Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

Any body remember the Northern Cheese Haze pollen donor ? She is in the 70-75 day range. The reversed branch was cut off a week or so ago and given a healthy shake over the rest of the garden. I'm keeping her as alive as I can, waiting to seed a mature seed or two popping from her. When that day comes she will be chopped. It's killing me to wait. :nervous-guy:She isn't large but the buds are rock hard and I've never had a cheese before. The photo below was taken Jan 22nd. Maybe I need to grab a new one tomorrow. :idea:

You have certainly expanded my horizons. I find myself wondering how big one of my sativas could get.... probably too big for my britches, lol

Top, train, and put into flower early or suffer the curse of Lack of Headroom. :laughtwo:

Little surprised today. 4A got a water change yesterday, yet didn't need any top off water today, only down 1/2 quart. I bumped her up from 30 to 36ml m,g,b but that shouldn't have shut her down. I expect her to go another six weeks so she should be drinking heavy for another week at least. After that i would expect her to slow down consumption some. If she doesn't need a big drink tomorrow I'll check ppm and see what's going on. :hmmmm:

It looks like these two girls are going to get water changes tomorrow. BT is only making it four days in between water changes, but she is huge... bigly huge...the biggest. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Sorry, couldn't help that. She is over 36" wide now. o_O. No, I'm not complaining.

SS + 2.5qts = 14qts
BT + 4qts = 13qts

DC didn't need any water, and NCH (soil, day 74) got a 1/2 gallon yesterday. I did say I'd get a photo of NCH today didn't i ? Well here ya go. Holler at y'all later. :ciao:

Looking good! Hope you get a good lot of seeds there

Thanks Dutchman. I hope to get something at least. :p

Ya know... ya double your headroom and the problem remains.... exactly as frequently and exactly as often.
I'm starting to think it has less to do with the ceiling and more to do with the grower.

There has to be a mathematical formula for figuring headroom. Perfect Headroom PH = Actual Headroom AH + X. Where X is AH +1.

Or something. IDK, math wasn't quite my thing. Maybe AOC can help me with it. :rofl:

This is like that formula for calculating the possibilities of life in the universe.
Tead's version....
AH-Actual Headroom
PH-PerfectHeadroom
TB-The number of Tead's Bowls absorbed by the grower.

PH=AH x TB

Getting high and finding someone else to discuss those possibilities is always a treat. :passitleft:

:dude-knocking:
Got room for one more on the porch? I bring herb! :yummy:

Pull up a chair, there's always room... just don't fart. :laughtwo:

It's Tuesday already ?o_O WTH happened to the weekend updates you ask? We had company and I spent the whole time smoking their stash. :ganjamon: Sorry about that, but I'll list the garden happenings below so y'all don't miss out on the thrill that is topping off buckets. :)

Saturday
4A +2.5qt = 2.5qt
SS +3qt = 17qt
BT + 2.5qt = 15.5qt
DC +0 = 1qt

Due to the amount of water used by SS and BT they both got water changes after being topped off. All ppm and pH readings were taken with full buckets both before and after the change.

SS ppm out 567 pH out 6.9@70 ... ppm in 1000 pH in 6.2@69
BT ppm out 909 pH out 7.1@71 ... ppm in 1010 pH in 6.3@69

Sunday
4A +2qt = 4.5qt
SS +2.5qt = 2.5qt
BT +3.5qt = 3.5qt
DC +0 = 1qt

Monday
4A +2qt = 6.5qt
SS +3qt = 5.5qt
BT +4qt = 7.5qt
DC +0 = 1qt

Tuesday
4A +2qt = 8.5qt
SS +2.5qt = 8qt
BT +3.5qt = 11qt
DC +1.5qt = 2.5qt

I'll probably take ppm and pH readings of everyone tomorrow because they are all nearing the
point that i should be thinking about the next water change which will most likely be Thursday or Friday.

Hope you enjoy these taken this morning. NCH is showing us one of her little beans waiting to carry the genetics along, and the other is a whole garden shot. BT is front left, 4A behind her. SS is right rear closest to the fan, and little DC is in the front right corner hiding under her big sisters. :cool:

EDIT: It's a 4x4 with only 350W of 3500k COB lights.

Is there a way to get that green inline fan outta there? It's chewing up a plant's worth of tent floor space.

I was lazy when I set up the tent, but yeah i could hang it. This will be this tent's only grow up here. I thought I could get by without the 5x10 which dominates the room, but I can't. Between harvest and June 1st the big tent will go back up and the 4x4 will be relegated to the lower level of the house. I can use it for a Summer grow once a year with the 600-1K hps.

I finally hung my fan last month. I didn't foresee leaving it on the floor would take so much space.. now that she is up, I think I have three plants in her place.

5x10, ay? That's a lot of room for growing.. that is also a lot of buckets to fool around with.

I finally hung my fan last month. I didn't foresee leaving it on the floor would take so much space.. now that she is up, I think I have three plants in her place.

5x10, ay? That's a lot of room for growing.. that is also a lot of buckets to fool around with.

I just used four buckets in it too. With room to spread I've grown some big girls in it though. 1lb photo plant, 11oz auto, and even a 7oz DDA. Plus there is room to play with hempys and soil on the side.

I crammed as many plants as possible (that would fit in the trays) in mine... I have a lot more females than I expected as well. First world problems..

DDA turned out to be a grandparent to 4 strains in my tent and parent to 2 of them... I didnt breed this one, but thought you might like to see her

Told y'all I was going to take some ppm and pH readings this morning. So after topping off the buckets and checking my readings against the chart I decided to just go ahead and do a water change on all four buckets.

Check out the photo below for the readings, and actions taken. It was easier to photo my notes than typing it all out for y'all. You do remember I said all dwc growers should be taking notes? :hmmmm: :laughtwo: Well here is an example of pretty much everything a grower should be keeping track of.

View media item 1656248

@Rifleman After reading your journal here and what you posted in the other thread I seriously cannot wait to start my first dwc grow. I'm currently in week 5 flower with my 2nd soil grow, it's going alright. Having some issues with some plants but once I get this run wrapped but I'm going immediately into DWC mode haha. I've already reached out my local hydro store and they have everything I need to get started =)

Hope you don't mind me lurking around soaking up the knowledge you're so graciously passing down to us lucky folk.

@Rifleman After reading your journal here and what you posted in the other thread I seriously cannot wait to start my first dwc grow. I'm currently in week 5 flower with my 2nd soil grow, it's going alright. Having some issues with some plants but once I get this run wrapped but I'm going immediately into DWC mode haha. I've already reached out my local hydro store and they have everything I need to get started =)

Hope you don't mind me lurking around soaking up the knowledge you're so graciously passing down to us lucky folk.

There's room for everyone here, grab a chair near the bong. I hope you have success at dwc. It swells my heart when I see someone nail it the first time and grow a monster. :green_heart:

As far as knowledge... I'm just passing along what I've picked up. <humble please> I hate the government's stand on cannabis, but I hate commercial shit brick weed more. It's my firm belief every one deserves world class grass, and what better way than grow your own. If I can help one more person achieve that, that is one less perpetuating the shit weed business, and one more freed from government oppression. :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom