Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

It's been mid 90s here for the last few weeks. So glad I'm not growing. Can't keep the house below 80 during the day with the a/c running non-stop. Add lights and I'd have to get a motel room to sleep. :laugh:

Speaking of SSDC, now you've got me wanting to grow some more of them to prove the genetics again. I've heard that they are giving people a fit trying to grow nice ones. :hmmmm:

Hell... I got my bloom and veg areas so chilly I might have to go sleep with the plants!

It should be noted... despite my trying crazy things that didn't have any chance of working, I smoked the tiny buds and they were mighty fine.

Hey y'all. :ciao: It's been a harsh Summer devoid of fun, and too much ill wind to mention. :( After days of empty thoughts and zero ambition a change had to happen. So the grow room got a make over. :)

Talk about therapeutic ! I feel better, but now I am worrying. I cut my garden down to the single 4x4 tent running four buckets under 250w of COBs from cob shop dot net.(hopefully a 420 sponsor soon) Oh yeah, and a couple dozen small containers I'm going to use to attempt soil growing again. :rolleyes: If I don't feel like I produce enough this coming season, look forward to 2019 being a 12 month season and the 5x10 coming out of retirement. :eek:

Stay tuned, and stay cool. Peace y'all. :peace:

For the strangest of reasons I'm simply unable to find, I can't crack seeds in the summer time.

I assume you're smarter than I am, at least in practical terms - and, therefore, keep your seeds in a cool place. But if you do not, try sticking a few into the refrigerator (or a friend's, if yours is like mine, lol) for a couple of weeks prior to the germination attempt.

I smoked the tiny buds and they were mighty fine.

I'm glad to read that the genetics are fine. I actually have some of this strain, myself, and it looks like they're (among others) next in line to fall out of the ol' gumball machine. Now... where did I last see that quarter, lol?

4x4 tent running four buckets under 250w of COBs

That's like ~15½ watts per square foot. Strictly for auto-flowering strains?

Yes @TorturedSoul. I'll be repeating some of my Sweet Seeds and Royal Queen Seeds genetics from previous grows. 3500k COBs. Shouldn't be any problem hitting the 2g per w, or better, in about 90 days sprout to chop, rinse, repeat. :cool:

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you, what's the largest reservoir you've ever grown an auto-flowering plant in? And do you remember the yield from it?

That's pretty doggone respectable from five gallons. Did the roots fill(+/-) the bucket? If so, might the plant have ended up larger with a larger reservoir? If not... in theory, it's still possible that a larger reservoir might have enabled a larger plant/harvest, due to the ability to hold just a little bit more DO. IDK. (And I did type "in theory" ;) .

That's pretty doggone respectable from five gallons. Did the roots fill(+/-) the bucket? If so, might the plant have ended up larger with a larger reservoir? If not... in theory, it's still possible that a larger reservoir might have enabled a larger plant/harvest, due to the ability to hold just a little bit more DO. IDK. (And I did type "in theory" ;) .

As I remember I was wishing the bucket was 7gal tall. The bottom was mega stuffed with roots and totally encompassing the air inlet. I don't feel it would have been any larger, I'm thinking it was around 40", but the buds were huge. Like wearing a solo cup for a hat huge. There are photos somewhere in my uploaded pics here. Try a search with my name and sweet tooth auto and you may find them.

I'll check them out (and be impressed:thumb: ) .

I guess I'm wondering about the "theoretical maximum" size/yield kind of thing with autos in DWC. I know that it'll be less than what I'm used to (in DWC) due to the short vegetative time even if I manipulate that as much as I can (seems like there's some variability, in general, when one plays with things such as nitrogen ratio).

If I ran an auto in DWC - and it won't be in the upcoming grow, because that'll be mostly little green hempies - I want to do what I can to ensure that my limiting factor is the amount of light-energy I'm able to supply, not nutrition, reservoir size, et cetera. A person ought to be able to control those things, yeah?

Hey RM, good to see you around again. Year round Roost happenings... That would be something.
Funny you mention trying soil... I have some Roost Special DDs and SSDC into or going into soil for an outside try. 2 dd's and 2ssdc's to be exact... 3 out of 4 cracked and grew tails in 2 days... Just waiting for the last dd to show me something.

Hey RM, good to see you around again. Year round Roost happenings... That would be something.
Funny you mention trying soil... I have some Roost Special DDs and SSDC into or going into soil for an outside try. 2 dd's and 2ssdc's to be exact... 3 out of 4 cracked and grew tails in 2 days... Just waiting for the last dd to show me something.

Glad to hear they are vigorous sprouters. :high-five: I've read where others complained their's wouldn't crack but I'm batting ~97% on both strains. Pretty good for 2yr old beans. :rofl:

But if you do not, try sticking a few into the refrigerator (or a friend's, if yours is like mine, lol) for a couple of weeks prior to the germination attempt.

Been meaning to try that... I've got some stored in there.
I've found that the vent tube feeding AC into my veg tent seems to be a really good spot for sprouting the babies.
It's super hard to find a constantly cool spot in my hot ass world, but the AC runs 24/7 and floats around the lower 70s.

It has begun. :oops: Four beans down to germ, Mephisto Sour Cracks. Bigger surprise ? ? Yes there is... it's a soil grow. :hmmmm: Due to being gimped up a bit I'm unable to lift the buckets of water until after the first of the year so I'll be using ProMix HP and felt bags under five of the 3500k AutoCobs.

Fingers crossed for photos of sprouts by this time next week. :Namaste:

Good luck. Are you setting them in saucers to be unmoved Lucas?

Back
Top Bottom