Rex's Hydro Grow: Somango Auto & Super Skunk Auto: Drop In & Learn Or Help With Some Easy Hydroponics

I don't think i could do this sort of grow , i would think its one of the hardest to do ?
To be honest, I look at what you're doing, and it's at a totally different, higher level :adore:
All I'm doing is tossing some premade products into a big bucket of water that washes over the roots. Two readings to keep track of (PPM/EC & PH). Just by referencing a chart 7/10 times it tells me what's going on, and what to do. When you stumble in hydro, it tends to result in fast damage. But can be addressed quicker with a reservoir change out.

I fully bet you could do it and make it to harvest. Too may people are intimidated by hydro, but the easiest way to mess around cheaply with trying some nutes, is buy some Maxigrow (or something else) and grow lettuce Kratky style. All you need is nutes, net cup, medium for net cup and a mason jar (and seed obviously!). Tons of tube videos on it. I grew squash outside in big totes using kratky. Tended it maybe 3 or 4 times all summer and had some squash to enjoy.

Now what your doing, is taking those basic nutes and understanding complex microbial interactions and making brews that belong in a scientists lab. I'm slowly getting there and want to go organic hydro. (I'm just going to cheat just a wee bit)

I just got my bottle of Orca in.

20210125_142142.jpg

20210125_142204_001.jpg

Day 40
Flower Day 8
Cabinet temp: 21-32.4C avg
Cabinet RH%: 10-68%
Root zone temp Avg: 19.59C
Previous PPM: 379
Current PPM: 377
Adjusted PPM to: 392
PH: 6.0 (5.9 after top up)
Res temp: 21.5C
Water level: down ~4L

Girls seem to be doing great. Well the Somango is stealing the show. I'll be focusing mainly on her, the SuperSkunk is along for the ride, but the res will be balanced nute wise towards the Somango.

Tonight I mixed up a 4L jug of water that had 2.5g of MC in it with:

5ml of liquid koolbloom
10ml of Terpinator
A "drop" of black strap unsulfered molasses
20ML of Orca

I dumped 2L from the jug into the res for now.

SuperSkunk Auto
20210125_180559.jpg

Somango
20210125_180550.jpg

Hope everyone's having a great night!

Day 41
Flower Day 9
Cabinet temp: 21-32C avg
Cabinet RH%: 10-67%
Root zone temp Avg: 19.11C
Previous PPM: 392
Current PPM: 373
Adjusted PPM to: 394
PH: ? (6.01 after top up)
Res temp: 20.2C
Water level: down ~2L?

So originally I had planned to do a res change today. However, the plants are feeding and drinking properly again. So instead I dumped about 1L from the premixed top up batch made yesterday. Waiting an extra day or so should be fine. If not I'll do a late night res change (I wait for the little one to be asleep 1st).

Both plants are looking good and hungry, I think they'll take good to this bump, then next bump will over the 400 mark. I'll weigh out the MC, and dose based on 2.5g/gallon. Now that they're back on track, and a bit behind i suspect they'll have a huge growth spurt shortly.

I'll be adding back in a T5 light to use for photos to be rid of this yellowish photos, I apologize and thank you for sticking through them!
Hope everyone's having a great day and thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings!

SuperSkunk Auto
20210126_105619.jpg

Somango Auto
20210126_105703.jpg

2CAA8E7A0FC0_1611684146480.png

Girls are defiantly back on track. PPM dropped down to 387 indicating that they feeding. Water level down as well by about roughly 1L. PH is holding steady for now.
After taking the photos and right before closing the cabinet I decided to remove the leaves that had some damage on the SuperSkunk. This opened up some light that will see those leaves replenished quickly.

Somango Auto
20210126_180750.jpg

20210126_180759.jpg

SuperSkunk Auto
20210126_180904.jpg

20210126_181558.jpg

Happy weedsday Rex. Stay toked my friend.
I won't even tell you how long it took me to connect those dots:rofl:

I'll put a lil extra in my morning pipe thank you, and top it with some kief :meditate:

And a happy weedsday to you too kind sir!

Great job at getting them back on track! Dealing with issues can be tough, stressful for both plant and grower.

Kudos!

I'll be picking up some Orca for my reservoirs as well, as I really liked the results of Great White.

