Ripe1 Grow2 Lunar Planting NYC Turbo Diesel & Cheese CFL & LED In Soil

I thought that journal was mostly about the art of disguise ;).

I got such a kick out of that one! Right in front of everybody's faces and they probably never knew it.

It's going to be an indoor White Widow grow using a prototype of a system to automatically water the plants on the patio next summer so I can take a vacation without having them all die. The six gallon pot is kind of overkill but what the hell.

The Pot Gods have answered my prayers! I get to watch another master go kill it again, this time from the top! When does class start Scientific? I'd imagine that perlite isn't in the bottom of a new pot now for next Summer.

Caught up. Great journal so far. Looking forward to seeing how the soil grow goes!

Hey thanks Spec and welcome! Well I am caught up on your now. I saw you've been on here since 2009 but 1 journal so I had to go see it. Go check it out when you get some time Shed.

Master? Not even. I just started killing cannabis plants a long time ago so have already made most(?) of the noob mistakes. But thanks, Ripe. ;)

As small scale as it is, this grow is taking a while to set up because I'm trying some new things and adding some stuff, like a floating level indicator in the reservoir and even a time-lapse camera. :) It's pretty fancy for me, but nothing compared to the setups I see around here with full plumbing, pH control, and expensive LED grow lamps. I will be re-using my CFLs and LED light bulbs for this grow because grow light technology is advancing so amazingly fast that I just can't bring myself to buy knowing that in a year I'll be able to get something twice as good for half the price.

Master? Not even. I just started killing cannabis plants a long time ago so have already made most(?) of the noob mistakes. But thanks, Ripe. ;)

As small scale as it is, this grow is taking a while to set up because I'm trying some new things and adding some stuff, like a floating level indicator in the reservoir and even a time-lapse camera. :) It's pretty fancy for me, but nothing compared to the setups I see around here with full plumbing, pH control, and expensive LED grow lamps. I will be re-using my CFLs and LED light bulbs for this grow because grow light technology is advancing so amazingly fast that I just can't bring myself to buy knowing that in a year I'll be able to get something twice as good for half the price.

Yea, Master! How lucky are we! Time lapse cameras! I have been giving very serious thought to this, to the point I even-started to wonder which camera could take the humidity. Which one are you going to use? Damn it I am excited now!!! Hurry up Scientific, I barley wait well!

That's such a personal preference based on how much room you're going to have (grow up or grow out), whether you're going to scrog, etc. I remember reading a journal a while ago (can't remember the user name now) who turned each plant in his tent into 4 identical huge colas. It looked like a zen garden when it was harvest time.

I really am undecided. LST and SCROG would be sort of hard with all the transplanting right? I'd really like to LST, FIM, or Top. I have a 4'x4'x6.5' Tent where 3 or 4 plants are going to live. That little Cheese Auto is still in there for another 4-6 week I'd imagine. The little ones are growing so fast, they'll probably be at least 2 feet tall by then. They are going to be going into 1 gallon pots by the end of this week, perhaps the beginning of next. Here's what I am asking guys and Gals, if they were yours and you had my space, what would you do with the 4 (maybe 3) plants in there? The Sativas look like Indicas and the Indicas look like Sativas. The Schnozberries taste like Bozschnerries! What is your personal preference?

"You'll have a few transplants so one of them can be Sci's homemade burlap pots!"

I will do this some time! I'll bet it makes transplanting so much easier right Scientific?

"You'll have a few transplants so one of them can be Sci's homemade burlap pots!"

I will do this some time! I'll bet it makes transplanting so much easier right Scientific?

I'm not a big transplanter so I can't really say. The easiest way to transplant is to let the plant develop a big root ball so the soil is all held together by roots and you can just drop the ball in a new hole. That's clearly not the best for the plant. The last time I transplanted, it was coco with perlite in a beer cup, and that mix doesn't hold together at all, so it was messy and not a transplant that minimized disruption to the plant.

As much as possible, I like to just plant into the final container, which looks kind of dumb with a tiny seedling going into a giant pot, but that's how I like to do it. :p

Hey thanks Spec and welcome! Well I am caught up on your now. I saw you've been on here since 2009 but 1 journal so I had to go see it. Go check it out when you get some time Shed.

Yeah, I have been around a while, but not active until recently due to legality. I used to be in NorCal and helped with an outdoor grow on the side of a mountain. 9' plants yielding a unit a plant. I still have seeds from then.....anyway...now that I am in a legal state and can grow legally, I thought it would be safe to journal and participate without my paranoia getting to me. Indoor is brand new to me, so riding along with you on your grow will help me with mine. Benefits of community vs keeping it all under the hat.

Yeah, I have been around a while, but not active until recently due to legality. I used to be in NorCal and helped with an outdoor grow on the side of a mountain. 9' plants yielding a unit a plant. I still have seeds from then.....anyway...now that I am in a legal state and can grow legally, I thought it would be safe to journal and participate without my paranoia getting to me. Indoor is brand new to me, so riding along with you on your grow will help me with mine. Benefits of community vs keeping it all under the hat.

