Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

My SSDC looks hungry.

I hate when I know I planted a seed, and it just vanishes. I blame Gremlins, that's all I got.

A pound ?:eek: Hehehe, I've been there.

I'm going to try to sneak a grow in between too hot and frozen. If I'm able to run the lighting I'm planning (hoping) to, I'll be aiming for 14½ ounces. I'll be happy with 11¾ oz., and won't complain if I get 8 oz. I... hope to harvest about what my eventual expenses could have bought ;) .

DDA and SSDC will make appearances - I hope you will, too. It'll be an auto-flowering grow, although a photoperiodic seed or two might get started post-midstream, depending on room. Er... I'm not exactly hoping to have room :p.

Easily with four plants, only once with a single plant inside... so far. :D I'm not counting on anything from this grow. Three gallon containers, I'm a soil novice, and the Sour Crack is a medium sized plant in dwc

I'll be growing a fair few plants, lazy gardener style. The plan is to use the LED panel that is my avatar image and a small HPS, with less than that initially. Depends on how much I need to cool or heat, I suppose.

the goal for the rest if the year is to just pull into the harbor with *some* amount of bud. Any amount actually. :rofl: Low expectations never disappoint. :Namaste:

Lol, yeah. If my friends/family and I are smoking a bud or two at some point after harvest, I'll be ahead of where I am now.

Speaking of SSDC, I think I've confused things. I was thinking this was an SSDC, but it totally has the look of DDA. I think I mixed things up in my head.

Thoughts?

Is that dark meat already showing under the pistil clusters ? If so I'd guess DDA. My experience with the SSDC is they don't get any color until right before finishing.

Edit: Someone grew a SSDC with some extremely cool temps and coaxed quite a bit of dark out of them, but I don't remember who right now. @SweetSue might have better recall, I believe there was a connection of journals where I saw this.

Is that dark meat already showing under the pistil clusters ? If so I'd guess DDA. My experience with the SSDC is they don't get any color until right before finishing.

Edit: Someone grew a SSDC with some extremely cool temps and coaxed quite a bit of dark out of them, but I don't remember who right now. @SweetSue might have better recall, I believe there was a connection of journals where I saw this.

Yes... I remember the SSDC's reddening habits now... it's been at least a year.

I got better shots, but yeah.... DDA.

Yes... I remember the SSDC's reddening habits now... it's been at least a year.

I got better shots, but yeah.... DDA.

Oh yeah, that's DDA for sure. :thumb:

Here she is close up. It isn't my best camera work but i am pretty sure the bald spots on the bud where the calyxes are swollen are where my pollen did it's dirty work.

I hope you knocked her up real good. :D
:passitleft:

Here we go, Day 1 of the 2018 Fall grow. The back left(#1) is a Mephisto Sour Crack, the other three(#2-4) are Sweet & Sour Devil's Crack. Go ahead and get a betting pool going on when the first and last die on me (read as, when I kill them). :rofl::rofl:

Edit: yer gonna have to look close, they're tiny. lmao

Cool. Put me down for "when you harvest it" ;)

I wish i would've taken pics of the two DDAs i just "harvested". I stuck the seeds in some super soil i made for my outdoor garden, stuck em on the back porch and let nature take its course. I went out there on sunday and there they were... In all their 6in glory. Each with a tiny little budlet at the top. They were pretty at least. Lol. I will grow a damn dda to succesful completion.

Ouch, lol. So not all that super, then?

Naw, if I can't sit there and watch a 30-second commercial, then I'm not even going to try to watch a half-hour one. Besides, I once heard that "as seen on TV" is Swahili for "you really don't want to buy this crap."

Cool. Put me down for "when you harvest it" ;)

Feeling optimistic huh ? :D

I wish i would've taken pics of the two DDAs i just "harvested". I stuck the seeds in some super soil i made for my outdoor garden, stuck em on the back porch and let nature take its course. I went out there on sunday and there they were... In all their 6in glory. Each with a tiny little budlet at the top. They were pretty at least. Lol. I will grow a damn dda to succesful completion.

Lol TS! The soil works great for my other plants. Not certain what stunted them. Peobably the fact that i just "popeil'd" them... Remember the old 2am infomercial? "Set it and forget it!"

Don't feel so bad @Lazarus13 I've had the same result from 1-2qt hempys and dda, and once even in a dwc bucket. Any small hiccup when they are young and it's a tough uphill climb to recover. :(

My SSDC 40oz aquarium gravel hempy. I believe the roots were hit with rot early on as a result of a recycled coco/perl/verm cap and not using h2o2 from the begining. I think i will get an okay yield for the pot size. Not a monster by any means but boy does she smell amazing.

:yummy:

Feeling optimistic huh ? :D

It's easy for me to do so... where other people are concerned. Besides, from looking at your journal, the odds favor my choice.

Back
Top Bottom