Nice turnaround... well done Rex! They're gonna want more MC soon too now that they are growing faster. Keep doing what you're doing and watch for signs! :thumb:
Thank you! I upped the top off amount to 3g a gallon today.
Great job at getting them back on track! Dealing with issues can be tough, stressful for both plant and grower.

Kudos!

I'll be picking up some Orca for my reservoirs as well, as I really liked the results of Great White.
Thanks this run it's been a welcome distraction from everything going on. Sadly this grow may get cut short due to unplanned activity at my house (thanks to my greedy landlord!!). The Mrs and I had a talk about it last night, and I've done everything I can to keep realtors out of the house till we vacate, however, the landlord wants realtors and contractors coming in. What a smart, considerate thing to do in the middle of a pandemic eh? Sad part is the law is on their side, and if I delay much more I've been advised I can be sued. I'd rather not loose my new house before we even get settled. :(

So I'll keep the journal alive and keep feeding them till I have no choice, more for the love of growing then the rewarding medicine. I've got 4 10 gallon buckets on the way from The Bucket Company (honestly, I'm excited to try their system, looks so neat and so many opportunities for different methods/mediums). Next journal will make up for the cutting short on this one, and will have a lofty harvest goal (if I can get a good LED light).

Day 43
Flower Day 12
Cabinet temp: 21-29C avg
Cabinet RH%: 10-67%
Root zone temp Avg: ~19.11C
Previous PPM: 394
Current PPM: 398
Adjusted PPM to:
PH: 6.4 (adjusted to 5.7)
Res temp: 18.6C
Water level: down ~8L!?!?!??

So they drank, they fed and they prayed. Girls had a great few days and I dare say is showing nice growth and are in a growth spurt. They're a bit droopy in the pics as it's almost lights out time.

Today they had the following:
8L of water with 6.2g of MC
5ml of liquid koolbloom
10ml of Terpinator
15ml of Orca

One of the airstones that I use to mix my 4l jugs showed the Orca bacteria loved their feeding. Least I hope that's what I'm seeing:hmmmm:. Either way the airstone was icky.

20210128_122025.jpg

SuperSkunk Auto
20210128_130247.jpg

20210128_124056.jpg

Somango Auto
20210128_124038.jpg

20210128_124033.jpg

It's funny cause I've used the liquid koolbloom with MC before in low amounts without a lockout. Really wish I had done a journal on that run. The molasses maybe?
I don't think molasses will be a problem. I've never used it, but have never heard of it before either.

Low amounts of MC with a bloom booster should be fine. If you've had no problems in the past then I would just keep on keeping on. If you see deficiencies with the plant that you don't understand then just keep that in the back of your mind when diagnosing.

Yeah I'm sure it's going to be fun cleaning that res out :rolleyes:

I think I'm just going to run with it and not change the res. I know I should, but if I'm going to shut this down and clip the plants I might as well give myself some fun challenges, I'll snip them when the time comes or if they wilt up. Might as well make the best of the situation and turn it into an experiment. Such a shame, that Somango is starting to look like she'd produce a few nice smokes, and it would have been nice to try, I think I have 1 seed left. I'll keep it till I'm able to do some reversals.

Plants actually took a decent feed again today (drop of 25 PPM).PH rose, it went from 5.7 to 6.0.
I'll post pics up later, phone is almost dead right now.

Sorry to hear about your situation @Rexer

On the bright side, you get to start over, and act on everything you learned this time around. I've had to pack up and dismantle my set up a few times. Each time i resurrect it, it gets better and more convenient for me. I wish you the same :Namaste:

Will those lids on the ebb & flow fit a five gallon bucket . Just mix up three gallons of nutrients and add an air stone , now ready for transport !

Will those lids on the ebb & flow fit a five gallon bucket . Just mix up three gallons of nutrients and add an air stone , now ready for transport !
Thanks that was my plan, but the Mrs asked that I abandon the plan, and current grow. It'll be a one grow loss, to keep smooth grows going for a long while. It's disheartening no doubt, but I'm so focused on the next grow already as I know it'll blow all my previous grows out of the water. April will be the next round, sounds far off but it'll pay off in the long run. I didn't even get to look at the girls today, but here's the pics from last night!

SuperSkunk
20210129_000711.jpg

20210128_194012.jpg

Somango Auto
20210128_193947.jpg

20210128_193935.jpg

Back
Top Bottom