Scooby's 1st grow - LED

Thanks irish, sometimes it takes someone else to point out the obvious.

lol.. no prob bro. trust me i use to do the same thing when i first grew, then i didnt have any bud left after i was checking nugs like that.lol. no for real its too much of a pain in the a$$ to look while their on the plant, got real sick of that quick. the leaf way if the best that i have thought to use yet. their might be better ways to check but this is the easyist way for me because when u trime the buds you cut them off anyways so it dosent hurt anything.

SS $25 a gr? No wonder you guys are spending all kinds on untested lights. I would be moving...LOL...I live in a very lively "farming" community. An ounce goes for $160.

These lights cost Cammie about $135 at the most. They're worth $30 to the egg rolls.

How many think she gets kicked off of these sites on purpose?

Hey Lurker...don't you work for ProSource or another LED company?

SS $25 a gr? No wonder you guys are spending all kinds on untested lights. I would be moving...LOL...I live in a very lively "farming" community. An ounce goes for $160.

These lights cost Cammie about $135 at the most. They're worth $30 to the egg rolls.

Only thing I pay more for now than I did where I lived last. I used to have a better hookup but no longer. LOL, you get it now

How many think she gets kicked off of these sites on purpose?

I've honestly been contemplating just that. If you think through the logic it makes sense.

Irish your tip worked perfectly. Got my first good look. BB's have mostly cloudy trichs. Maybe like 85% - 90%.

Only thing I pay more for now than I did where I lived last. I used to have a better hookup but no longer. LOL, you get it now

I've honestly been contemplating just that. If you think through the logic it makes sense.

Irish your tip worked perfectly. Got my first good look. BB's have mostly cloudy trichs. Maybe like 85% - 90%.

cool bro. now you just need to know how ur like ur high and ur good to go.

WW didn't take too long to dry. Stems snapped this evening. Sorry pics didn't come out. She's a good smoke. Motivated mellow high.

WW - 33.7 grams dry.
LAW - still looks like a few more days.

New Tent - Both happy and a little frustrated here. I've fed them 2x once at about 2 weeks and once this monday(mid week 4). After both feedings (which were 1/4 strength FF and watered down a little more by adding water only to pots) it looks like I burned them. I'm honestly thinking of buying new nutes just to rule out the possibility that they've gone bad. I'm not sure if that's possible but I'm running out of possibilities. Good news is we've got new growth on the twin I chopped and used the cloning powder on. Transplanted her into a smart pot. So I now have 5 separate plants under 2 -126w LED's. Tomorrow should've been the start of flowering (4 weeks) but I'm thinking of letting them go at least another week if not 2. All but the twins will be topped most likely 3 times. Hopefully that let's the twins catch up and also put a little more height on them. Shooting for final plant sizes a little larger than the last LED BB. bout 24" - 27" if I can.

up-1-12-gr.jpg

Scooby... If it it's not to much trouble..Can you take some pic's under normal light.... I would like to see the girls all natural.. Help's me see problems better..

Hey Scooby, I see you have plenty of perlite in your soil. That's great - wish I had amended mine like you did. A lot of soils have enough nutrients in them to last several weeks with no supplementation so you may need to hold off for a while on the nutes.

Scooby... If it it's not to much trouble..Can you take some pic's under normal light.... I would like to see the girls all natural.. Help's me see problems better..

Thanks for the help dogs.

This is 1 WW and 1 CC. The bottom most leaves were burned the first time. The second set this time.

up-12-13-a.jpg

up-12-13-a-1.jpg

up-12-13-b.jpg

up-12-13-b-1.jpg

hey scooby i am going to give you some advice, and i might get bashed for this but oh well. ditch the ffof soil, its really not that good! i know its the most poplar soil around but trust me its not the best. every time ive used it ive had problems one way or another. its always worked ok for me but i will swear buy the Sun Shine #4 mix, that is the best stuff, it has no food so you control all its feeding by you and not the additives already in the soil. trust me ive done many side by side test on this in the past and the FFOF cant compete with the Sun shine #4. the growth is allot faster and easier. just thought i would leave you with that word of advice.

i would say Nitrogen def. if the PH is ok.

Hey Scooby. Irish is right. How is your PH?

Ph is holding at 7. I'll have to check runoff tomorrow when I water them.

Hey Scooby, I see you have plenty of perlite in your soil. That's great - wish I had amended mine like you did. A lot of soils have enough nutrients in them to last several weeks with no supplementation so you may need to hold off for a while on the nutes.

