Poor, CFL, Stealth, Maybe a Little Luck?

Hi dfw, great journal, it was one of my major inspirations for starting my own.

You had mentioned planting according to moon phase and I'm really interested in this concept. I searched 420 and didn't find any good posts on the subject. I'm familiar with biodynamic farming and I'm really curious about the approach here.

Do you have any good resources on this topic?

You had mentioned planting according to moon phase and I'm really interested in this concept. I searched 420 and didn't find any good posts on the subject. I'm familiar with biodynamic farming and I'm really curious about the approach here.

Not to steal his thunder... Get a farmers almanac it has all that info, we would use it to plant weed when my gramps was planting late corn... You can get one anywhere around here, it being redneckastan and all... :nicethread: :goodluck:

Here ya go bro, this isn't too scientific but tells you what to do and why with a few details about the cycles of the moon.

Gardening by the Phases of the Moon

bro. my compliments to the quote you wrote 'he who makes a beast of himsetf gets rid of the pain of being a man' bro that was thero.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Wow!!!
Just want to say that this grow was awesome!
You started out with very little money/stuff to work with and everything turned out great! I am starting a cfl grow and have been reading everything I could and this one stood out...great job man!
How was the smoke?

Thanks for reading! The smoke was fantastic. Tasted like springtime & got me high as ever. Good luck on your grow! I'll be sure to keep up on it (if you start a grow journal).

Sounds good man,a couple questions....
Ok so u only used around 120+ watts of cfl lights?
They must have loved every second of it,they looked bad ass all throughout the entire grow!
I just got done reading/looking at this hole growlog...prolly took more then 2 hours,lol..
Its just awesome...did I miss ur yeild from these 2 plants?
I had a grow going and after my cat got done with a couple plants,and what survived turned male even though they looked healthy as can be...
I have a new grow going right now ect...will put it up soon,
Also want to go to homedepot and go shopping:)
A couple 2 way things,and some bigger cfl bulbs is what I need,and I hear they got em!
Lol...thanks again!

Yup just over 120w of light & the yield was 72 grams. Just over 1oz per plant.

If you haven't gone to home depot yet... I suggest 2 or even 3 42w cfl's per plant. That would do wonders. Or alternatively 3 to 4 23w(100w equiv) per plant would work too (and is probably cheaper). If there's one thing I regret not doing in this grow, it's buying more lights. There's no such thing as to much light :]

Yup just over 120w of light & the yield was 72 grams. Just over 1oz per plant.

If you haven't gone to home depot yet... I suggest 2 or even 3 42w cfl's per plant. That would do wonders. Or alternatively 3 to 4 23w(100w equiv) per plant would work too (and is probably cheaper). If there's one thing I regret not doing in this grow, it's buying more lights. There's no such thing as to much light :]

Ya ur buds were awesome but just imagine if u had another 6000 lumens on them,lol...But I just went to homedepot and got 2 42 watt cfl bulbs,and a pack of 3-26 watt bulbs,so now I have 11,500 lumens..and like 182 watts or so,more then I wanted but Im not complaining,lol...

Man, i LOVED this journal. So informative, even the gurus seemed to learn something and the CFL haters were forever silenced! I had to do a double take when I saw your final plant shots, harvest shots, and amount.

I think this one raises and sets the bar higher for budget CFL grows. I can only hope my setup with 250w CFL and 7 plants will yeild as much as yours, it seems that the LST really did wonders. BRAVO!! :thanks::nicethread::roorrip:

Man, i LOVED this journal. So informative, even the gurus seemed to learn something and the CFL haters were forever silenced! I had to do a double take when I saw your final plant shots, harvest shots, and amount.

I think this one raises and sets the bar higher for budget CFL grows. I can only hope my setup with 250w CFL and 7 plants will yeild as much as yours, it seems that the LST really did wonders. BRAVO!! :thanks::nicethread::roorrip:

Thanks for the compliments man. I wouldn't think this is that great of a journal without the nice people like yourself. Best of luck with your grow man. Though if I may say.. 250w will be fine for vegetation, but if your trying to flower 7 plants, you'll want to a bit more light. 250w of CFL covering that much area will yield about half an ounce per plant.

You know, I am realizing that 7 is a bit too much now - hadn't banked on 7/9 being female from bag seed, and its been a challenge in such a small area to move around etc. I think next time will be 3-4 and add a few more 42's for mobility!

Thanks for the advice though, if I do get 14g/ plant I will be stoked!!!

Back
Top Bottom