Poor, CFL, Stealth, Maybe a Little Luck?

Hi dfw-guy, I loved your journal, and am still using it as source of info/inspiration, it's what got me started! I was wondering if you could tell me, approximately how much lime did you sprinkle on top of the soil, to fix your pH problem, and then how much lime did you add per what volume of water later on? I have a 1.7gal pot with FFOF:perlite (3:1 ratio), and expect to run into the same problem as you did at mid-flower, even got the lime ready (5lb Espoma Garden Lime, little pellets).

Butcher, now that you mention it, car batteries would work great. I can pick up a solar battery charger for about $25 bucks, that would extend it's life. 12 VDC pumps are cheap as well. I believe I can now see the DFW-Guy brain cells beginning to churn! lol.

Wow guys, what can I say other than thanks for all the support. I'm down to my last nug. Total was around 55g, and at my peak I was smoking about a gram a day. I hate how high my tolerance got haha. I'm in the process of scoping out some nice areas for the next grow.

Hi dfw-guy, I loved your journal, and am still using it as source of info/inspiration, it's what got me started! I was wondering if you could tell me, approximately how much lime did you sprinkle on top of the soil, to fix your pH problem, and then how much lime did you add per what volume of water later on? I have a 1.7gal pot with FFOF:perlite (3:1 ratio), and expect to run into the same problem as you did at mid-flower, even got the lime ready (5lb Espoma Garden Lime, little pellets).

I sprinkled probably 1/4 cup for each plant. Lime helps stabilize the PH so don't be afraid of it. If you buy some PH strips (about $5) then you shouldn't have any problems at all. Just check your nutrient solution before you water & check the runoff.

This is one of the journal's I'm using to guide me through my grow. It's going to be done on a budget - I'm trying to use your $88 as a goal, that I don't exceed, while trying to do it a bit cheaper. I'm going to need a whole lot of luck as well. I was digging for my seedling, and I kind of moved it around a little too much, we'll see I guess.

I just moved from the DFW area, sadly. Oddly enough, never got a chance to try any 'corn. But did get nice samples of a lot of the fire that passed through.

Thanks for putting this journal together, huge inspiration!

Wow guys, what can I say other than thanks for all the support. I'm down to my last nug. Total was around 55g, and at my peak I was smoking about a gram a day. I hate how high my tolerance got haha.

Having more than one strain to smoke helps end the tolerance blues! :peace:

This is one of the journal's I'm using to guide me through my grow. It's going to be done on a budget - I'm trying to use your $88 as a goal, that I don't exceed, while trying to do it a bit cheaper. I'm going to need a whole lot of luck as well. I was digging for my seedling, and I kind of moved it around a little too much, we'll see I guess.

I just moved from the DFW area, sadly. Oddly enough, never got a chance to try any 'corn. But did get nice samples of a lot of the fire that passed through.

Thanks for putting this journal together, huge inspiration!
No prob man, happy to help! PM me if you need anything :peace:
Having more than one strain to smoke helps end the tolerance blues! :peace:
Hmm I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the tip :ganjamon:

DFW Guy, you need to expand your horizons bro. 2-3 strains is nice to start. Also gives ya a choice of what type of buzz ya want as well. Head buzz for energy in the AM, something to mix with it in the afternoon for more relaxation, and total couch-lock for the evening..yesssss..life is good!

One word -> LEGENDARY! :nicethread:

I red all the pages,, tok me 1,5 hours but well worth it!

:cheer:

Would life be normal if everything always went smoothly?

This year I'm going to grow outdoors. This is because I can not grow in my current living quarters.

I planted a crop of 15 around a week before 4/20. However due to a few complications, partly involving the police but mostly due to my own rookie mistakes, that crop has been mostly lost. I planted the girls right next to a water source. This mistake caused a few plants to be uprooted by animals and all of them to be flooded during a heavy rain. However I will be checking back later to see if I've got any surprises in store. Weed is a hardy plant, who knows. So that crop will be a true guerilla grow.

But don't fret! I've found new spots to plant, and planting shall be done. When I've got something to take pictures of I'll start a new thread, so don't archive this one just yet mods ;)

just finished reading about you,care was the most important thing you gave your females!headed to Lowe's after the NASCAR & NBA go off to get a box,4-6 cfl,the most important of all DUCT TAPE! LOL Great job &thanks for keepin us posted throughout the way

just finished reading about you,care was the most important thing you gave your females!headed to Lowe's after the NASCAR & NBA go off to get a box,4-6 cfl,the most important of all DUCT TAPE! LOL Great job &thanks for keepin us posted throughout the way

No problem man it's all for the love of this fine fine flower. Great to see you got some use out of it too!

Small update on my current situation. I've planted 4 seeds today and I plan on planting a few at a time like this and continually expanding my crop outside. Hopefully in a month or so I'll have a minimum of 20 plants. I'll probably end up planting around 50 or so though to curve my success rate. I don't expect many to make it, as we have a dense deer population, but hey if they do then more weed for me!

I'll just keep buying swag and planting all the seeds I get :)

Back
Top Bottom