Rhys777 First Attempt At A Journal And To Be Honest A Grow

@Dkmg01 flipping hell hope I'm that lucky, but I'll post a Pic of the little girl a bit later and you will see what I mean think something ain't right but shes only about 18 days out.

@Lerugged ive got a mooi spot outside I'm super keen to give a few beans a chance in the elements but I figured I missed this year's growing season. Will do it next season for sure

@Dkmg01 this is that dark devil auto girl I was talking about. I think she's a bit stuffed but I actually have no idea. First auto ever

IMG_20200201_203016.jpg
IMG_20200201_202954.jpg

Yeah super stoked to give it a go next season, probably plant around the end of autumn? I have no idea how it works. When the time comes you going to have to give me a helping hand there if you don't mind

I use the greatest light around. Always reliable always on time. I grow outdoors for the most part and ithen live near parliament so don't usually get. Now they are done for the year we are getting . Super kak

Truly can't beat nature.

I was looking at getting myself the tsw 3000 myself but prices here are rather steep so decided for the first grow rather go with a step down and upgrade when needed. 2000 Will always come in handy.

My outside temp range around 35c to 45c at the moment so keeping things cool in the tent really was a bit hectic.
Aircon arrived yesterday and since then everything is where it should be.

My RH sits around 55 to 65% which I'm hoping will be fine

I looked into Mars beginning of 2019 but there was no rep in sa that I could find and the Mars that were in sa didn't suit my pocket so at the time I was following a few folk that were growing with quantum boards so I decided to look into them and I stumbled upon growopz.co.za which is locally based in Capetown so I went with them.

Shit bro nest of green mambas, I would have shat myself, not much of a fan of snakes although being an animal lover I don't kill them but catch and release.

Great to have you read through the journal man, appreciate it :circle-of-love:

If you see anything I'm doing wrong I'm always open to some advice.

The only thing I honestly like about snakes is the distance I can put between me and them...haha, I'm scared of them to be honest and had to kill a cpl on the farm but prefer not to see them at all.

Yeah super stoked to give it a go next season, probably plant around the end of autumn? I have no idea how it works. When the time comes you going to have to give me a helping hand there if you don't mind

Morning mr.77 it's nice to meet another Saffa on here although I think I've seen you around before, I like your 2.4 by 2.4 it's just so much sexier than a 2.4 by 1.2 tent....hahaha, choices choices enough to reduce a grown man to tears I believe..

I decided as I'm sure many folk here at home did planted beginning of September last year but all my plants started flowering mid November so I actually messed up as they all revegged and how to go through a full hormone change and only started growing normally as a vegging plant should 3rd week of December so if you do venture outside and grow some ladies I'd only drop seeds end of October early November to be honest and you will end up with some very sexy ladies.

But if you want some cheeky outdoor smoke then I'd definately go with mr.Ruggeds advice and drop some seeds as they will still grow to a decent size ( waist high ) under the 12/12 daylight dependent on if they are in pots or mother natures earth and it will give you the advantage of getting your ducks in a row for this coming summer..

Now Dark Devil makes me go weak at the knees whenever I see pics of her no matter who the grower is, just a damn sexy strain hands down, I was kindly gifted some seeds from another grower mr. @dynamo1 which I've been keeping for a special grow... :thanks: as I'd like to do them indoors as our Summers get to hot for autos outdoors found they do better in winter outdoors but then I'm supplementing the 18/6 with light indoors.

If you find you enjoy the dark devil check out our local banks and look for black cream auto it's also from sweet seeds and also part of the red family that gives them their unique dark color and attributes, the dark cream leaves and flowers start off green but then turn plum black, ticks all the boxes in the look and smell department and a very pleasant smoke.

Nice to meet ya and have a blessed weekend brother....

Just on that reveg note...
If you time it just right and they don't go too far into flower the reveg is quicker and you can double and sometimes tripple your tops. Still a lot of cleaning to do which is painful but worth it imo. Time it wrong and it's a mess. I've got a couple that I timed perfectly and a few I didn't. I'm a big fan of the fat stalks and branches you Get from the first flower and stretch. Then the second time around gets even thicker to get the food to them big buds.
Oh and did I mention the insane roots?

Truly can't beat nature.

I looked into Mars beginning of 2019 but there was no rep in sa that I could find and the Mars that were in sa didn't suit my pocket so at the time I was following a few folk that were growing with quantum boards so I decided to look into them and I stumbled upon growopz.co.za which is locally based in Capetown so I went with them.

The only thing I honestly like about snakes is the distance I can put between me and them...haha, I'm scared of them to be honest and had to kill a cpl on the farm but prefer not to see them at all.

Morning mr.77 it's nice to meet another Saffa on here although I think I've seen you around before, I like your 2.4 by 2.4 it's just so much sexier than a 2.4 by 1.2 tent....hahaha, choices choices enough to reduce a grown man to tears I believe..

