QB, MH, HPS, T5, LED New Fast Hybrids, BBxC99xFast, WhiteWidowxFast, #1SkunkxFast, FastChilly Perpetual Tent City, Clone To Harvest

Strong looking roots there. Super healthy and strong clones MH! :adore::bravo: If only I was around the corner to pick some up bro! :dude-knocking::passitleft::rofl:Awesome job.

Strong looking roots there. Super healthy and strong clones MH! :adore::bravo: If only I was around the corner to pick some up bro! :dude-knocking::passitleft::rofl:Awesome job.
Hey Thanks heaps legend. Ive been too busy to get online, I'll pop into your journal once ive finished all these posts for the week. Skywalker OG is just crazy man been so stoned last few days smoking my offcuts and trimmings. Too bad your on the other side of the world cuz. See if you can get a seed if you can wait the 10 weeks to harvest lol
:nomo::hookah:

Back to the Begining

Remember these from the first post?
(yep, the actual journal as promised)
IMG_20190523_060753.jpg

Well, Here they are transplanted during week 3 of veg into their DTW pro pots
IMG_20190615_223319.jpg

Which shall henceforth be named as:
Speed Walker
(or large veg tent) :
Week 4

A quick rundown of what they are again
2 C99 x Blueberry x fast
2 White Widow x fast
2 fast chilly
1 #skunk x fast
2 Skywalker OG

One more to be culled before setting them into the DIY, DTW setup ( which I'm still yet to build) with 8 plants all in total again.
Although I got sidetracked within the perpetual nature of the grow, we have come full circle back around to what i originally intended this journal for, the testing and experimenting of the new fast strains against the total domination of Skywalker OG.
I've had to keep them small and stunted due to space issue's, that's all been resolved now that Skywalker OG's been harvested ( And what a harvest it was)
:Rasta:
PH 5,8
EC 1.8
Under 3 random LED's (350w all up)
Hand Fed
Same Nutes as previous Mid veg posts.

A little nute burn on the C99, All plants given just PH water to resolve said overfeeding. Other than that, the transplant went well and all are doing ok. They should start to thrive again, now that they have space to move

So the sky walker is not one of the fast strains?
No, my friend. Skywalker is one of the strongest strains in the world though. Still in the top 5 after 10 years. Very hard to get seeds and considered one of the all-time greatest of the OG family but mine takes 9 weeks with a perfect environment, unlike the fast strains which can be done up to 6 weeks, although im going to try for 7. I wanted to keep Skywalker in there for a bit to see the comparisons between yields vs time to ascertain weather these new fast strains are actually worth the extra 2-3 weeks growing time, but we will have to see. I've grown heaps of early strains in the past like early pearl and early skunk for example and they have all performed very well.
Thanks for stopping by mate. Stay tuned
:thanks:

Skywalker OG yields, dry/cure and final thoughts

Total yield: 620grams (approx 200g per 1ft squared):p:rip:
(plus over 400 grams from moneymaker in the same 4x8 tent equalling over 1000 grams)
:blunt:

Total Space: 4x4 till week 7 then 4x8 till harvest
Total plants : 5 medium sized in 15ltr pots
Veg time : 5 weeks
Grow time : 9 weeks
Dry time : 4-5 days
IMG_20190616_065028.jpg

IMG_20190616_065046.jpg

The Dry:
A hard one to work with due to the smell, fumes and resin. Had to do all the work inside the tent with the carbon filter going full boar due to the smell plus face and eye masks due to the trics and stuff causing itchiness and sensitivity along with the usual gloves and long sleeves.
o_O:eek:
Mould could have very easily become an issue aswell, we kept the carbon filter and multiple fans going inside the tent to reduce the risk but still, the buds are slightly browner than I would have liked, not a bad thing but the humidity was hard to keep under 60% without smelling out the street.
IMG_20190616_041836.jpg

tt.jpg

tt2.jpg
IMG_20190616_041344.jpg
IMG_20190616_041344ghg.jpg

Final Thoughts, stone and summary
A very successful crop. The stone is crazy good. Couch lock but also creativity and some chattiness.
Yields performed better than expected and we have decided to keep a new, 3rd gen (cloned 3 times from seed) mother for future propagation.
Yep its a keeper:high-five:
Curing now for 2 weeks, so I'll report in with its proper stone. I suspect less chattiness and creativity and more couch lock body stone

We have decided to finally retire MoneyMaker, I think we will bury the mother sometime within the next few weeks. Give her a proper send-off.
21 gun salute
Full military band
The whole nine yards
:rip::p

Shoutout to @DET—PDX for the simple yet incredibly useful information on using a hand pump instead of a watering can. A much safer and easier option that replaces both bucket and feeder. Cheers legend

Even bigger Shoutout to @irie lion for the continued support throughout the journal for much-needed motivation.
Check out his multi strain journal busting at the edges to be harvested.
Cheers brother

Investing back into the grow

Spared no expense with the CMH.
Got a top of the line :

Hi-Par 315w controllable dimmable ballast
Hi-Par Sunstorm Horizontal reflector
IMG_20190617_053721.jpg

Supposedly its the best CMH combo on the market.

