Pt.2 - Korloin Goes Hydro!

ok here is what i took from that 125l co2 thing.

1kg of sugar makes 125l of co2..pure co2 meaning 1 million parts per million...however it takes 28 days to do it.

now when using extractors you need to convert your CFM/CFH to litres per hour.. lets say 1000L per hour is the air flow rate of your grow room. (this is not really taking into consideration the Size of the grow room, but im ignoring that and assuming that the co2 is injected directly into the air coming into the room and 'mixxed in'

so that 125l produces 186 millilitres of co2 @ 1million ppm per hour.

now if you take into consideration
Atmospheric CO2 (ppm) The 2012 average annual concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere (Mauna Loa Observatory) is 393.84 parts per million (ppm).

now im not sure of the exact math here, but i think you divide the 186ml by the inflow (1000l in this example) is 0.0186% by volume...so 1million parts per mil *0.0186 = 186ppm plus the co2 already in the air meaning that that system should in my theory (which may be total shite, lol) total co2 ppm in your grow room during 'on hours' = 579.84 ppm

ok here is what i took from that 125l co2 thing.

1kg of sugar makes 125l of co2..pure co2 meaning 1 million parts per million...however it takes 28 days to do it.

now when using extractors you need to convert your CFM/CFH to litres per hour.. lets say 1000L per hour is the air flow rate of your grow room. (this is not really taking into consideration the Size of the grow room, but im ignoring that and assuming that the co2 is injected directly into the air coming into the room and 'mixxed in'

so that 125l produces 186 millilitres of co2 @ 1million ppm per hour.

now if you take into consideration

now im not sure of the exact math here, but i think you divide the 186ml by the inflow (1000l in this example) is 0.0186% by volume...so 1million parts per mil *0.0186 = 186ppm plus the co2 already in the air meaning that that system should in my theory (which may be total shite, lol) total co2 ppm in your grow room during 'on hours' = 579.84 ppm

You brainy bastard you!! :thumb: Fantastic deductive reasoning!

So, assuming your math is correct (which I will) I'm basically almost doubling the atmospheric level! Which translates to near peak photosynthesis as the curve upwards is sharp and basically flatlines out at 1000ppm! Awesome!! Thanks GiGa!! +reps if I can!

I like the idea of co2 enrichment for certain purposes but I can not see using it in my small scale grow. If you do it and are successful I may look into it. I am running with the mentality that if it is not broke don't fix it. I think geographic regions also may play a roll in the need for co2. I am interested to see the results. :)

We would Like some new pic's please , lol. How is your KC auto doing have some of them coming as well?

:) I'll post some tonight of the set up. The KC45 is kicking it!! Seems un-phased by any of the things that were troubling the clone or the Russian! I'm looking forward to it! The bad rap? No idea, except I did read a report of someone claiming they didn't autoflower.

Hey GiGa, any comments? (GiGa's running a huge KC45 SOG right now. Everyone should check it!)

I was also curious about when they start to show preflowers. By standard auto rates I should be getting close to it's "flip", but I don't believe they necessarily hang close to tradition.;)

For the co2 unit, I used Jandre2k3's model as a template and just simplified it a bit.

jury is still out for me, my fungus gnat problem nearly wiped out my first 15, still not entirely sure they are going to make it. my 2nd batch of 15 is twice as tall as the first batch, but same amount of nodes oO but i put that down to defoliation, which i did from baby for batch 1 and not until recently for batch 2. i do know from growing so many thats its a slightly unstable strain, im seeing distictly different phenos in my plant structures.

im just going to have to wing it for now. bloody gnats have ruined my chances of studying the grow patterns this go round...right now im just hoping to get some to bud stage and pollinate my best pair.

my solution to co2...close my grow room door, load up a decent game, and get totally wasted. me and my joints are producing LOTS of co2 i imagine :rofl:

i hear all this stuff about tobacco smoke, but my first 3 grows didnt seem to have any issues whatsoever.

You brainy bastard you!! :thumb: Fantastic deductive reasoning!

So, assuming your math is correct (which I will) I'm basically almost doubling the atmospheric level! Which translates to near peak photosynthesis as the curve upwards is sharp and basically flatlines out at 1000ppm! Awesome!! Thanks GiGa!! +reps if I can!

we may be lucky and i got that one right...but even if i did. thats based on 1000l air throughput, i just made that number up for easy math...you need to use your own fan ratings and im not sure what they are.

I like the idea of co2 enrichment for certain purposes but I can not see using it in my small scale grow. If you do it and are successful I may look into it. I am running with the mentality that if it is not broke don't fix it. I think geographic regions also may play a roll in the need for co2. I am interested to see the results. :)

I hear ya TG, but if GiGa's math is correct I'm potentially increasing the growth rate by 1/2! At the cost of a couple packets of yeast and a 1/4lb of sugar a week.

I'm happy to guinea pig for ya! :)
Only fair as I went HID after watching what happened when you did.:high-five:

K
I'm of the "what could it hurt?" school myself. ;)

:tommy:

You absolute Star.:adore::passitleft: Thank you for the link, fantastic information! I have only taken clones once, at 5 weeks of flowering, the same day I found easy to follow instructions, I was so pleased they took I didn’t really pay attention to their branching, but I’ll do 21 days this time, Sunday conveniently!

Tremendous stuff K

Aw shucks AJ.:bigblush: Just passing things along.
Thanks!

