Scooby's 1st grow - LED

Been a long day (and a big fat bong) so I may be off tonight. You calling me on rounding off irish? lol

The cfl's I'll add the exact watts up tomorrow but pretty close to 100w

How people want to count the LED is up to them. There was at least 4-5 weeks of flowering for 3 plants under only 1 - 126w. And finished under 2 - 126w.

don't listen to me i read something totaly diff. just smoked a blunt of some fire that had hash on it. from now on tonight dont listen to one thing i say...lol
my bad bro.

One more dried and weighed. Last one coming down tomorrow.

BB - LED

Final Dried weight - 50.5g

Totals for LED plants -

WW - 33.7g
LAW - 63g
BB - 50.5g
total - 147.2g - just short of 5 1/2 oz.

I tried to look through the journal to find when I added the 2nd 126w. I think it was around the first 2 weeks of December.

Nice results man! The buds look good.

But as I thought, 250w LED is about the same as 250w HPS. I have always thought that the 4:1 factor the manufacturers claim was BS. How about 1:1!

One more dried and weighed. Last one coming down tomorrow.

BB - LED

Final Dried weight - 50.5g

Totals for LED plants -

WW - 33.7g
LAW - 63g
BB - 50.5g
total - 147.2g - just short of 5 1/2 oz.

I tried to look through the journal to find when I added the 2nd 126w. I think it was around the first 2 weeks of December.

Hey Scooby how do you intend to figure out your grams per watt on the LED? Your numbers seem about right compared to other peoples results don't you think?

Very nice, thats some great looking bud you have there, congrats and + reps for the great job...

shit i dont know how to add that up. 4-5 weeks under one 126W? how long did they flower for until u pulled them? thats a tuff one their.
dont think the hash blunt is helping me..lol
either way that a good pull for some meds counting the cfl.

i am happy for you brother. good job!

Nice results man! The buds look good.

But as I thought, 250w LED is about the same as 250w HPS. I have always thought that the 4:1 factor the manufacturers claim was BS. How about 1:1!

Hey Scooby how do you intend to figure out your grams per watt on the LED? Your numbers seem about right compared to other peoples results don't you think?

Very nice, thats some great looking bud you have there, congrats and + reps for the great job...

:thanks: guys. As for figuring g/w it's going to be tough to get anything but a rough figure. The way I'm looking at it is like this...

I could have fit 2 BB that size under 1 - 126w - so 2x BB yield/126w
I could have fit 3 WW that size under 1- 126w - so 3x WW yield/126w.

Both ways you wind up with around 100g. /126w = .79g/w. Right around what I've seen others do with their HGL lights. I've seen people say after their first run with this light that they think they could increase yield vs. what they got. I'd agree with that. I would say within 2-3 more grows I could max out yield by about another 30%-50% by getting rid of issues and dialing things in. I think a 1 g/w +/- .25 -.5 will be the range you see grows come in at with this light. I'd take anything above a 1.4g/w with a grain of salt and question it and anything below .5g/w a complete f-up. I just don't see the small footprint of this light getting anything more than that. It's a really limiting factor, along with the spectrum mix being a little off from what we are now seeing.

I've been giving thought to the second run and I think I'm going to go at it as making the best of a bad situation. Plenty of others are doing grows with just HGL lights besides the ones already finished. I'm no longer interested in seeing what just 2 - 126w's will do with 5 plants, so I'm going to go ahead and add cfl's for flowering. I haven't decided how many or what watts but I'm leaning towards adding them to the 3 sides of the plants that are further away from the sides and possibly adding 54w on each side of soft whites. From what I've seen in the difference in the 2 BB's the cfl's will produce more trichs. We'll see what else we can do with them added. I've got a goal of at least a HP with bigger tops than last run.

Should I start a new journal or just keep this one going for the second run?

:thanks: guys. As for figuring g/w it's going to be tough to get anything but a rough figure. The way I'm looking at it is like this...

I could have fit 2 BB that size under 1 - 126w - so 2x BB yield/126w
I could have fit 3 WW that size under 1- 126w - so 3x WW yield/126w.

Both ways you wind up with around 100g. /126w = .79g/w. Right around what I've seen others do with their HGL lights. I've seen people say after their first run with this light that they think they could increase yield vs. what they got. I'd agree with that. I would say within 2-3 more grows I could max out yield by about another 30%-50% by getting rid of issues and dialing things in. I think a 1 g/w +/- .25 -.5 will be the range you see grows come in at with this light. I'd take anything above a 1.4g/w with a grain of salt and question it and anything below .5g/w a complete f-up. I just don't see the small footprint of this light getting anything more than that. It's a really limiting factor, along with the spectrum mix being a little off from what we are now seeing.

I've been giving thought to the second run and I think I'm going to go at it as making the best of a bad situation. Plenty of others are doing grows with just HGL lights besides the ones already finished. I'm no longer interested in seeing what just 2 - 126w's will do with 5 plants, so I'm going to go ahead and add cfl's for flowering. I haven't decided how many or what watts but I'm leaning towards adding them to the 3 sides of the plants that are further away from the sides and possibly adding 54w on each side of soft whites. From what I've seen in the difference in the 2 BB's the cfl's will produce more trichs. We'll see what else we can do with them added. I've got a goal of at least a HP with bigger tops than last run.

Should I start a new journal or just keep this one going for the second run?

sounds like a legit way of figuring it out. either way it dosent matter if you add them however you want it still dosent equal up to a 400w hps. thats why on the other site she is giving away free lights for someone to do a side x side with her 205w unit against a 400w hps. so i asked her why a 400w hps why not a 600w hps since your light is claimed to be equal to it? then she got all bitchy and made some lame ass reasons. funny she knows a 600w hps will smoke her light...lol

here how the conversation went:
ME:
one question? not to start $hit but shouldnt the 205w test be a 600w side x side since its claimed to be equal to a 600w hps? was their a reason why you want a 400w hps test instead of a 600w hps?

either way i would like to see that 205w unit go up against the PS 180w. that would be an interesting test to see.

