Scooby's 1st grow - LED

hey Scooby, did your blackberry seem behind during veg? I have one going under T5s and its short and squat much more so then the other ones and I am wondering if you noticed the same thing. Did your BlackBerry start smelling right away cuz it just started flowering and already smells.

The Led BB was one of my best 2 plants during veg. The cfl was a little behind at first but quickly caught up and passed later in veg and beg of flowering. Yep it was a stinker the whole time, just more so now. I love the smell but I'm a bit paranoid about certain things. I'll be curious to see if yours turn purple or not.

The Led BB was one of my best 2 plants during veg. The cfl was a little behind at first but quickly caught up and passed later in veg and beg of flowering. Yep it was a stinker the whole time, just more so now. I love the smell but I'm a bit paranoid about certain things. I'll be curious to see if yours turn purple or not.

Hi Scooby I've been watching through out your grow, you had plenty of help so I, just watched. By the way Great Job! :surf:
granny420 had real bad oder problems too. She used an Essential Oil called "Lemongrass". I got bought some on ebay for $12 and tried it. It works!
Be careful with it, it is very strong. Just put it in a small open container half filled with water. It floats on the water and it really kills oder. Hope that helps. :ganjamon:

Hi Scooby I've been watching through out your grow, you had plenty of help so I, just watched. By the way Great Job! :surf:
granny420 had real bad oder problems too. She used an Essential Oil called "Lemongrass". I got bought some on ebay for $12 and tried it. It works!
Be careful with it, it is very strong. Just put it in a small open container half filled with water. It floats on the water and it really kills oder. Hope that helps. :ganjamon:

thats pretty cool. Does it seem to mask the smell or destroy it?

Yea the purple factor was part of the reason I purchased the seeds. I was a little disappointed yours didnt turn purple. I am hoping this BB grows good and doesn't turn out to be a runt. I have more BB seeds but might not have the chance to grow them for awhile.

thats pretty cool. Does it seem to mask the smell or destroy it?

It masks it or it over powers it. It is strong stuff. There are other Essential Oils too. Haven't tried them yet. Ginger sounds good. The real Joanne came in the room the first time I used it and said "where's the stink?" The dank smell was gone. Unfortunately she comes down here all the time now.:smokin:

Should have dry weights on the last LED on Wed. Also be chopping the BB - cfl the same day.

Thinking of adding supplemental cfl's to the 2nd run. Anyone have any thoughts?

Should have dry weights on the last LED on Wed. Also be chopping the BB - cfl the same day.

Thinking of adding supplemental cfl's to the 2nd run. Anyone have any thoughts?

i would add some t5's. longer then what you have so it will cover more area. depending on how many plants ur going to do. cant wait to see the weight of those next plants. how many plants did u have under ur cfl's? and witch plants do u think did better the cfl or led?

i would add some t5's. longer then what you have so it will cover more area. depending on how many plants ur going to do. cant wait to see the weight of those next plants. how many plants did u have under ur cfl's? and witch plants do u think did better the cfl or led?

there was just one under the cfl's. it was honestly an afterthought. as for which did better, depends on which angle you look at it from. Just comparing the 2 BB's. The cfl has possibly 25% to as much in the high 30's% more trichs. There is no question in my mind on this and is plain to see when you look at the leaves and especially under the scope. The LED BB is covered in a lot more red hairs. yield there is no question the cfl will be my best yielding plant. Best guess off the cfl, dried, 3-4oz, though I'll know better wed when I chop her. cfl's were also easier to grow with. You didn't have to worry about coverage area. You made it what you want. Also, with the cfl's spread like they were the plant wasn't so tight letting light penetrate. the cfl's are much much worse smoke, I don't think there is a question in my mind. We'll see for sure if another week + when I weigh the BB cfl.

Was wondering the same. Its amazing what one word can do. Great job.. Looking forward to seeing and hearing how it all turned out...

LOL you had me there too.. how many watts in CFL are you using?

