SA Coming To The Party - DIY Grow Box & First Grow

I know....420SA on Tap talk at least let's you remove messages sent in error.

Lil update:
All the beans have shown themselves so that's round 1 under the belt. 11 rounds to Go !!

420-magazine-mobile818876826.jpg

All added another Thermometer and Humidity meter as the previous one was giving odd numbers in terms of humidity.

420-magazine-mobile1119003817.jpg

That's all for now.
Rock on Gang !!

Thanks again you all. Haven't felt this sort of excited since growing peas for the first time . .
Sun, enlightened me a bit with regards to the Aloe mix you mentioned.

Totally out there update:

Wife and kids are away for the evening so as Man what do we do.....
No No No...none of that .

420-magazine-mobile598534050.jpg

420-magazine-mobile194722869.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1454812582.jpg

420-magazine-mobile560379538.jpg

Back to the 420:

420-magazine-mobile1597910152.jpg

All is well, but need some advice for those that can offer it.

This is what I have in the cupboard for veg stage and would like to know your suggested usage of these.

420-magazine-mobile2142296472.jpg

I'm using an organic living soil.
As per the supplier :
Ingredients: Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Compost, Perlite, Vermiculite,Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Gypsum, Dolomite Lime, Kelp Meal, Organic Nutrients.

All for now thanks you all .

Looks good. If it's a real living organic soil you can chuck that stuff away. Switch to different teas, they will benefit the life in the soil way more than bottles. If the soil os living it should be balanced. Basically a microbial tea to start the life and giventhe soil a bang. Get a bag of worm castings, some mushroom compost, some bonemeal, kelpmeal, barley, agricultural lime (without dolomite), gypsum, molasses, aloe Vera gel and some apple cider vinegar. Those are basic aact ingredients. Another good option for LOS is sprout teas or sst. Check it out. That micoroot I would keep if it's any good? We make out own micos .. will show you process in some.pics once spores take. Another good thing for LOS is fermented plant extract teas. Chem it out hehe. Hope I'm not confusing you

Hey Welcome MerryAnn good to have you along. Sun, how often should I feed the tea? I'm not really keen on the tea for the simple reason it needs to be used up immediately and takes at least 48 hours to make. Air pump also required. Am I correct?

Thanks again you all. Haven't felt this sort of excited since growing peas for the first time . .
Sun, enlightened me a bit with regards to the Aloe mix you mentioned.
Hi, bud. I know that joyous feeling, still get it every morning when i wake up and say hi to the girls!!!
Ps (off topic) i still get it from the peas that i obsessively plant around the garden - which never make it to the table, cause everyone in my house (including the jack russells) gobble them down as fast as they can grow. It's our sweeties.....

Do you have a journal or some picks you would like to share Anna? Where u from?
Hi, J.
Would love to share pics etc, but still figuring out this app. Trying to het up to 50 posts so i can pm. In Gauteng now, but from a farm in the far northern transvaal originally. How's tricks down in CT?
I'm loving the whole co-operative thing you & pat have going down there, would be bloody fantastic to get something like that going on here.
420-magazine-mobile216213070.jpg

One of my bagseed ladies, the purple is natural, the leaves have been "grazed" upon by one of my pothead jack russells. . .

Nice thick stems she has. Yup, I would be growing sour figs if it wasn't for Pat. In fact they is a huge abundance of knowledge here at 420, and some great locals to help you along 2

Nice thick stems she has. Yup, I would be growing sour figs if it wasn't for Pat. In fact they is a huge abundance of knowledge here at 420, and some great locals to help you along 2
Preaching to the choir, bud.
She's the only 1/4 that I'm forcing to flower that looks that good. As a matter of fact, she's pretty small for a sativa, only about 15cm tall in week 3 of flowering. (*gasp* the horror...). I only discovered yesterday that the drainage in my pots were disastrous, and had to repot pdq. (New soil mix BRIMMING with perlite & vermiculite, fingers crossed that they haven't been traumatised into revegging with the repotting). So far, so good. Planning to reveg ladies in spring to make viable clones.
420-magazine-mobile514996659.jpg

(The reason for forced flowering was that 1 of thw creche developed early flowers & i was almost out of meds, so i just went with it). Lost 2/6, of the 4 remaining, 2 def female, other 2 pretty stunted & unsexed (cause i was stupid and didn't pay attention to drainage. Rookie mistake. Hulk angry with myself.)
Have a good day! .

Do you grow them outdoors only? It's best to try and keep them away from the dogs....they seem to have smoked it all already.

Update:

Ladies are all coming along nicely, a new week ahead which give me a bit of time to gather what's needed for the Compost and Sprout tea. Need to get pump/products for the compost tea and an airtight container with an airlock or something DIY ...Anyone? ????....plus the seeds for the SST. Thanks Sun for your assistance, but could you please let me know what you soak the seeds in for the SST?

A few picks of what's happening :
The Vanilla Kush
420-magazine-mobile2036008737.jpg

She is really bursting now and a new fan leave seems to arrive before you know it.

The DC
420-magazine-mobile2003933726.jpg

Small, and late starter but she seems to be gathering pace.

Some of the Beans: Sour Diesel, Critical mass and "Pat"attack (sponsered by Pat himself )
420-magazine-mobile1256575295.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1518921204.jpg

420-magazine-mobile397735217.jpg

420-magazine-mobile984486834.jpg

As you can see, the SD and CM are getting their second set of leaves.

Thanks for all the support thus far all.

I just don't get it why some photos come out sideways, I take the photos the same way. I use my mobile device if that makes any difference but it's pissing me off....and my auto correct won't let me type pissing lol....anyway cheers for now.

Back
Top Bottom