HER:

It is due to the footprint size of the light. We recommend using the 205W in a 30"x30" area, although it can support a maximum area of 3' x 3'. A 400W HID has a more comparable footprint to the 205W, allowing for the same number of plants to be grown under each fairly well. It is for this reason that we would prefer it be compared to a 400W.

ME:

but cant you just use a 600w and the same amount of plants and it would be the same? and keep each plant in the same size area. that way it would be a accurate way of testing the yield since the light is compared to a 600w hps. just keep both plants in the same size area. i am sure you will get allot more respect using a 600w HPS for that side x side test, since customers would want to see if the 205w led light would really match a 600w hps yield as claimed. its just a thought to think about.

either way i would like to see these test, and realy like to see the 205w vs 180w, since it will be diff from my test. now your light has the higher watts. be cool to see what happens.

her:

This thread is not about all this Irish, and I think you and I have gone over the HID crap enough... So seriously, let this thread be ON TOPIC, and let people post their applications. It's not for bitching about the parameters of the comparison. Thank you.

what a joke, trying to BS around testing a 600w hps because of the foot print what kind of reason is that. so how is that light equal to a 600w now? should she be wanting to test the 126w aginst a 400w hps not the 205w.

what a joke, trying to BS around testing a 600w hps because of the foot print what kind of reason is that. so how is that light equal to a 600w now? should she be wanting to test the 126w aginst a 400w hps not the 205w.

Makes sense that she used to sell used cars.

Makes sense that she used to sell used cars.

it just makes me mad when i was just asking a legit question, and give a valid reason why i thought it would be fair this way. as she gets all mad, i wasn't trying to start shit. just saying allot more people would find this a better valid test doing it this way since her light was claimed to be equal to. all that dose it just make me have more doubt in her lights. dont get me wrong i would be impressed if she could beat the 400w hps with 205w of leds, but its the point of the claims made on her web site it being = to a 600w hps. but if i am going to spend $700.00 on a light i want to see it beat what its claimed to beat not a 400w with 200w less then whats claimed.

it just makes me mad when i was just asking a legit question, and give a valid reason why i thought it would be fair this way. as she gets all mad, i wasn't trying to start shit. just saying allot more people would find this a better valid test doing it this way since her light was claimed to be equal to. all that dose it just make me have more doubt in her lights. dont get me wrong i would be impressed if she could beat the 400w hps with 205w of leds, but its the point of the claims made on her web site it being = to a 600w hps. but if i am going to spend $700.00 on a light i want to see it beat what its claimed to beat not a 400w with 200w less then whats claimed.

The game goes tell people well it will even out when I beat their yield. Than when the yield doesn't hold up she'll find another reason why. Like a broken record already, some just haven't caught up.

The game goes tell people well it will even out when I beat their yield. Than when the yield doesn't hold up she'll find another reason why. Like a broken record already, some just haven't caught up.

many of us have tried to tell others with our grows what they can do, but yet allot of people still believe the hype. i don't get it? but thats fine because i now see the truth and have seen it with my own eyes. if you cfl yield is close that will be very clear how her light works. because ur cfl shouldn't even have a chance up against those lights.

I agree guys!

This shit is crazy! Where does all of this take place Irish? lol. Nuts! Wasted time and energy on all of our behalves. When will we know the CFL yield?

Sorry guys, just blabbing on.

peaces!

-Go

Last one goes Chop.

I couldn't get wet weights. The big colas had not way of weighing unless I chopped them up. Closest I got was 75g for one but I had to hold part of in up to get on the scale. Not very accurate at all.

up-12-19.jpg

up-12-19-2.jpg

only thing I could find for size was the lamp, those 2 tops are the thickest 2 tops of any plants.
up-12-19-3.jpg

up-12-19-4.jpg

First off, the question of the thread. I am starting on my second grow even though my first is not finished. I have been debating wether to start a second thread for that grow or continue my current one. I have come to the conclusion that I will just continue my thread indefinately throughout the grows. I watch other peoples grows, and some of them start a second journal for there second grow. I end up having to keep up on two threads instead of one. Also, i think the following will be greater because you already have tons of friends subscribed to this grow. It will make it easy for them to continue to watch. Just my thought.

Second, about the 205 Watt LED. What is the website where you can get the free one to do a side by side? I have 400 watt HPS / MH, as well as Procyon 100 LEDS currently. I would be willing to use my smaller tent to host a side by side to prove or disprove that new light, since my bigger tent will still give me my yield I need either way. I will be compltely unbiased, and go for just a final gram per watt on each, and I take tons of pics, if you have seen my current thread. I will use two clones from the same plant that are exactly the same size to start with, and put them in the same Deep Water Culture containers with a single reservior to make sure they get exactly the same nutes. If she is interested that is. I have already spent 1100 on LED's and have not been impressed, so am not willing to spend more without the proof. Can you hit me up with that link? I will even let you (the viewers) decide in a vote all of the environmental factors and genetics for the grow. I have over 20 different varieties to choose from. Just a thought.

Third, that last plant definately looks the best. Thats the CFl one right? My current 4 Mother plants that are at 7 weeks right now will in no way get a yield like that, and they are under 2 Procyon 100's and have had CFL's added for the last 2-3 weeks or so.

Cheers

nice chop Scooby, great looking tops. Should have some good weight. Well done buddy
I don't think wet weights mean much, some plants are dry when chopped others aren't, gives a wide spread for estimating dry weight, jmo.

reps if I can.

Back
Top Bottom