I'll count exact watts tomorrow when I chop her. It's right around 100w though +/-. There are 6 bulbs. 1 soft white spot in a hood, 1 daylight bulb in another hood (i had another spot but it broke and was too cheap to buy another soft white bulb) and 4 soft whites on Y splitters in the middle.

Was wondering the same. Its amazing what one word can do. Great job.. Looking forward to seeing and hearing how it all turned out...

Thanks for sticking with me through this sonzor. Tomorrow should get us to the 3/4 mark.

Salutations Scooby :grinjoint:

Excellent thread and, as I like to say, thank you for adding to our collective consciousness, your thoughts are priceless to me.

Thanks for tuning in csudh420! Just in time for it to really start to get fun now!

there was just one under the cfl's. it was honestly an afterthought. as for which did better, depends on which angle you look at it from. Just comparing the 2 BB's. The cfl has possibly 25% to as much in the high 30's% more trichs. There is no question in my mind on this and is plain to see when you look at the leaves and especially under the scope. The LED BB is covered in a lot more red hairs. yield there is no question the cfl will be my best yielding plant. Best guess off the cfl, dried, 3-4oz, though I'll know better wed when I chop her. cfl's were also easier to grow with. You didn't have to worry about coverage area. You made it what you want. Also, with the cfl's spread like they were the plant wasn't so tight letting light penetrate. the cfl's are much much worse smoke, I don't think there is a question in my mind. We'll see for sure if another week + when I weigh the BB cfl.

I'm curious about the "cfl smokes much worse" comment. Do the leaves seem as green between the cfl and led plants? They've all had the same nutes haven't they?

ooops never mind, the next post cleared that up, sorry.

So suppose one were to add cfls to the old 126W models of HGL's units, would this help? Would it be better to add some sort of red something to those units? I am trying to get the most out of what I have and those units themselves are not enough.

What ya think, since were on this CFL topic. I was just bringing that up in another thread.

Good job by the way! I was here hit and miss I think, but didn't have much to say.

Peace dudes!

-Go Go Greenery-

One more dried and weighed. Last one coming down tomorrow.

BB - LED

Final Dried weight - 50.5g

Totals for LED plants -

WW - 33.7g
LAW - 63g
BB - 50.5g
total - 147.2g - just short of 5 1/2 oz.

I tried to look through the journal to find when I added the 2nd 126w. I think it was around the first 2 weeks of December.

Seems to have lost 1 pic on the scale. 3.5g
up-12-18.jpg

up-12-18-1.jpg

up-12-18-2.jpg

up-12-18-3.jpg

up-12-18-4.jpg

up-12-18-5.jpg

up-12-18-6.jpg

up-12-18-7.jpg

up-12-18-8.jpg

One more dried and weighed. Last one coming down tomorrow.

BB - LED

Final Dried weight - 50.5g

Totals for LED plants -

WW - 33.7g
LAW - 63g
BB - 50.5g
total - 147.2g - just short of 5 1/2 oz.

I tried to look through the journal to find when I added the 2nd 126w. I think it was around the first 2 weeks of December.
8.jpg[/IMG]

how is 147.2 just short of 5 1/2 oz? am i missing something? anyways good harvest bro. so the total was 252w of leds right? and 100w of CFL's?

how is 147.2 just short of 5 1/2 oz? am i missing something? anyways good harvest bro. so the total was 252w of leds right? and 100w of CFL's?

Been a long day (and a big fat bong) so I may be off tonight. You calling me on rounding off irish? lol

The cfl's I'll add the exact watts up tomorrow but pretty close to 100w

How people want to count the LED is up to them. There was at least 4-5 weeks of flowering for 3 plants under only 1 - 126w. And finished under 2 - 126w.

Cuz its five and a quarter ounces bro...

You ok man? lol

I think he means grams tho...so its damn near precisely 5.25ozers.

Tis late...tis foggy...we tis...

haha

peace bro

Back
Top Bottom