test plant so to speak, i will be topping it at the hmmm maybe 3rd or 4th node and probably once more after that, then experimenting with the branches, just want to expirement and see the results. Also i am thinking about tying one down sideways to keep it low and keep light on the whole plant and what not, the other will probably be done the same way since i dont have an unlimited amount of lights. I am very sloppy with my planning right now but I will better my organization and thoughts as i go!

I want to get some more Y sockets and cfls, maybe somewhere along the line i will be able to!
Also, 420fied inspired me to make a cloner, I made one from scratch materials instead of what he did for lack of those parts or money for them. So it would be a hand sprayed deal, just curious as to if that would work, the top is foam, with slits to hold the clones, on the under part of that, is a one gallon ice cream containor will holes all over it basically for ease of access to hand spray the clones if i have multiple in it, would that work? and how often would i have to spray them? I'll post pics of it when i post a pic of the deformed seedling from 3 months ago. Thanks for any help!! :)

Glad to see people following my thread, thought it would be a while before i got any one on board honestly!

Let me say good luck with ur grow. I am still on my first grow but also has a second and third grow going too. The first grow is in the 6th week of flowering. The second grow is still sprouts about 2-4 wks old. Had a few seeds that didn't take and also put 3 seeds in dirt today.

I am like you, wanted to start with bagseed before I get the good seeds so I can learn from my mistakes. I will def be keeping up with ya since we're kinda doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom