Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

I wish I could claim the chart as mine WH. ;) But like the rest I'm going to drop down below for you, I found that in the forums.

Let the pH float up to 6.1 or so. Otherwise you might have calcium/magnesium deficiencies.

I had many more in my Blog Posts, if they are ever restored. o_O Hope these help you some.
View media item 1281728

I just let the ppm free fall, topping off with nutrient free water only. Many others prefer to top off with a dilute nutrient solution. Both will work, one only need find which they prefer and then by trial and error and note taking, a system or procedure will be found that works for each different gardener.

I don't know what nutrients you're using, so I can't say if 356ppm is a good amount of not. Use the chart I sent you and compare what is going on with your water consumption, ppm, and pH. Then do what the chart says. You may be able to bump up the feed some without burning tips and gain harvest weight.

Perfect!

S’up Rifle? You rock!

Water top off again today. :rolleyes:

4A +2.5qt = 11.5qts....ppm 1000 pH 6.6@69

SS +1.5qt = 6.5qts....ppm 933 pH 6.9@70

BT +4qts = 18qts....ppm590 pH 6.8@69

DC +0qts = 0qts....ppm 932 pm 6.6@69

I refreshed BT's bucket this morning, just four days after the last time. :eek: It rare you'll see this, but since she is feeding so much I raised the formula to 36ml per 4 gallons. Roughly 2.6ml per quart/liter, which lead to a ppm going in of 1400 & a pH of 6.2@68. Reckon she'll want another change this weekend with everyone else.

I wish I could claim the chart as mine WH. ;) But like the rest I'm going to drop down below for you, I found that in the forums.

Let the pH float up to 6.1 or so. Otherwise you might have calcium/magnesium deficiencies.

I had many more in my Blog Posts, if they are ever restored. o_O Hope these help you some.
View media item 1281728

With that ph perfect it holds me to that 5.5 till it starts to deplete the ph control in 5 to 7 days , but since I went to 50% nutrients it might feed in larger doses ? Today was six days on the nutrients got down into the 170 ppm so I changed out the H2o and nutrients and increased to 50% Advanced Nutrients.

Hanging out doing what I do. :cool: I've got no one to pass my knowledge on to except the open ears of a loving public. :rofl:
Thanks for pulling all these helpful charts up I know that took some time . You can bet we will use charts !

Thanks for pulling all these helpful charts up I know that took some time . You can bet we will use charts !

No problem at all WH. Only 2021 photos to scroll through to find those. :laugh: I might have missed a few in between bong hits and watching Matt Dillon. :roorrip:

DWC Hydroponic Lesson #5 ? :laugh:....Water.

A lot of y'all have invested in RO systems, or even go buy it by the gallon, and if it is working for you I'm happy. But let me tell you what I'm using, and for you beginners this should ease your mind And wallet.

Tap Water... That's it, tap water. Tap water with so much chlorine in it, that even after going through the whole house charcoal filter I can still smell it. I'll go you one better too. Do the words Salt Pellet Water Softener mean anything to y'all ?

Yep, I use softened water with added sodium. :eek::eek: So relax, save some money if you need to. Just be sure to let your water sit out long enough to evaporate all the chlorine. 24hrs and I can still smell it, but have used the water. 48hrs and I can no longer detect any odor.

:welcome::rofl:

Speaking of water. Some municipalities use chlorine in the water supply which will evaporate out. Others use chloromine which will not evaporate out. So what are y'all supposed to do if your water company uses chloromine? Beats me, but I know this is what we used when we kept fish. Straight from the tap to a bucket, treated with the Stress Coat, and poured in the 75gallon tank, sometimes replacing as much as 50% volume.

Will it work in hydroponics ? I don't know. Just remembered it a couple of tokes ago. o_O Next grow I'm going to grab some and do a side by side with fresh treated tap water, and untreated that has sat out to evap the chlorine. IF it works well enough to handle the chlorine in my water straight from the tap you'll hear it here first.

View media item 1653830

I used to let my water sit out overnight. But I stopped for no real reason besides lazy. Perhaps we don't have much in our tap water which is actually mighty tasty water for being from a city water supply.

Of course I don't run buckets and don't recommend that folks do the things that I do. I'm in lava rock hempys fed 2-3 times daily. So far, so good. Lol

I used to let my water sit out overnight. But I stopped for no real reason besides lazy. Perhaps we don't have much in our tap water which is actually mighty tasty water for being from a city water supply.

Of course I don't run buckets and don't recommend that folks do the things that I do. I'm in lava rock hempys fed 2-3 times daily. So far, so good. Lol

Ain't nothing wrong with lazy. Hell it's my mantra! :Namaste: I don't see how watering 2-3 times a day fits that description though. :hmmmm:

Ain't nothing wrong with lazy. Hell it's my mantra! :Namaste: I don't see how watering 2-3 times a day fits that description though. :hmmmm:
Gives me an excuse to get away from my wild ass kids for a little bit each day, lol.

It's 2x daily for plants that hit the reservoir, one feed until runoff and then just an extra splash before lights out. When they get into full flower I expect them to need 2 full feeds but I haven't grown in winter time before.

3x daily for my seedlings in rockwool... thankfully those are almost grown up now. I dont like rockwool but have to use it until it's gone.

Water top off...again. Y'all getting tired of this yet? I damn sure am. ;)

4A day 49 +2.5qts = 14qts total <~~~water change tomorrow

SS day 45 +3qts = 9.5qts total

BT day 44 +5qts = 5qts total

DC day 40 +0qts = 0qts total

Great post of the charts and data

Thanks UA. :ciao:

Are you topping off every day? I just noticed that it looks like you are.
Is that normal for you or are you on top of your game because you're at the podium?
I'm on a every 5 days fertigating schedule.

Everyday Old Man. :morenutes: Its pretty normal when they are in the first weeks of flower. Thirsty girls require an attentive eye. :nerd-with-glasses: Water usage will taper off as they get closer, but I'll be checking daily until harvest so I don't let them lose more than 2qts before topping off.

Speaking of topping off, I did some again this morning and then did a water change on 4A due to her drinking 16qts since the last change. Data dump below. :headbanger:

4A day 50. + 2qts = 16qts total. ppm/pH out...895/6.9@69 ppm/pH in...1310/6.2@68

SS day 46. + 2qts = 11.5qts total. ppm/pH...756/6.6@68 <~~~probably have a water change by Saturday at the latest.

BT day 45. + 4qts = 9qts total. ppm/pH...844/6.4@70

DC day 41. +1qt = 1qt total. ppm/pH...870/6.5@69

This is a rinse and repeat kind of thing all the way to harvest. If you've been following along to get a grip on DWC then I'd have to say it's time to coast to the finish. Pretty much all the lessons have been thrown out there. The only thing left is to watch for water usage to taper off and trichomes to cloud up.

Still feel unsure... you will until you put it in practice. :laughtwo: Don't be scared, find an old aquarium pump and a bucket and get to growing bigger faster trees. I'll be here to assist if you have trouble. Just yell. :dude-knocking:

Back
Top Bottom