Scraps Man Cave

Doing great for your first go.. after you get a good handle on the nutes and the flush, drying properly and a good cure you will be amazed at what your 3rd run will be like. Looks good so far

Doing great for your first go.. after you get a good handle on the nutes and the flush, drying properly and a good cure you will be amazed at what your 3rd run will be like. Looks good so far
Thanks JWG! Yeah, its been fun! I've learned SOO much along the way... I've got the clones I took waiting in line for their time in the grow room

420-magazine-mobile2082494499.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1266656870.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1413040759.jpg

Is that panda film, surrounding all your walls?I Like your setup, been interested in the HPS LED dual setup. Plants looking good!
Thanks Kev! I don't believe its Panada wrap, not really sure though It's just something I picked up from Home Depot. The lights seem to have roughly the same intensity, so I've been able to keep them all pretty much the same distance from the canopy. Helps avoid shadows and things I think...

7-18
Watered the right side plant with a full dose of bloom nutes.
2 gal RO water each with-
10ml- BioThrive Bloom
7.5ml- Calmag
5ml- Bloom

Left side wasn't ready for water yet.

420-magazine-mobile820277792.jpg

I noticed what looks like light burn on a few colas of the right side plant. That's with the lights roughly 13" from the canopy. I kicked them back to 15" which seems to be the sweet spot.

Day 55 of flower:
Watered left side with plain RO water. Trics aren't quite there yet. I'm guessing it'll be about 2 or 3 more days...sooo close!✊

420-magazine-mobile931202403.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1826903760.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1561397538.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1562419208.jpg

420-magazine-mobile71580508.jpg

Your babies are looking dank. I can smell the hashy, earthy treat from my screen! hahaha
Good job, Scrapper! Proud that I'm a part of your thread from the beginning.
It looks like those babies are ready for harvest, BUT it could go a couple more weeks to fatten and ripen the trichs. My experience w/ afghan plants they fatten the last two weeks, so, and only if I were you, I would start flushing now---for 10-15 days until harvest day---so that, as the guys from Greenhouse would say, "you'll have the best tasting cannabis".

Your babies are looking dank. I can smell the hashy, earthy treat from my screen! hahaha
Good job, Scrapper! Proud that I'm a part of your thread from the beginning.
It looks like those babies are ready for harvest, BUT it could go a couple more weeks to fatten and ripen the trichs. My experience w/ afghan plants they fatten the last two weeks, so, and only if I were you, I would start flushing now---for 10-15 days until harvest day---so that, as the guys from Greenhouse would say, "you'll have the best tasting cannabis".
Lol Thanks CB! I've definitely appreciated your comments along the way brother, thanks for hangin out!✊ I'm at the high end of the distributors harvest window now. Been keeping a close eye on these trichomes over the last few days, they're not quite where I think they need to be yet. Getting super excited though for the big harvest day, can't wait to be able to smoke my own, home-grown, ganja!!

Saw some nanners on my left plant, (no surprise there considering it's had some slight lockout the past 3 weeks) so I decided its time to harvest! The plants are at day 58 of flower, trichomes look pretty milky and most of the hairs are orange. I'm super busy this week so the whole process will take me a few days. I'll post pics as I go and be sure to get some yield weights to see how the "trimming experiment" summed up. Stay tuned!

420-magazine-mobile330371525.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1116436753.jpg

Hope I'm trimming them enough I'll have to check out some vids...
420-magazine-mobile409730931.jpg

Looks great but as far as trimming goes you wanna clip it as close to the bud as possible, all them little leaves. Do a proper dry and cure and it will be fire

I've read somewhere that leaving more leaves on for drying prolongs the drying period. The bigger growers in the Emerald Triangle like Sherbert actually hangs the whole plant for drying, with no trimming just yet. Which is actually good if you have the proper conditions in play as a longer drying period helps break down properly all the chemicals and nutes that can cause a funky taste in your flowers.

That's true but really that's why you leave the stems on while they are drying, when the stem snaps instead of bends that's when there ready for the cure, the cure is where it breaks down the chlorophyll, and if you did a good flush before you cut them down it won't have a bunch of chemical taste, did you flush for atleast a week before you cut them down?

That's true but really that's why you leave the stems on while they are drying, when the stem snaps instead of bends that's when there ready for the cure, the cure is where it breaks down the chlorophyll, and if you did a good flush before you cut them down it won't have a bunch of chemical taste, did you flush for atleast a week before you cut them down?
I ran plain water for about the last two weeks. Reeeeaally hoping it ends up being some decent smoke. I lost a couple small nugs to mold, but the rest of it seems to be drying well. They're on day 7 now with the a little bend still in the stems. I'm guessing it'll be another 2-3 days before they'll be ready for jars. I'll have the final weight then...I'm thinking 10oz or so, which works for me!!

Back
Top Bottom