Best change I made so far. Between the 30%+ perlite and the smart pots, my wet/dry cycle is light years ahead of last run. 2-3 days between waterings now.

Yes... Not all strains require 1/2 strength nuturent under LED's.. Is that FF soil as well..

hey scooby i am going to give you some advice, and i might get bashed for this but oh well. ditch the ffof soil, its really not that good! i know its the most poplar soil around but trust me its not the best. every time ive used it ive had problems one way or another. its always worked ok for me but i will swear buy the Sun Shine #4 mix, that is the best stuff, it has no food so you control all its feeding by you and not the additives already in the soil. trust me ive done many side by side test on this in the past and the FFOF cant compete with the Sun shine #4. the growth is allot faster and easier. just thought i would leave you with that word of advice.

Not sure why everyone keeps thinking I'm using foxfarms soil. lol. like the rumor I just can't kill. lol.

I had to get different soil than the last run. couldn't go to the same store to get again in the winter. Found a local growers spot. They have just about everything for landscapers, flowers, etc. I got a local organic soil. It's mostly compost and peat moss with some perlite. I added more perlite to the mix and maybe a few 1%-2% of vermiculite. I wanted to add dolamite lime to buffer my ph but that they were out of and I couldn't find elsewhere. The water they've been given is all ph'd down to the mid-6's from 7.

You all know more than me when it comes to issues so I'll listen to all your advice. The only reason I went right to the nutes is they were fine before the first feeding, than bam, burned leaves. 2+ more weeks of growing without issues, fed them, bam, few days later burned leaves.

Final dry weights for 2 plants chopped.

WW - 33.7g
LAW - 63g

Considerations -

WW - growth either stunted or the strain just doesn't stretch. I'll know more with 3 more going this round. Final plant height was a lot shorter than optimal (have to go back but think 12" - 14"). Could easily fit 2 possibly 3 plants this size under 1 - 126w, pot dependent as well.

LAW - Under cfl's for part of veg. shared one LED with the other 2 ladies until 2nd light arrived 4-5 weeks into flower. Under it's own 126w for the final 5 weeks of flowering. She also stretched and stretched some more on me. More than 2x the size of the WW in height (32" i think). Had she had the 126w for the entire flowering I know we would have seen more yield on her. How much more is the question? A plant this size needs the entire 126w for herself.

For me now the fun really begins. The BB's are my 2 best plants. I think the one under LED is close to the perfect size for plants grown normally under LED's to be (18"-27" narrow this with more grows). You can see a noticeable difference in the look of both buds, so I'm curious if the looks lead to a difference in end product. The one under cfl's is getting nut's. There is not one branch that is not now staked up or tied to the upper shelving, or in 2 cases both. I think I have an idea of what's going to come off of both, but will only say I think some people will be surprised. This time I'll let the pictures and weights speak for themselves. I'll snap some shots when I check trichs again tomorrow.

I know several people are following my journal who are members on other forums. I appreciate you all following along with me, lurkers or not. In case some of you are reading irishboys comp grow between HGL and PS on your boards and not here I'd like to link to a post of his. It sums up, better than I can say it, how I feel about HGL and her lights.

His words are my feelings. Word for Word.

The only thing I would add is this. Previous to now it was non-LED users who were calling her out. Now it's people using her lights, who have read her posts for months now. We have no financial stake, she does. Everyone can make up their own mind.

:peace:

To quote irishboys next quote as well

"i am just glad on this forum we have freedom of speech. 420 mag you guys rock!! i have nothing but love for this place and all the mods here."

:thanks:

Not sure why everyone keeps thinking I'm using foxfarms soil. lol. like the rumor I just can't kill. lol.

I had to get different soil than the last run. couldn't go to the same store to get again in the winter. Found a local growers spot. They have just about everything for landscapers, flowers, etc. I got a local organic soil. It's mostly compost and peat moss with some perlite. I added more perlite to the mix and maybe a few 1%-2% of vermiculite. I wanted to add dolamite lime to buffer my ph but that they were out of and I couldn't find elsewhere. The water they've been given is all ph'd down to the mid-6's from 7.

You all know more than me when it comes to issues so I'll listen to all your advice. The only reason I went right to the nutes is they were fine before the first feeding, than bam, burned leaves. 2+ more weeks of growing without issues, fed them, bam, few days later burned leaves.

its all dogs fault i seen his post and did the stupid thing and assumed you were using FFOF..lol.. see what ur did Dog:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom