Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

My fan gave out and yet my filter is still working. I put that away for a rainy day, definition of wisdom and all...

I recently spent the money on QBs. I feel it was a solid investment.

I’ll leave this here. DDA

:passitleft:

I got extra big ones thinking they might last longer.

Should hold true. It'll help if you have "air-cooled" HID reflectors, and can set them up on a separate (no filter) ventilation/fan run.

Geez.....wish I had someone to leave that tent with. That sucker is heavy!

Really wishing you'd mentioned that when R. and I were there, lol.

Don't worry... there's about to be a lot of carbon filters in your world.
I'd been wondering how long they might last. I got extra big ones thinking they might last longer.

Weigh them before using, and write the weight on the end. When you don't think it's working anymore weigh it again. You'll be surprised at the difference.

I don't know much.. but here is what I got for you.
I have 2x qb288's . What that means is that each printed circuit board (i think they are 11" x 8") has 288 mid power diodes. Each PCB is mounted to a heat sink. Mine are run with a 240watt dimmable driver. I guess the idea is to spread high quality light evenly over the entire grow space. I am using 240 watts for 10 square feet with great results. They get warm running full blast but cfls run much hotter. On hot days I can sort of control temps by dimming them.

I only run one extraction fan so my entire grow is powered by 300watts. Electric bill looks great

Weigh them before using, and write the weight on the end. When you don't think it's working anymore weigh it again. You'll be surprised at the difference.

Friggin brilliant... as always.... thank you!

Since I'm too lazy to research...:rolleyes: how about a quick tutorial on QBs ? :bongrip:

GGG's words seem spot on... no need for repetition.
I'll take a moment to point out other bonuses. You can run the heat producing drivers outside the grow area super-easily. The light producing panels run really cool, some folks don't even use heat sinks on the backs of them. The light hits plants from many more angles helping in bud density and light penetration. In my world, I've made a ceiling of light.

Thanks y'all. So basically a remotely powered panel of COB led's that can also be dimmed ? I wonder how 4x4 panels lining the tent walls would work......:hmmmm: :high-five:

Yikes, just hang a 600-watt HPS vertically in the middle of the tent, with a 250-watt MH above that. Especially on an 18:6 auto-flower schedule, that'd be good to go for all the bud you can fit in a 4'x4', I expect. Optionally, use two 400-watt HIDs in whatever combination you personally prefer.

Thanks y'all. So basically a remotely powered panel of COB led's that can also be dimmed ? I wonder how 4x4 panels lining the tent walls would work......:hmmmm: :high-five:

Not really cobs... individual diodes spread evenly across the substrate backing all producing exactly the same light.
I think they consume about 1w each diode. Mine have 788 diodes spread across 2 3'x8in panels and a 720w top end.
The end result is a really even application.

Not really cobs... individual diodes spread evenly across the substrate backing all producing exactly the same light.
I think they consume about 1w each diode. Mine have 788 diodes spread across 2 3'x8in panels and a 720w top end.
The end result is a really even application.

I can't wait to see it. :passitleft:

Just wanted to drop in and show off my apparently successful pollination of SSDC. There was no guarantee that my pollen was still good when I qtipped it on a few young flowers.

Found a couple odd looking calyxes this morning, boom... and there are a few more that I can see

Lucas, you’ve been on my mind all day. Wanted to leave this here

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Just wanted to drop in and show off my apparently successful pollination of SSDC. There was no guarantee that my pollen was still good when I qtipped it on a few young flowers.

Found a couple odd looking calyxes this morning, boom... and there are a few more that I can see

:bravo::welldone: I love it when I see genetics preserved. Hope you get some massive F1 vigorous growth.

Back
Top Bottom