100 litre Pop up Flexi-Tank
Great way to save space and pack away when needed.
IMG_20190617_053537.jpg
IMG_20190617_053550.jpg

135w HLG dimmable 3000k Quantum board.
The smaller QB to go next to my mars hydro TS1000 and 266V2 QB
IMG_20190617_053826.jpg

Bulk Nutes
Monstabud - 25 litres
Canna PK 13/14 - 5 Litres
IMG_20190617_054359.jpg

Equipment Boards to replace any tables being used
IMG_20190617_053803.jpg

Plus all sorts of bits and pieces not worth mentioning. All up i burned through about a grand. Half of the MoneyMaker profits.
I plan on spending another grand from Skywalker on another CMH ballast, 2 globes and a couple hundred on bits and pieces like a new tent, ratchets, propagation stuff and some testers/meters.

Reduced power consumption by 70% while still maintaining HPS yields and increasing my grow space

Got my first glimpse at the power bill after having made the change away from HPS into QBs, LEDs and CMHs. Even though I made the change midway through the quarter, already I'm seeing incredible savings while still maintaining my old HPS yields for the last 4 weeks. have a look at the drop between May and June.

I'll reduce my consumption by half again for summer once I no longer need to heat the space with supplemental HPS.

A fun, inventive and useful DIY feeder ring system I built.

I was sick of the clunky shop feeders so I built a feeder system that allows for the plants to be rotated without having to remove the rings or feeders from the substrate.
IMG_20190617_053908.jpg

-Once or twice a week I go in, remove the feeder from the tap
(top left of image).
-Take the stopper off the other hose (right side of the picture).
-Turn the plant and put the stopper on the now open hose and then reconnect the tap. takes about 5 seconds to do for each plant and increases my yields by about 10%

Sky-Maker (Bloom Tent)
Skywalker OG x 4
MoneyMaker x 4

Bloom Day : 12

Surfing the sea of green

IMG_20190618_060141.jpg
IMG_20190618_060206.jpg

With transition coming to an end and the stretching phase almost complete ive started reducing the light stressing and silika. Moneymaker did a bit of stretching during the final stages of Veg due to my 600w MH globe being too old since im not going to use them anymore and it was a waste of money to buy new ones since im switching to CMH and QBs for veg and White LEDs for propagation.
IMG_20190618_060228.jpg
IMG_20190618_060633.jpg
IMG_20190618_060613.jpg

That’s a perfect SOG bro! It’s a full house in there! :headbanger::bravo:

That’s a perfect SOG bro! It’s a full house in there! :headbanger::bravo:
Thanks man. I'm pretty happy considering I don't use a scrog or tie down at all. Its gone be a mega yield. But will have to wait and see. I'd still be happy with another 1k g's. But I reckon the first of the fast strains will be ready a week or two after skywalker. So we could be in for 2k+ grams over 3 weeks

Major and Minor upgrades to Sky-Maker Bloom Tent

Upgrades to the tent with safety, energy consumption, cold weather accessibility and practicality all at the forefront as to make my life a little easier with such a large grow and only me at the helm.
(Me at the helm:eek:, now thats a scary thought....ARRRRR shiver me timbers):p

Let's Hope i don't steer us off course, or worse yet into a reef...er.:rip:
Actually a reefer would go down good right about now. thankfully i have 2 mixes going a Moneymaker and a Skywalker
:Rasta::blunt:
Super safe and convenient setup for my nutes, rez, pumps, air filters, controllers, environmental monitors and all my other crap.
IMG_20190617_053621.jpg

I just grabbed some cheap grates and cable ties from my local hardware store and did a DiY equipment board.
IMG_20190618_060735.jpg

It's not pretty but it's functional, safe, easy to put away and it keeps all my stuff for the rez in one handy place.

Roasting trays/cooling racks/cookie trays. They have many names but they all share the same usefulness and fark are they handy. Not only are they a much smaller and cheaper equipment board as shown below but they can be used for tons of things within the grow like putting under pots, heat mats, hanging fans, hanging heat mats and much more if your inventive and cheap like me.:cool:
IMG_20190618_060504.jpg

Of course, I can't leave out the most expensive parts,
HLG 266v2 QB

HLG 135 QB
Mars Hydro TS1000 @SmokeSara
IMG_20190618_060247.jpg

As you can see I also grabbed a proper equipment board for inside since these are rated against UVB/UVA, mites and have a lifetime warranty but they cost $50. Safety first since its got some heavy duty stuff attached to it.
IMG_20190617_053752.jpg

I've set up some sidebars to hang little mini fans that circulate air under my canopy to help with, well just about everything from mould to pests, disease and a hundred other environmental things.
IMG_20190618_060331.jpg

I'm keeping am intake going to also help with my environment, humidity and the chilly winter ahead.
IMG_20190618_060343.jpg

With the DTW all setup plus all this. I am officially done here until harvest, except for the small defoliate I do every few days which only takes a couple of minutes and the rotating of plants once a week, Sky-Maker is pretty much self-sufficient, economical and able to produce enough to suit our needs.
IMG_20190618_060403.jpg

Ducks all in order.
Rock on:tommy::theband::theband:

Speed-Walker veg tent

Start of veg week 5
IMG_20190619_030841.jpg

Heres all of the strains lined up with corresponding colours to identify them quickly.
IMG_20190619_031658.jpg

IMG_20190619_031725.jpg

IMG_20190619_031745.jpg
IMG_20190619_031754.jpg
IMG_20190619_031759.jpg

Nothing to see here, move along.
The general theme going on from my last few posts here is that the grow is running very smoothly. in fact im taking a me day cause I took 30 new cutting yesterday and I need some time off before building the new DTW setup for these girls. Off to the hardware store after my relax.
Has stranger things started yet?
Now thats the real question

Back
Top Bottom