Prohibition Is Over And It's Time To Grow: Budget LED 750 Watts RDWC

The only thing that has caused dramatic root rot for me like that is a light leak .
I run dirty SOUP and they just LOVE it, but water changes no less than 2 weeks apart.
I know your buckets are wrapped and I’m super glad your tap water is working for you ! But I don’t know that the ‘gunk’ was your problem?

Maybe stop pulling your plants out and let the roots settle for a few days too ?
Anyways glad things are looking up for you! Namaste
thanks, i have made some adjustments over the last week and added silver tape where i thought light could be leaking, i will get in real close and see if there are any other places light could be leaking.

And good question about the gunk, the thick thick snot on the roots was for sure not normal, but the gunky water was probably fine like you said. I am no expert on this and looking for any and all help ha ha :thanks:

I am a serial root checker @Northern Hydro but i will cut back.

thanks again for the advice and your plant looks fantastic !

Hey man I hope all is good. Nice to see the water is holding. Good catch on the lights and responding to the plants needs in a instant. They should start to respond well to those lights soon.
thanks man all good here, just a few little issues to sort out
The only thing that has caused dramatic root rot for me like that is a light leak .
I run dirty SOUP and they just LOVE it, but water changes no less than 2 weeks apart.
I know your buckets are wrapped and I’m super glad your tap water is working for you ! But I don’t know that the ‘gunk’ was your problem?

Maybe stop pulling your plants out and let the roots settle for a few days too ?
Anyways glad things are looking up for you! Namaste
Also are you still using Z7?

Yes I am still using Z7 ..once at fresh bucket change , and then a .5 ml dose every 5-7 days . I have bout a half bottle of each part left , probs switching to Hydroguard next plant just because I already have some and I'm not going to order z9. ( the Canadian version of z7) until the Hydroguard is gone :)

Yes I am still using Z7 ..once at fresh bucket change , and then a .5 ml dose every 5-7 days . I have bout a half bottle of each part left , probs switching to Hydroguard next plant just because I already have some and I'm not going to order z9. ( the Canadian version of z7) until the Hydroguard is gone :)
Awesome thanks ! Back in the day I used to use something called Dutch master gold range root Zone conditioner in a gold bottle. The first grow I ever did I had some mellow root rot and it cleaned it right up. Used it every subsequent grow and never had a problem again. Its discontinued now so I am looking around for a new product. The UC roots has been working great so far so I might just stick with that.

all four continuing to unfurl themselves

cut off the dimmers off my brand new lights
wired in the lighting adapter for the hydo x
have a good night!

Hello 420 !
Things are looking a pretty good in the garden today. Had to do some more restraining as the tops started stretching yesterday really fast. Need to keep bumping up the lights, I went from 7% to 25% in the last 24 ish hrs and they are loving it so far.
I was up in Kearney hauling supplies into a bush camp today. I climbed to the top of a little hill to get reception, checked my web cam saw the leaves pointing and bumped the lights 5% ;)

tested out this scrog quickly the other day to see if it would work. Seems okay but not sure if I will need it .
After I did a wee spreading of the tops

The 2 bigger ones were close to 15 inches tall now they are around 12

Good morning 420. Plants have perked back up after yesterday’s training session.

have not checked the roots since Thursday morning, before that I was checking prolly 2x per days. Had to look this am, wanted to be sure their are no signs of rot, looks pretty good and happy with the amount of roots these girls are pushing.

I did a quick res change without cleaning my system Thursday night. Ppm has been steady @ 760. Ph was at 5.9 it crept up to 6.0 on sat morning bumped it back to 5.9 and it’s sitting there now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. :passitleft:

Hello bit of an update to the journal. I’ll start with some pics of the plants.

Dunked the roots in some h202 cuz I saw a few things I didn’t like on the roots. Nothing to panic about hopefully. Here is one under a cfl

one of em is 19 inches wide another is 17. Been spreading them and bending them every day.
This am I added 60ml of uc roots and will probably do a res change tomorrow or Wednesday. Ph has climbed to 6.0 and ppm has not moved for days @ 760. They are drinking water and looking healthy, goodnight :)

Also have been speaking with @KCCO 77 ( who should be voted member of the month for helping a bunch of hydro noobs like myself, while pulling off a ridiculous perpetual grow!) and will probably flip the plants to flower within the week, no idea how much they will stretch and kinda wanna get round two going ASAP.
Lmao I’m good on the vote. I could enter lots of things but I have all I need and I’m just happy to help when I can however I can as 420 has helped me lots as well on my journey of learning hydro. Thx for the kind words man.

Did a res change today and a did a really thorough cleaning of the system. I won’t be able to do this if I deploy the scrog so and I wanted to take every precaution I can to prevent anymore root rot.
I’ll leave these alone for a week now.

Sitting in a light h202 mix. after this res change ill leave them alone for a week

New batch of nutes slight bump up in ppm
Some random temperatures around the grow room.

Things are pretty sweet right now, getting nice and green in the room and happy healthy plants. Had to bump the lights down on Sunday night cuz the leaves were curling again. They were down to 5% but have been bumping them up again slowly.

Ppm is at 780
Ph 5.8
Light at 10%

plants are happy, still need to work on some light leaks before I can flip. Have the lights at 13% 24/7 seems about all they can handle right now.

ppm is at 800
Ph 5.8

They look good and r recovering nicely.
lmao tie her down good don’t let her get away.
Lol they r outta control rn i can’t really add enough wires to tie down all the new tops so I am now counting on folding them into the scrog very soon. Just so nervous about the roots. They are turning a bit darker colour prolly fine but I am on edge !!

Lol they r outta control rn i can’t really add enough wires to tie down all the new tops so I am now counting on folding them into the scrog very soon. Just so nervous about the roots. They are turning a bit darker colour prolly fine but I am on edge !!
Ya this run I did my roots we’re darker then I like them but the plants were wonderful. They just seemed really stained

Good morning, hope people are having a nice relaxing weekend.
plants r Cruzin rn. Haven’t done anything since Tuesday except add 5 L of water on Thursday back into the system. I’ll probably top it off this evening when I check the water levels.
was just looking at my calendar and I have a trip 11 weeks from now so I better flip these ladies soon, hopefully I can harvest before that. I moved the lights up again 2 days ago and i now have the lights at 27%.

Ppm 760
Ph 5.9 (flashing at me need to calibrate!)

Back
Top Bottom