Ripped Off Again

The location in Nova Scotia puts the area close enough to the ocean that the warmer waters should reduce the chance of early frosts which would slow down the ripening near the end of flowering.
Interesting and good point SmokingWings. Being from the deep south that information is news to me.

Hard times in the Maritimes Dawg. We get warm air from the south that turns to killer fog when it hits cold air from N. Atlantic waters. Real pea soupers! Great for watering a garden and taking pics but deadly for buds. You really have to be out of the ground early in Sept. or better. Autos are really taking hold.

put a pup tent in the backyard and sleep in it to protect them
You may need to only put a timer or motion detector in it that turns on a light now and then and a fan that rustles stuff around.
A couple of years ago I was going to set up a quasi sound system that would have the sound of a rifle being loaded and a real loud voice "Waddayou looking for fuck head - I'll blow your fucking head off!!" and strobe lights. I live waaay out in the country so no neighbours. I didn't have all the crap to cobble it together - maybe one day!!

I think I would shoot a round in the dirt at 7 or 8 o'clock every night, to let everyone know you are there and waiting; but that may bring to much attention.

It'll definitely bring attention if, when whatever he discharges comes back down - which it will - it hits a kid, someone walking their dog, a structure, etc.

Have always grown outside directly in the ground because I have always had superior results with not a lot of intervention although the time spent tending them is an enjoyable escape in itself. The shortest plant was 7 feet and they average around 10 feet in my grows.
Interesting and good point SmokingWings. Being from the deep south that information is news to me.
Absolutely right , I grew my best plants outside last year , most about 6' high with beautiful Big fat colas. Two didn't fully ripen . My best one got chopped in the night by a lowlife.

Autos are really taking hold.
Yes they are, I'm into my 3rd grow with auto's. The first grow was a total disaster, probably due to treating it the same as the photo's (over fed them). The next grow was somewhat better, but now much size or yield. Since these two grows were from free seeds, I sort of was experimenting and not caring that much about keeping them healthy.

It is said that the 3rd time is a charm. This time before popping the seeds, I took the time to study what other farmers here are doing and as of today the new babies are looking good, although they are only a few days old.

Nice chatting with you Odjob.

It'll definitely bring attention if, when whatever he discharges comes back down - which it will - it hits a kid, someone walking their dog, a structure, etc.
Good point TorturedSoul perhaps the use of a few fire-crackers might suffice just as well as a bullet shot.

you may have to build a locked shed for the evenings and move them outdoor during the day. you could power the shed and supplement lighting at night if you want to lengthen daytime hours.

All I can say is you just took a course in cultivation, this titled - people will steal your shit. YOU have to do better. No more out the door and run the hose to it. Too bad but reality. put them out from you and not together but groups and groups spread way out. Plan to lose a group due to deer, cops, ripper, whatever. When you get better at the game you will not lose any, just saying. More work but you can earn the next badge in the growing community, stepping your game up. Rippers will be back, and it is probably someone you know, or someone you know told someone. Black Out complete black out, just you.

All I can say is you just took a course in cultivation, this titled - people will steal your shit. YOU have to do better. No more out the door and run the hose to it. Too bad but reality. put them out from you and not together but groups and groups spread way out. Plan to lose a group due to deer, cops, ripper, whatever. When you get better at the game you will not lose any, just saying. More work but you can earn the next badge in the growing community, stepping your game up. Rippers will be back, and it is probably someone you know, or someone you know told someone. Black Out complete black out, just you.
Well said Weekender. "Black Out complete black out, just you.", possibly the foremost rule to remember.

Coarse salt won't kill anybody. Sting like hell for awhile is all.

Exactly. Hope you don't get charged with malicious assault.

In my jurisdiction, it's less hassle to kill a burglar than to sound one. Exponentially so, if the miscreant is breaking into an outbuilding instead of the house (as one cop once told me, I'd be better off to drag the thief inside, and that's harder to do if they're still able to struggle, lol).

It'll vary by jurisdiction (and by prosecutor), of course. And whether there is even a report in the first place. Get gets a scratch during the commission of a major felony, he'll keep his mouth shut. A coddled punk kid might whine to mommy (who might want to press charges). Anything that causes a person to go to the ER will depend on whether the doctor recognizes it as the result of an encounter with another human. If so, they might be obligated to notify LEO.

But if it's a dead thief at your feet, the ball is in your court. If you call the cops, you're the only witness giving a statement. I mean when. When you call the cops ;).

I live in the woods. Nothing near me but trees. No walking trails. No nothing. And coarse salt has a short flight.

only if it has enough bang behind it

Coarse salt won't kill anybody. Sting like hell for awhile is all.

so long as they're not tossing back with something harder like they'll do here.

F*ck, I hate geese. I like snakes, though. Kind of a shame you can't train copperheads. They don't constantly make noise and shit all over the place. Plus, this time of year, they're pretty common (around here). But I guess you don't have them in the Great White North. HEY - you've got bears, though, right?

Back
Top Bottom