Rhys777 First Attempt At A Journal And To Be Honest A Grow

Bumped into this oke wondering around my tent today, got quite a fright, big ass cape cobra
IMG_20200127_160749.jpg
IMG_20200127_160746.jpg
IMG_20200127_160737.jpg
Are you crazy? Nope.

Are you crazy? Nope.

Haha one of the things we have to put up with living on farms around here with the drought we going through. 4th one in about a month

Today is just a simple photo, just popped my head in to make sure things havnt gone pear shaped in the tent.

Pains a bit hectic to do much at the moment but I have come to the realization that I definitely need more light.
IMG_20200131_182447.jpg
IMG_20200131_182444.jpg

Haha one of the things we have to put up with living on farms around here with the drought we going through. 4th one in about a month
We have many poisonous rattle snakes where I live. I’m not interested in catching them with a stick.

Day 59 since breaking soil.

GGg#4

1st girl
IMG_20200201_175231.jpg

This girl was was topped tied down at all the limbs and defoliated all lower growths and she has boomed since that was done. Coming on very nicely.

2nd girl
IMG_20200201_175234.jpg

This girl went through the same procedure as the first one except for the fact that I never cut off the lower growths and she has not filled out as nicely as the other. So I think I have learnt from that that it is good practice to cut off the growths that won't be getting as much light and may not amount to anything

3rd girl
IMG_20200201_175454.jpg
she's an interesting one.... I lst'd her by just bending the stem and tying her to the side of the pot to give the lower growth on the better looking side some light. And boy did she take off to the sky's. She got real tall compared to the others real quick... And then came along a serious issue where it looked like her leaves starting eating themselves. I diagnosed this reading through the site as a bit of a calmag issue so I upped her dose of calmag and she seems to be coming on pretty good now. All new growth is looking good. I removed all the leaves that were looking sick.

4th and 5th girl
IMG_20200201_175342.jpg
IMG_20200201_175337.jpg

These two were the simplest, I topped them, tied the branches down and after a week or so I topped them again and they are doing pretty good.

Recap

After these girls had a near death axperoence of being overwatered completely and having little bugs try and destroy roots I think I have got them to a half decent state. I'm pretty sure growth has been stunted quite a bit and they are not nearly where they should be but atleast they have come this far and are still alive.... And now we have loadshedding to contend with... Aaah the life of a saffa....

on the other hand my two test dummies are doing pretty good and I'm quite happy with their growth over the past few days

RQS - royal highness

IMG_20200201_175843.jpg
IMG_20200201_175840.jpg
unknown - afghani roadkill
IMG_20200201_175725.jpg
IMG_20200201_175721.jpg

Ramblings done... Hope you enjoyed that post. Haha

Wow you have a fantastic setup and a beautiful farm. Moerse snake. When I live just outside PE we had mambas and puff adders. I remember seeing the biggest puff adder of my life and he pushed my foot when I was walking through the horse paddock. We once had a nest of green mambas in the outside rooms roof...

You have beautiful plants brother and I'm super happy to see another south African. Glad to see seagro doing some justice!

Shit bro nest of green mambas, I would have shat myself, not much of a fan of snakes although being an animal lover I don't kill them but catch and release.

Great to have you read through the journal man, appreciate it :circle-of-love:

If you see anything I'm doing wrong I'm always open to some advice.

Shit bro nest of green mambas, I would have shat myself, not much of a fan of snakes although being an animal lover I don't kill them but catch and release.

Great to have you read through the journal man, appreciate it :circle-of-love:

If you see anything I'm doing wrong I'm always open to some advice.
It was just mostly small ones.. We had 3 incidents with a black mamba. One of which almost attacked my mother. The gardener came and killed it cause it was getting ready to strike my mom.

I caught a small one but my God I will never do that again.

Your journal is really good. And I like how open you are to advice like me haha! Ever though of growing hydro? You have loads of space and should give it a try one day when you ready. Further your plants are beauty's!

Thanks @Dkmg01 , appreciate the good vibes :cool: yus bro I would have also killed it in a situation like that...

I most definitely have considered going with a hydro grow but I know absolutely nothing about anything at this moment so once I have completed this grow I will explore some more options.

I try get as much knowledge from the more experienced folk as everything here is very expensive and I would hate my efforts to be fruitless... Would really like some decent product for myself at the end of the day :ganjamon:

Reading through as many journals here as possible to learn what I can.

Thanks @Dkmg01 , appreciate the good vibes :cool: yus bro I would have also killed it in a situation like that...

I most definitely have considered going with a hydro grow but I know absolutely nothing about anything at this moment so once I have completed this grow I will explore some more options.

I try get as much knowledge from the more experienced folk as everything here is very expensive and I would hate my efforts to be fruitless... Would really like some decent product for myself at the end of the day :ganjamon:

Reading through as many journals here as possible to learn what I can.
I myself am looking for a DWC journal I can follow. Well you can always follow mine and watch how a mess up :laugh:

I myself am looking for a DWC journal I can follow. Well you can always follow mine and watch how a mess up :laugh:

Already following yours, it's really informative and I'm digging it. Nervous of loadshedding with pumps etc so will see how things go and jump on the bandwagon next grow

Already following yours, it's really informative and I'm digging it. Nervous of loadshedding with pumps etc so will see how things go and jump on the bandwagon next grow
I will face it head on haha water hold the oxygen for a while so it's not. Immediate issues with the pump. It's more light for the photos... And the autos need all the light they can get...

I will face it head on haha water hold the oxygen for a while so it's not. Immediate issues with the pump. It's more light for the photos... And the autos need all the light they can get...

Haha I'm very keen to see how they go man, at the moment they looking great, I'm keen to see how much growth you get in that dwc compared to the coco perlite you got going. Will be very interesting. I have one auto going at the moment, little dark devil and I'm keen to see how she goes...

Although I think I already clocked something up as theres pistols and she's still a baby... Oh well hope it still stretches a bit though. Was a freebie so though I would pop her and see what happens

Oh snap OK well let her do her thing. I remember when I was done training P#6. She was so small and boom 1 metre of growth just like that!

Back
Top Bottom