I decided as I'm sure many folk here at home did planted beginning of September last year but all my plants started flowering mid November so I actually messed up as they all revegged and how to go through a full hormone change and only started growing normally as a vegging plant should 3rd week of December so if you do venture outside and grow some ladies I'd only drop seeds end of October early November to be honest and you will end up with some very sexy ladies.

But if you want some cheeky outdoor smoke then I'd definately go with mr.Ruggeds advice and drop some seeds as they will still grow to a decent size ( waist high ) under the 12/12 daylight dependent on if they are in pots or mother natures earth and it will give you the advantage of getting your ducks in a row for this coming summer..

Now Dark Devil makes me go weak at the knees whenever I see pics of her no matter who the grower is, just a damn sexy strain hands down, I was kindly gifted some seeds from another grower mr. @dynamo1 which I've been keeping for a special grow... :thanks: as I'd like to do them indoors as our Summers get to hot for autos outdoors found they do better in winter outdoors but then I'm supplementing the 18/6 with light indoors.

If you find you enjoy the dark devil check out our local banks and look for black cream auto it's also from sweet seeds and also part of the red family that gives them their unique dark color and attributes, the dark cream leaves and flowers start off green but then turn plum black, ticks all the boxes in the look and smell department and a very pleasant smoke.

Nice to meet ya and have a blessed weekend brother....

Just on that reveg note...
If you time it just right and they don't go too far into flower the reveg is quicker and you can double and sometimes tripple your tops. Still a lot of cleaning to do which is painful but worth it imo. Time it wrong and it's a mess. I've got a couple that I timed perfectly and a few I didn't. I'm a big fan of the fat stalks and branches you Get from the first flower and stretch. Then the second time around gets even thicker to get the food to them big buds.
Oh and did I mention the insane roots?

Totally agree with you brother it's all about the timing, some of mine flowered longer so only a smaller bush but it's well worth it in the long run more tops for Africa....haha

@Smeegol thanks for stopping by man, good to have the saffas popping in to have a chat.

Yeah I went with the Mars after reading all the good things here about them, kind of wish we had the budgetled available around here, those look absolutely amazing.... Or you reckon the local okes are on par with these? Always stoked to support local and in desperate need of some new lights at the moment.

That dark devil, you reckon its normal to start doing what it's doing or have a stuffed something up? Don't really have much of an idea when it comes to autos....

If I had some seed that I didn't order from seedsman etc I would definitely be chucking some in some pots and letting them grow out for the next few months but at almost 200 bucks a pop feels a rad expensive... But who knows when I get back home I may just do that...

Anyway again man thanks for popping by.... Appreciate any feedback you got for me at anytime during my grow if you happen to stop by

Morning mr.77 I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to autos, as my first auto didn't get higher than 30cm and my second one was a beauty and ever since then it's game on.....haha, the last auto I did was 30cm so fingers crossed on the next one...

Final container is only container as rule of thumb goes as transplanting them can be very finicky as you might stunt them, but good news is they do most of their growing once pistils have shown so you might end up with a decent sized plant but alas it is touch and go with them.

Morning @Smeegol, autos do sound to be a tricky thing to get into but all I'm happy about is she's looking rather healthy and now I have some hope she may grow up to be a beautiful lady in a few weeks.

Have a good day and keep cool my friend, the heat is hectic

Farm outside Queenstown in the eastern cape, yourself?

I'm down in ladysmith kzn, can almost touch the Drakensberg if my arms were long enough....haha
Want to get a spot of baking done today as haven't done any edibles in a while but the recipe calls for cream cheese and there's a checkers bout 2km down the road and walking is good for the soul and a case of sunburn too....:passitleft:what farming are you doing...? Bought a farm with my dad and younger brother cpl years back after moving back from the uk and started delving into the local chicken market but had to stop working due to a bad back last 6 years and my brother and his family moved back to the uk last year after giving the farm his best, got a mate of mine whoseliving there and looking after the place whose got into growing last year and is enjoying it so thinking of sending some clones his way for the vegetable garden....

I'm down in ladysmith kzn, can almost touch the Drakensberg if my arms were long enough....haha
Want to get a spot of baking done today as haven't done any edibles in a while but the recipe calls for cream cheese and there's a checkers bout 2km down the road and walking is good for the soul and a case of sunburn too....:passitleft:what farming are you doing...? Bought a farm with my dad and younger brother cpl years back after moving back from the uk and started delving into the local chicken market but had to stop working due to a bad back last 6 years and my brother and his family moved back to the uk last year after giving the farm his best, got a mate of mine whoseliving there and looking after the place whose got into growing last year and is enjoying it so thinking of sending some clones his way for the vegetable garden....

Kzn... The only place in this country that I actually haven't made an effort to explore and to be honest I couldn't tell you why.

Edibles mmm yumm that's something I'm very keen to get into, the ones I'm keen on trying to make is those little gummy bears. Ever since I saw them I've been itching to give that a shot.

Yeah bought a farm with My old man as well and it's actually just a hobby, we run a couple hundred cows, some sheep, goats and couple different species of game. ( fully game fenced) but the farm isn't that big at just under 500ha.

Haha that's one hell of a lucky mate getting a couple of clones for a veggie garden.

What's the chances you know of a reasonable seed bank around to get a couple of cheap ish seeds to chuck into some pots for a little outdoor grow to finish the season?

Kzn... The only place in this country that I actually haven't made an effort to explore and to be honest I couldn't tell you why.

Edibles mmm yumm that's something I'm very keen to get into, the ones I'm keen on trying to make is those little gummy bears. Ever since I saw them I've been itching to give that a shot.

Yeah bought a farm with My old man as well and it's actually just a hobby, we run a couple hundred cows, some sheep, goats and couple different species of game. ( fully game fenced) but the farm isn't that big at just under 500ha.

Haha that's one hell of a lucky mate getting a couple of clones for a veggie garden.

What's the chances you know of a reasonable seed bank around to get a couple of cheap ish seeds to chuck into some pots for a little outdoor grow to finish the season?

All depends on your pocket brother, sangomaseeds.co.za is the most reasonably priced that I've seen, I can offer you some regular auto and photo seeds save ya on the pocket...

white widow X Cali o X white rhino X super lemon haze
( a mixed sativa hybrid, super fruity terps and smells and stunning colors come harvest ) these were from a missed male in a friends grow 2 summers ago.

C99xBlueberry X LuckyStar

The C99xBlueberry is from the comparison grow that I took part in on here last year and the LuckyStar is a banana smelling strain from a local guy called Amadeadly which was an accidental cross I made as I was trying to make regular LuckyStars but my clones never made it in that horrible heatwave end of last year, and solid indica.

KushVonStitch X Kush autos

VonStitch is the male in this cross, I got really irritated after buying my 1st pack of fem autos 2018 and them not growing properly/also I didn't know much about growing back then so I ordered some regular autos last year and made my own auto seeds to basically practice growing autos whenever I want.
Very nice hardy auto, dense flowers and almost but not quite oozes on the sprkly bits....haha, autos do really well indoors and not so much outdoors so would be nice to have an auto that can withstand our summers..

If you do want to purchase rather then have a look at sangomaseeds brother, I've been eyeing the chempie from ripper seeds over there. And I see biltong and buds has just uploaded their stock with new arrivals....:passitleft:

@Smeegol yus if you one of those lucky okes with some spare seeds you looking to get rid of drop me a pm with what you asking for them and Ill be more than happy to take a few off your hands... I used biltong and budz once and their delivery service took about 2 weeks compared to the usual three days from other okes... I'm a bit impatient haha.

Drop me a pm

So today I got a bit frustrated...

The girls don't seem to be going anywhere. Things seem to be standing still at the moment.. So went in and did a defol on everyone except the one girl who looks to be a tad sick, and then gave them a good feeding

Feed
10ml vermipure/l
Quarter tspoon calmag per 3l
4ml Biobizz bio grow per 1l

Not sure if the defol was the right thing to do but anyway it's done now haha just couldn't stop myself. There were to many small growths that seemed like they would never make it anywhere

Here some pics
IMG_20200204_200544.jpg
IMG_20200204_200541.jpg
IMG_20200204_195512.jpg
IMG_20200204_195451.jpg
IMG_20200204_195405.jpg

And then the veg tent all together
IMG_20200204_203139.jpg

Which will probably become the flower tent and I'll move the little girls into a smaller veg area soon.

This girls are just under 10 weeks since sprout, should I flip the lights? Or push through and get some bulk?

Well now flipping them depends if you have enough flower to prolong veg I reckon.. :laugh: I came upshort by about 2-3 months this year so here comes a cpl tolerance breaks until harvest time. Been helping a matey or 2 grow this season as they quite enjoyed the fruits out my garden last year so at least I can call on them later on in the season if their fingers prove green..:popcorn:

I'll snap a pic of the c99blue X LuckyStar as they'll be 14days from seed tomorrow, had them under 50w leds and got a bit hot but they happy now. Both the flowers from the respective parents was really enjoyable notably the LuckyStar with its banana terps and wicked smell from across the room.

@Smeegol if that's how we going to judge wether to flip or not then I better get flipping :yummy:

I'm just worried the yield may be extremely small given the current size of the plant being my first grow.

Yeah snap a Pic or two that will be awesome to see. What's the average you like to veg a plant for?

Back
Top Bottom