SA Coming To The Party - DIY Grow Box & First Grow

Do you grow them outdoors only? It's best to try and keep them away from the dogs....they seem to have smoked it all already.
Yup, outdoors only. I bring them in at night, just because it's winter, but I haven't got the $$$ for a lighting system, and this run is basically a winter experiment for me.
The dogs have been at the pot since i dropped a tray of decarbed bud on the floor, and they vacuumed it up. Don't mind too much though, the old one's arthritis is much better, and the other one only occasionally takes a bite (in between eating ALL the peas, garlic & chillies i have in the garden...). Silly puppies.
Not the only ones i have going, just the easiest ones to take pics of. .

Need that extra time under light to make a real difference, can't wait for summer because Sun Valley has really ignited that fire for a outdoor grow.

Need that extra time under light to make a real difference, can't wait for summer because Sun Valley has really ignited that fire for a outdoor grow.
I hear you. The light wasn't the issue, i had crap drainage until yesterday. It caused all sorts of nonsense - stunted growth, weird stuff going on with the leaves, yadda yadda. I'll wait a week, then take & post another pic for comparison. .

Update Boys and Girls:

Sun Valley had me running around like a wild pig after a list of ingredients for my (or His) Microbial Tea.
Now I know what the amazing race contestants feel like.
Thanks Sun you're just super awesome man...I owe ya.

Checking the bubbles...just bent over the pipe and heated a tin nail and inserted a couple of holes along the length of the pipe and hey presto.
420-magazine-mobile856092227.jpg

The ladies are well, can't wait to give them some tea.

Vanilla Kush:
420-magazine-mobile432431463.jpg

420-magazine-mobile964952121.jpg

DC OG:
420-magazine-mobile216755157.jpg

The seeds:
420-magazine-mobile921427475.jpg

420-magazine-mobile356225958.jpg

Also Got another clone so I'm super chuffed, GSC here in my converted Biltong maker now clone dome on a heated mat. Humidity in the 80s so I think that's OK.
420-magazine-mobile1342287422.jpg

Can just about see its 87 now:

420-magazine-mobile1806602117.jpg

That's all my China's, see you all through the fan leaves.

Hell of a busy you all...

Hey Sun, just boiled it all in the bottle. Really only noticed the next days after 24 hours that shaking it helped quite a bit. Also grabbed 2 of those stones used in the fish tanks and the bubbles was way better.

How often would you say I can feed the tea? I also presume it's not something that can be kept for a few days?

Really struggled to find the Gypsum man but was able to find this, your thoughts as a substitute.
420-magazine-mobile838963859.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1809069841.jpg

Got the Safety aspect covered...

420-magazine-mobile1221746966.jpg

Trying my hand at some DIY individual scrog nets.

420-magazine-mobile2076714795.jpg

420-magazine-mobile680240140.jpg

Removed some leaves.

420-magazine-mobile2127401485.jpg

Pat showed the way in tying these ladies up, wonder if his tied some ladies up in the past because he could have done it with his eyes closed lol.

420-magazine-mobile556040500.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2060936578.jpg

420-magazine-mobile845085774.jpg

Started on a small veg box...

420-magazine-mobile154452634.jpg

And this is how things look currently in the main box, and latest lady to arrive a GSC

420-magazine-mobile921151633.jpg

420-magazine-mobile379008140.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1160580438.jpg

Thanks you all, have fun !! I am !!!

Very nice man - seems like youre getting a lot done :D Nice to see you have a good couple good looking plants on the go. Veg box is gonna make life easier and harvests come sooner :Namaste:
He said he is almost done with the box bru. I will have to swing by his place again soon to look at it. I went there the other night so we had a nice smoke session and I helped train his plants. I think it is his Vanilla that is showing pre flower pistils already so she is rearing to go

OK so must I just check the run off and the feed? I'm really confused now because I thought ph wasn't an issue with this soil fuck. Leaves on the seedlings are also starting to yellow a bit, so I suspect you may be right. Going to have to get a pen because this bottles area a bit dodgy. I'm about to feed today so I want this feed right.

Bro unless you built that soil you'll never know. Also there needs to be a massive microbial life in the soil to buffer high water ph. But I recon check soil ph check water ph. I'd do a run off check for the fuck.of it too. Might be a good idea to do an easy flush with a light tea. If there is coco coir base in your soil you also will not want that soil to dry out or will get a salt build up and same symptoms will show up

Back
Top Bottom