K

we may be lucky and i got that one right...but even if i did. thats based on 1000l air throughput, i just made that number up for easy math...you need to use your own fan ratings and im not sure what they are.

I'm pulling @ 130cfm out (probably closer to 100-110 taking the filter into consideration) of a little less than a 16cuft area, while pushing in @30cfm active. I'm in the middle of making dinner for the fam while I'm writing. So the math will have to wait till were sated. :)

Bummer! Looks like Mycorrhiza bags it is then. :thumb:
The girls do seem happier though.

Very good reasoning with GiG's math. That would really give a rough estimate that I believe would be close to the true value :thumb:
But that's what I was thinking about exhausts :( we install them to make sure our tent has completely fresh air every minute or so.. sooo.. :(, that's why I gave up on CO2 without a sealed room. Maybe you can seal yours :)?

Very good reasoning with GiG's math. That would really give a rough estimate that I believe would be close to the true value :thumb:
But that's what I was thinking about exhausts :( we install them to make sure our tent has completely fresh air every minute or so.. sooo.. :(, that's why I gave up on CO2 without a sealed room. Maybe you can seal yours :)?

It IS possible actually!
I've co-opted the underside of my basement stairs to house my happy place. :) I have half of it lined w/ panda film. Been thinking about taking the box apart and just building a veg room a flower room inside using the existing framework.
Would give me 6" vertical and maybe 6" square around where the box is now. Then the whole descending side could be veg. Kinda like it is now, but less ramshackle. :)

ive been designing a grow with custom cool tubes. a 600w has a plant safe distance of around 8-10 inches.

well how about a plastic tube thats 20 inches in diameter that the entire light and reflector fit in (im designing based on eurowing)

not only will that extract a LOT more of the heat from a light, but it also means they can be placed so low that the plants can grow on and around them without any harm whatsoever.

just imagine something like that at waist height between a row of plants , with bulbs that have no reflector and can move like on rails.

just thought i would mention it since it fits very well with sealed grow thinking ;)

ive been designing a grow with custom cool tubes. a 600w has a plant safe distance of around 8-10 inches.

well how about a plastic tube thats 20 inches in diameter that the entire light and reflector fit in (im designing based on eurowing)

not only will that extract a LOT more of the heat from a light, but it also means they can be placed so low that the plants can grow on and around them without any harm whatsoever.

just imagine something like that at waist height between a row of plants , with bulbs that have no reflector and can move like on rails.

just thought i would mention it since it fits very well with sealed grow thinking ;)

I was pretty amazed at how little heat transfers through my plexiglass! I have my lamp sitting about 4" above it and I can hold my hand on the bottom of the glass from inside the grow chamber indefinitely! So your idea seems like it would TOTALLY work, based on my experience! I'm tellin' ya GiGa! MARKETING!! You got some great fucking ideas man! You gotta find a money man and get that shit financed and on the market! (especially the GiGaGargantujuana!!! :)) Seriously though, If I had bread, I'd fund the hell outta the GiGapots!!

:)

lets just call my grow a self funding project ;)

wont be long and ill plenty of cash.

you have seen my grow 'bed', well with short plants thats multi story. long story short just this 1 room could probably do 300 plants every 6 weeks based on fastbud2 dimensions. so yeah thats a lot of heat to shift and a lot of bud to produce..even if the plants only produce an ounce each thats still 60 ounces a week average.

im on the ball brother, just have to wait for crops to start producing.

i got 3 bella afroditi with my last 10 fastbud and holy crap mate they are exploding out of their shells. it would not suprise me to be working on 2nd set of leaves by this time tommorow. they gotta have hybrid vigour or something. twice as developed as the fastbuds yet all were soaked and planted at the same time.

funilly enough...i find airpots to have a few flaws over my giga pots.
they are too sharp at the bottom, the corner will rip through foil, poly/mylar,survival blankets...its been a bitch trying to water them 4 at a time in a tub =(

a simple dip of the bottom cm into a rubber solution or something would end that.
the cones are too deep. you waste a LOT of soil packing into those cones. you could lose an inch of pot 'thickness' with no loss of performance whatsoever. hell, retooling for the latter would probably pay for the former in reduced material costs, and transport costs (less weight) AND we would be able to fit more pots in the same area for SOG grows.

dont worry about me my friend i generate at least one money making idea a week...i just cant do the simple things like stick a job in order to pay start up costs. things are a bit different now that this IS my job ;)

funilly enough...i find airpots to have a few flaws over my giga pots.
they are too sharp at the bottom, the corner will rip through foil, poly/mylar,survival blankets...its been a bitch trying to water them 4 at a time in a tub =(

a simple dip of the bottom cm into a rubber solution or something would end that.
the cones are too deep. you waste a LOT of soil packing into those cones. you could lose an inch of pot 'thickness' with no loss of performance whatsoever. hell, retooling for the latter would probably pay for the former in reduced material costs, and transport costs (less weight) AND we would be able to fit more pots in the same area for SOG grows.

dont worry about me my friend i generate at least one money making idea a week...i just cant do the simple things like stick a job in order to pay start up costs. things are a bit different now that this IS my job ;)

Right on man. But if I roll in the hydro shop anytime in the future and see anything resembling a shopping cart lined with bug screen, I'm calling a fucking lawyer on your behalf!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom