Sauga's First WW Indoor Grow, LED Style

Flowering: Day 1
RH: 52%
Temp: 82F

I'm going to use @Mr. Magoo's format above to keep track here. It will also help, when I need help, for others to know that extra bit of info.

Day One of flowering for the Quads, although I don't know if day one is from the flip or first signs of pistils. Anyhow, here's some pics of the quads. The leaves may look funny since I didn't mess the white balance tonight and they have a coating of dried neem on it from the night before.

Hey thanks Penny, I appreciate the encouragement. It's been a tough week, lol. Here's to better ones ahead.
Stumbled across your grow, everthing is going well for them so far what do you intend to use during flower?

0820182201a.jpg

Almost 3 weeks since flip this will be your plants soon..

Stumbled across your grow, everthing is going well for them so far what do you intend to use during flower?
Thanks Flip, and welcome to my nightmare. I'll be throwing Mega Crop at them from here on in.
Thanks for dropping by. :thumb:
Looking good Mr S :yummy:
Thanks Nick, I'm still not comfortable with the one and most likely will lose her. I can't figure out what's wrong with it. I thought we had it figured out to mites but the amount of damage I see there should be colonies of them, none of what I am seeing. I thought I saw one or two on a leaf the other day but now I'm starting to second guess myself. Maybe they were just tiny bugs.
I keep thinking It has to be pH issues or Ca def but I've corrected both and symtoms the same. I'm seriously thinking of trying to drop my pH to a soil less level and see if it makes any difference.

0820182201a.jpg

Almost 3 weeks since flip this will be your plants soon..
Ya they look great Flip, I can hardly wait. :ganjamon:

Don’t broad mites live inside the leaf? Could be wrong but thought I read that.
No they are found on partially opened leaves from what I read...eggs are laid under the leaf. After reading this again I may not be checking the right leaves. I do see tiny white globules but have no idea if that's the plant or not. These loupes really make things big and some more experience at looking at leaves I should be able to tell.
Here's what I found on here regarding broad mites:

Description:
Adult: Adults are very tiny with the female body length of 0.2 to 0.3 mm and males about half the size of females. Adults are broadly oval and whitish to yellow-green but appear somewhat translucent except under extreme magnification. They have four pair of legs, with the front two pair widely separated from the posterior two pair. The last pair of legs appears threadlike.

Immature stages: The appearance of the egg is the key characteristic generally used to verify plant infestations by broad mites. The eggs are nearly transparent with the exception of rows of whitish circular projections that give the eggs a speckled appearance. The larval and pupal stages appear similar to the adults but are smaller. The larval stage has six legs and the pupal stage has eight legs.

Biology:
Life cycle: Adults move short distances by walking, but are dispersed long distances by wind or by attaching to and 'hitch-hiking' on winged insects such as aphids and whiteflies. Eggs are laid singly on the lower surface of young apical leaves and flowers. Average egg production is reported as 40 to 50 eggs per female. Eggs hatch is about two days and the larval and pupal development requires a total of 2 to 3 days. Adult males emerge first and will carry female pupae to younger tissues. Females emerge and generally mate immediately. Unmated females produce only males which may then mate with the female, assuring production of subsequent females. The entire life cycle requires about one week under favorable conditions and typically occurs in the youngest terminal growth. Broad mites are generally not found on fully opened leaves.

OK so I plucked a couple more of these leaves that are new growth and curling over. That's where I would see the mites as they don't hang around on open leaves from what it says.
I still don't see the mites, or any other critters...however I'm sure the eggs are there. They look like tiny little opaque balls under the leaf and there are lots. I'm guessing that's what I am seeing and not sugar or whatever else a plant leaf does. So I soaked again with neem, paying attention to new smaller leaves. This sucks and it's a real downer man. The first grow is the most expensive, and I would imagine for most people it takes two or three grows before you start seeing the savings, assuming you spend 400 a month on cannabis. It's important to get the most out of your plants and losing one doesn't help the pocket book.

