Looks like the far one may have the thin membrane wrapped around it still. Maybe try dropping a single drop of water on it....wait a few minutes and drop another on it. Do that a few times and see if it softens the membrane enough to carefully remove it. Looks like it’s wanting to grow since it shot the little single blade out the side but something is holding it back. Also, soil looks pretty wet. I wouldn’t water it anymore for a while. The dryer you can let her get between watering the better at this stage. Promotes healthy root growth because they grow to seek out moisture. If they stay moist they don’t grow to their potential.

Thank you very much for the input Mr. Magoo. I have to admit I just like saying Mr. Magoo, LOL. Cool name!!

I will definitely try to get the membrane off the far one and try the water drop method you mentioned. Also thank you very much for the tip about not watering so much. I did read Emilya’s excellent thread, ” The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant” so I knew letting the soil dry out promotes healthy root growth but I wasn’t aware that I should start that with such young seedlings. Just because they are so small I figured they might be very vulnerable to drying out completely so I actually was giving them extra water, D’oh… So thank you for setting me straight; that may be a lot of my problem. Maybe I was a little premature blaming the seeds instead of myself, LOL.

Looks like the far one may have the thin membrane wrapped around it still. Maybe try dropping a single drop of water on it....wait a few minutes and drop another on it. Do that a few times and see if it softens the membrane enough to carefully remove it.

This is 420% sound advice, Brother! I was gonna suggest misting it, but the water-drop method works, too. Then get a pin or toothpick and see if you can GENTLY peel the membrane away. Do NOT force it. If it gives you resistance, wait 30 minutes, go back and re-mist, and check again.

Wash, rinse, repeat until you get the membrane off! Just be careful not to pull too hard or you can yank the top off or pull out the roots.

:goodluck:

This is 420% sound advice, Brother! I was gonna suggest misting it, but the water-drop method works, too. Then get a pin or toothpick and see if you can GENTLY peel the membrane away. Do NOT force it. If it gives you resistance, wait 30 minutes, go back and re-mist, and check again.

Wash, rinse, repeat until you get the membrane off! Just be careful not to pull too hard or you can yank the top off or pull out the roots.

:goodluck:

It is just awesome the way at every turn I get timely and great advice every time I post! Mr Krip and Mr. Magoo; you really came through with your advice about my little seedling and adding some water to try to remove the membrane.

I added a couple drops and when I came back in about 20 minutes to check her expecting to have to gently pry off her membrane with a needle remarkably she had thrown off her membrane and was sitting proud and happy soaking up the rays!
!cid_eccbdfec-ede2-46ec-91ae-3af948b2e39e@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
Thanks again for the great advice and she thanks you too. I may be back in the auto grow club!!

Toronto born, raised in Sauga, living in Northern Ontario these days!

Same goes for you good Sir, any advice you can throw my way feel free
You bet...I have relatives in Parry Sound..they keep inviting me up in the winter for some sledding...but I'm allergic to snow and cold and hibernate til spring.

A little late, but I'm pulling up a chair now. I'm real interested to see how these quad autos turn out. Happy growing Mr!
You're never too late for this journal my friend, and welcome aboard Sir. I appreciate your time spent here. Thank you.

Waking up a few inches of snow is not what I expected
Too early for that
Ugggh, the dreaded 'S' word. It was bound to happen. I know a lot of birds think they like snow when they first see it, but soon the smart birds realize what a nuisance it really is.

There is someone reading... dreaming of snow for Christmas...... :sigh:.... :battingeyelashes:
:rolleyes:

@SeedsMan has their Halloween promo starting tomorrow! I'm hoping to pick up the second bundle they offer. I already have my cart filled, just need to hit the 'Spend My Money On More Seeds' button. I love that site. You can easily narrow what you want down in a few clicks.

@SeedsMan has their Halloween promo starting tomorrow! I'm hoping to pick up the second bundle they offer. I already have my cart filled, just need to hit the 'Spend My Money On More Seeds' button. I love that site. You can easily narrow what you want down in a few clicks.

Do you pay by credit card sauga?
Just curious I haven’t done any seed ordering online I’ve always gotten it from my local hydro shop as he always orders for me :high-five:

I really don’t want to spend a lot of money because I don’t know how much growing I am going to do but that is just a ridiculously good sale. £75 is about $126 Canadian and with that they give you 18 free Auto seeds and since the average seed cost around $15 there that works out to about $270 Canadian of free seeds which is pretty hard to pass up. What a dilemma. :oops:

Maybe I will wait for the Christmas sale if they have one to see if I want to stick with autos?

So sorry I just posted here instead of my own thread by accident. Since I can't delete the post I don't think I will take the opportunity to report Seedman sent me emails since I registered that they have free delivery and I get 25% off my first order. They are making it really hard to do the right thing, lol...:rolleyes:

So sorry I just posted here instead of my own thread by accident. Since I can't delete the post I don't think I will take the opportunity to report Seedman sent me emails since I registered that they have free delivery and I get 25% off my first order. They are making it really hard to do the right thing, lol...:rolleyes:
If you pull the trigger on seeds now, there is an approximately 97% chance you will buy more way before you need them. Show of hands if you have enough seeds to last at least 2 years but looked at a seed site this week!! Lol:ciao:

Do you pay by credit card sauga?
Just curious I haven’t done any seed ordering online I’ve always gotten it from my local hydro shop as he always orders for me :high-five:
Yes, and I think they dropped their charges a bit for CC transactions as well

I really don’t want to spend a lot of money because I don’t know how much growing I am going to do but that is just a ridiculously good sale. £75 is about $126 Canadian and with that they give you 18 free Auto seeds and since the average seed cost around $15 there that works out to about $270 Canadian of free seeds which is pretty hard to pass up. What a dilemma. :oops:

Maybe I will wait for the Christmas sale if they have one to see if I want to stick with autos?
I hear their 420 sale is hard to pass up. Lots of freebies then.

No problem, yes and always take the stealth shipping though. Then it may not be free. If you do order. Again, make sure you choose stealth delivery.

If you pull the trigger on seeds now, there is an approximately 97% chance you will buy more way before you need them. Show of hands if you have enough seeds to last at least 2 years but looked at a seed site this week!! Lol:ciao:
:ciao:

:rofl:

No problem, yes and always take the stealth shipping though. Then it may not be free. If you do order. Again, make sure you choose stealth delivery.

What would be the advantage of stealth shipping? Being legal in Canada now I am not sure the advantage but I am curious?

Back
Top Bottom