Round 2-4140w LED-6x12 Monster SCROG-Hydro Recirculating System-PK-Chernobyl-Berrybom

Re: Round 2-4140w LED-6x12 Monster SCROG-Hydro Recirculating System-PK-Chernobyl-Berr

800 freaking bucks later and I think I have everything I need for the next round. I went with a 20 amp single pole breaker and 12/2 wire to run both lights. I ll use 2 timers and stagger the start by a minute or 2 this should work just fine. I had to pick up another 8 inch cooltube( sold the last one) and 2 new hortilux bulbs at 130 bucks a pop! 2 bags of hydroton couple jugs of ph down some Sensizym some more stools ect....ect lol...it never ends:)

Re: Round 2-4140w LED-6x12 Monster SCROG-Hydro Recirculating System-PK-Chernobyl-Berr

Yea sounds like you know what your doing. I wire everything 240 but it's just as easy as 120 just a little more dangerous I guess. I have a 40 amp double pole breaker that has 4 1000 watts no problem at all. Have you looked into running 240v Jon?

Edit: using 10/3 wire not 12/2 if there was any confusion.

I've never heard that it makes the lights brighter. Maybe true not sure though. The amps are cut in half though. Honestly I'm not 100 % sure on the benefits of running 240 but that's how my original room was wired so now I wore all my lights like that. Curious if anyone knows the benefits of it could chime in.

I can tell u with 100 % certainty the lights are far brighter when in 240! U can SEE the visual change they don't even throw the same coulour. If i had a decent video camera i would prove it but just google it im sure U will come to the conclusion im speaking of.

I can measure light with my iponic 600 sensor when im done this round of flower I will thats tests for u all so u can see exsaclty how much better 240v is!

I can tell u with 100 % certainty the lights are far brighter when in 240! U can SEE the visual change they don't even throw the same coulour. If i had a decent video camera i would prove it but just google it im sure U will come to the conclusion im speaking of.

I can measure light with my iponic 600 sensor when im done this round of flower I will thats tests for u all so u can see exsaclty how much better 240v is!

Definitely interested in that! Wasn't saying you we're wrong just saying I've never heard that and never really looked my self as only my 400 watt light is 120 v and I'm thinking about switching that as well. Especially will consider if it makes the lights brighter.

Definitely interested in that! Wasn't saying you we're wrong just saying I've never heard that and never really looked my self as only my 400 watt light is 120 v and I'm thinking about switching that as well. Especially will consider if it makes the lights brighter.

Hehe its cool i didn't mean to come off like a know it all. The power consumption has to sway anyone to 240v if anything else anyhow.

Yeah that's my only reason for going 240 that I am aware of haha. Can't complain with cutting the amount of amps in half. Any other benefits is a bonus I'd say.

Yea sounds like you know what your doing. I wire everything 240 but it's just as easy as 120 just a little more dangerous I guess. I have a 40 amp double pole breaker that has 4 1000 watts no problem at all. Have you looked into running 240v Jon?

Edit: using 10/3 wire not 12/2 if there was any confusion.
I dont have to with the led's bro those hps are only in there for 1 round I didnt want to have to buy a 240 timer too:)

I dont have to with the led's bro those hps are only in there for 1 round I didnt want to have to buy a 240 timer too:)

Makes sense. After doing some google research the last half hour I've read the only true benefit of running 240 is you can have more lights on one circuit breaker. From what I've gathered a 20 amp breaker could run up to 4 1000 watters but it would be cutting it really close. I'd say 30 amps for sure though. I guess the power consumption is the same regardless though just using less amps so you won't save any money on electric bill but the lights could be ran efficiently on less breakers.

All this is just from google I am by no means an electrician expert and don't condone wiring 240 unless you have experience!!

When u run 240v the the amps on digital ballast drop to half around 4.1 amp draw. Im sure u guys are aware of this if not now u know:) Also 240v is much safer and the light it throws off if much more brighter= more lumes i guess?.
Ive grown with both 240 and 120 before and I have to disagree with you YM, the only difference is the light runs on 4.5 amps instead of 9 amps it still uses the exact same amount of watts and the lumen output is exactly the same, im sure somebody that can explain it better than me will chime in here soon:)

Yeah that's my only reason for going 240 that I am aware of haha. Can't complain with cutting the amount of amps in half. Any other benefits is a bonus I'd say.
the only benefit to 4,5 amps over 9 amps is you can run double the ballast on one line,theres no difference in the hydro bill at all.

the only benefit to 4,5 amps over 9 amps is you can run double the ballast on one line,theres no difference in the hydro bill at all.

100% correct. And yeah I have to respectfully disagree with YM as well on brighter lights. Haven't read anything confirming that.

I disaggree Cuase i just build my room witch was one 120 till my electrician came about a month after. Even the temps rose when i switched to 240. I just finished my veg room also and same thing bro U can see with the naked eye the noticeable difference not only in the light / heat the colour is not even the same.

Now this will bug me all measure it tonight when my lights come on. All go in a bit early and switch my scrog to 120 measure the light out put and then switch back to 240 and measure it again with out moving the sensor! All try to get some pictures of the different colour of light it throws of . I have no problem to admit if im wrong!

Even my partner said as soon as he walked into the room for the first time is was far brighter!

Back
Top Bottom