Flowering: Day 2
RH: H56% L36%
Temp: H88F L70F

Quads are doing fine, They handled the LST under the net pretty good and got a bit more tonight. I have two 1000W Full Spectrums (400w from the wall combined) and the 600W HPS. The blurples are sitting higher than the 6" air cooled hood which is basically just making things brighter all the way around. They were all even height before but I want to get my H temp down to around 82. They do make me happy, especially with the other issues I am having.

Flowering: Day 2
RH: H56% L36%
Temp: H88F L70F

Quads are doing fine, They handled the LST under the net pretty good and got a bit more tonight. I have two 1000W Full Spectrums (400w from the wall combined) and the 600W HPS. The blurples are sitting higher than the 6" air cooled hood which is basically just making things brighter all the way around. They were all even height before but I want to get my H temp down to around 82. They do make me happy, especially with the other issues I am having.

Are you using 2x1000w led and 1x600w hps just for those two plants?! Seems a little over the top the 600w hps alone is sufficient enough....the pest issues your having is probably related to your lights creating a pest paradise for Your precious little creatures :bravo:

Are you using 2x1000w led and 1x600w hps just for those two plants?! Seems a little over the top the 600w hps alone is sufficient enough....the pest issues your having is probably related to your lights creating a pest paradise for Your precious little creatures :bravo:

No I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with it. First off I'm not the first grower to experience mites, they are quite common in the North, and it's luck of the draw. I got lucky and got some this time around. I'm assuming they came in on my clothes and I didn't have a routine before going into the tent. Now I do.
The plants were taken out of the tent a few weeks ago when I started noticing the issues, so like all good growers they were removed and isolated from the healthy ones. The other two are still in there, doing fine. The heat and humidity that I run in there are not enough to create a haven for bugs them but if they get in there then they will love it.
Early throughout my Journal I talked about switching from the 600W MH to the LEDS and convinced myself it was the right thing to do. Then they were in there for a few weeks and I wasn't happy with them, so I added the MH back into the picture to get the most light penetration for the plants. There was no point in removing them. They are happy and more importantly, so am I.
I hope that enlightened you on my decision why I did what I did.

@Van Stank does a neem dip on his veg girls now. Think he’s had good results so far. Maybe he can let us know the ratio Incase it is an option you might be interested in.

@Van Stank does a neem dip on his veg girls now. Think he’s had good results so far. Maybe he can let us know the ratio Incase it is an option you might be interested in.
I'm not sure if it's too late for a dip, must be a hell of a big tank. I use the following ratio as a foliar spray:
1:170 ratio of neem oil to water

Not sure if that's good or not but it's stinky so I think that's what it's supposed to be like.

Here's a few pics of the mite'y' girl(denice) and the one who has always been beside her(emily). Emily, grown in the same medium, planted and sprouted the same days, has the same amount of water at each watering, and the mites seem to ignore her.
The first three close ups are of the mite'y' girl. It's hard for me to determine new growth from old, but the discolored leaves I don't think are that old.

The next close up is Denice's neighbor, Emily, who has her shields up against the mites.

And the rest are just random images of me screwing around with the girls. If I had wheels on the bottom of the pots I would send them down the runway to show off their sexy stalks.

Here's a few pics of the mite'y' girl(denice) and the one who has always been beside her(emily). Emily, grown in the same medium, planted and sprouted the same days, has the same amount of water at each watering, and the mites seem to ignore her.
The first three close ups are of the mite'y' girl. It's hard for me to determine new growth from old, but the discolored leaves I don't think are that old.

The next close up is Denice's neighbor, Emily, who has her shields up against the mites.

And the rest are just random images of me screwing around with the girls. If I had wheels on the bottom of the pots I would send them down the runway to show off their sexy stalks.

Looking luscious nothing wrong with them girls

Back
Top Bottom