Well Congratulations to all Californians! Welcome to the club. I know how you feel on that paranoia train, even when I started my first journal, for weeks, I just couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that A.) I went to jail for a long time in high school for growing in my parents basement, (REAL stupid I know...), and B)now we can openly write about it. It still sketches me out a bit, but here we are! A community helping each other get meds that we know are safe and healthy.

Now here I am in a predicament. You will all notice that both Shed and Scientific are being nominated for Member of the Month. You two are the first and for a long time only ones helping me out. I can't vote this month. I wish you could both win but we all know how elections go. One of you could be the other's Vice President. Either way, what an Honor, I wish you both luck because you both certainly deserve it in my opinion. Indispensable folks you two. Thanks to you both!

Thanks Ripe! I jumped a little late on Sci's crazy fireplace grow but was on the balcony grow from the beginning. And that's why I'm looking forward to the next one :).

All good with that, but I was talking about Spec's Journal. Dude gets clones to root by snapping his fingers! It might piss you off how easy he has it with clones.

Well Congratulations to all Californians! Welcome to the club. I know how you feel on that paranoia train, even when I started my first journal, for weeks, I just couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that A.) I went to jail for a long time in high school for growing in my parents basement, (REAL stupid I know...), and B)now we can openly write about it. It still sketches me out a bit, but here we are! A community helping each other get meds that we know are safe and healthy.
Now here I am in a predicament. You will all notice that both Shed and Scientific are being nominated for Member of the Month. You two are the first and for a long time only ones helping me out. I can't vote this month. I wish you could both win but we all know how elections go. One of you could be the other's Vice President. Either way, what an Honor, I wish you both luck because you both certainly deserve it in my opinion. Indispensable folks you two. Thanks to you both!

Thanks for the support Ripe! It's crazy to be on the same list as Sci :adore:

Sucks to hear you got caught up in the war on drugs. I hope it didn't eliminate a lot of life's possibilities and glad you're here sharing and learning with the rest of us!

Repping SoCal here. :thumb:

All good with that, but I was talking about Spec's Journal. Dude gets clones to root by snapping his fingers! It might piss you off how easy he has it with clones.

Oh gotcha! I have no pride when it comes to cloning so no worries :).

I'll bet it is man! It's one of my goals too. I'm a ways off though. To me, you are both one in the same.

Record Expunged!-High School, Young, Dumb, Full of Cu.....Lucky as F#$%!!!

I forgot to tell you guys something I learned that I wanted to share. So apparently, the earth exhales in the morning and inhales in the afternoon. If you over-water, you can hoe/till in the morning and the soil will blow off the excess moisture much quicker. I tried it and it works. On the other hand, if you need to get water in, till in the evening and the earth will breathe in surrounding moisture. Try it and let me know what you think or find. Peace!

I forgot to tell you guys something I learned that I wanted to share. So apparently, the earth exhales in the morning and inhales in the afternoon. If you over-water, you can hoe/till in the morning and the soil will blow off the excess moisture much quicker. I tried it and it works. On the other hand, if you need to get water in, till in the evening and the earth will breathe in surrounding moisture. Try it and let me know what you think or find. Peace!

I'll let you know next time I get out to my farm.

Day 20!!!

Water all around!
1 Gallon of Distilled Water with:

CalMag- 4ml
BioThrive Grow- 6ml
BioRoot- 4ml
BioWeed- 4ml
Black Diamond- 4ml

Ph-6.7
PPM 335

I waited until they all started a little asking for water droop before I watered. I could see a root or two at the bottom of the liners yesterday. I can see 4 or 5 in the NYCTDs today. I can't see roots on the Cheeses', even though they are taller than the NYCTDs. I just ordered some gallon pots, they'll be here Friday. Which happens to be the next good set of days for transplanting according to the Lunar(Biodynamic) Gardening. I guess the roots are just going to have to chill at the bottom for 3 days. Oh well! Roots and Leaves are all that is going on in there, except I found this little C#$%Sucker in the Auto Cheese today. I gave him a long bath so he'd look good for his photo debut today.

Dirty_Little_CockSucker.JPG

Stereo Overheads
Stereo_Overheads.JPG

NYCTD4&5
NYCTD4_5.JPG

NYCTD1&2
NYCTD_1_2.JPG

NYCTD1 & Cheese 5
NYCTD1_Cheese5.JPG

Cheese 3&4 are going to go soon.
IMG_027970.JPG

Side View
From_the_Side1.JPG

Does anybody have an idea as to what that bug is?

Not a bug guy but the plants are looking healthy and happy! Have you decided on a shape for growing them out?

Well, my buddy JUST dropped by and is pretty persuasive about a scrog. He was talking about super cropping and then getting a trellis in there. My only hesitations are there is no room to work at that point and there is Zero maneuverability after that. I'm leaning towards it though. He was stoke about the plants and will probably drop by quite a bit to help. I used to help him on his grows years ago. I think It will be cool.

Back
Top Bottom