Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

Hey, @Rifleman , you around, or off riding? I'm wondering how that DDA you mentioned in the previous post turned out. Mainly size, approximate diameter, and height. Also how much it yielded. And did you grow it in a five-gallon DWC bucket, or...?

Hey, @Rifleman , you around, or off riding? I'm wondering how that DDA you mentioned in the previous post turned out. Mainly size, approximate diameter, and height. Also how much it yielded. And did you grow it in a five-gallon DWC bucket, or...?

5gal dwc as always. I don't have any size records available other than harvest. When I stopped posting my activities I quit keeping track of height and a lot of other things that just don't mean as much if one isn't sharing the knowledge/whys/why nots.

The final weight on it was 184g dry though. Not sure if I beat my own record because I'm too lazy to surf the journal until I find my past DDA grows. Suffice to say, she was a fat one. :rofl:

5gal dwc as always. I don't have any size records available other than harvest. When I stopped posting my activities I quit keeping track of height and a lot of other things that just don't mean as much if one isn't sharing the knowledge/whys/why nots.

The final weight on it was 184g dry

Good to know you're still above ground!

6.5+ ounces seems like a pretty good yield for the strain.

One more question: Do you think you would have harvested more from it if you had (at least) doubled your reservoir size, or was that in no way a limiting factor? I'm trying to decide whether it'd be worth to hassle to unpack my "DWC kit" and, if so, whether there is any point in going with a decent-sized reservoir for an autoflower instead of just grabbing a five-gallon bucket.

I'd just stick with the 5gal buckets. It is maybe 1 out of every 2 dozen plants that I wish I had a larger bucket due to being so full of roots. As fast as autos run, usually 90-100 days sprout to chop, I don't see a larger reservoir helping that much more. Just my $0.02 and worth every penny you paid for it. :laugh: :passitleft:

Thx pa.

Karma sent

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on? :hmmmm:

Just woke up from an indica induced coma and thought I'd drop by and see if there were any messages. 🤷‍♂️ Reckon I need to dig around and see if Mephisto Genetics is still a thing, and see what's changed since I've been locked up.

Join me?...:passitleft:

heya pa

16/8 vs 24/0 when growing autoflower plants? What are your feelings? Real world side by side experience? Expectations? Common lore you've always believed?

Yep I've got some thoughts and data on it. :hmmmm:

🤠

I never grow autos so can not add to the discussion.

But merry Christmas to ya

I never grow autos so can not add to the discussion.

But merry Christmas to ya

@nivek I have a limited season to grow my year's worth and can turn 3.5lb in 100 days under 830w led. Autos are a no brainer in my tents. :cool:

Try this next post on for size. It's time to begin schooling the hapless. :high-five:
- -
🤠

Nutrients and nutrient deficiencies in cannabis.​

How much do you know? Do you know the difference in mobile and immobile nutrients? Do you know which nutrients are which? This is basic knowledge that every grower should know. It's knowledge that will help you when your crop starts looking like and turning to shit....which can happen very quickly in DWC (my forte).

I'll give it a day or so and see if any of my old subscribers can answer, or maybe send some newbie this way for a lesson from an old fart with no one else to pass his craft on to.
- -
🤠

Mobile Nutrients​

Nitrogen (N)
Phosphorus (P)
Potassium (K)
Magnesium (Mg)
Zinc (Zn)

Immobile Nutrients​

Calcium (Ca)
Boron(B)
Chlorine (Cl)
Cobalt (Co)
Copper (Cu)
Iron (Fe)
Manganese (Mn)
Molybdenum (Mo)
Selenium (Se)
Silicon (Si)
Sulfur (S)

Now I know you're asking yourself, "WTH does that have to do with me?":hmmmm: Let me tell you the significance and difference and then you can decide. ;)

1. Nutrients are absorbed from the growing medium and nutrient solutions.

2. Nutrients are grouped into three categories: macro or primary nutrients, secondary nutrients, and finally micronutrients or trace elements.

3. Each of those nutrients can be further classified as mobile or immobile.

4. Mobile nutrients are able to translocate, or move from one portion of the plant to another as needed. For example, nitrogen accumulated in older leaves translocates to younger leaves to solve a deficiency. The result is that mobile nutrient deficiencies will show up in older, lower leaves first.

5. Immobile nutrients do not translocate to new growing areas as needed. They remain deposited in their original positions in the older leaves. Therefore deficiencies in immobile nutrients will show up in new growth near the top of the plant.

That's your lesson today. Guaranteed you weren't taught this by your free public education. If there's enough interest/following I'll break down each nutrient and give a brief summary of what a deficiency might look like. IOW....spread the news, tell your buddy, bring your wife and girlfriend. Encouragement begets performance. :high-five:
- -
🤠

Mobile Nutrients​

Nitrogen (N)
Phosphorus (P)
Potassium (K)
Magnesium (Mg)
Zinc (Zn)

Immobile Nutrients​

Calcium (Ca)
Boron(B)
Chlorine (Cl)
Cobalt (Co)
Copper (Cu)
Iron (Fe)
Manganese (Mn)
Molybdenum (Mo)
Selenium (Se)
Silicon (Si)
Sulfur (S)

Now I know you're asking yourself, "WTH does that have to do with me?":hmmmm: Let me tell you the significance and difference and then you can decide. ;)

1. Nutrients are absorbed from the growing medium and nutrient solutions.

2. Nutrients are grouped into three categories: macro or primary nutrients, secondary nutrients, and finally micronutrients or trace elements.

3. Each of those nutrients can be further classified as mobile or immobile.

4. Mobile nutrients are able to translocate, or move from one portion of the plant to another as needed. For example, nitrogen accumulated in older leaves translocates to younger leaves to solve a deficiency. The result is that mobile nutrient deficiencies will show up in older, lower leaves first.

5. Immobile nutrients do not translocate to new growing areas as needed. They remain deposited in their original positions in the older leaves. Therefore deficiencies in immobile nutrients will show up in new growth near the top of the plant.

That's your lesson today. Guaranteed you weren't taught this by your free public education. If there's enough interest/following I'll break down each nutrient and give a brief summary of what a deficiency might look like. IOW....spread the news, tell your buddy, bring your wife and girlfriend. Encouragement begets performance. :high-five:
- -
🤠
I'm with you Rifleman. Will keep this in my favorites to back reference when needed. :reading420magazine:

AzLaker
😎

Back
Top Bottom