Scrogdawgs 4 X GG#4 In RDWC Under Timber 480SAMS LED

Looking good, great setup. Im running a 24 sams from timber in my small tent and got a custom Prototype fixture from Timber im waiting to install. They are definitely worth every penny. Cant wait to see your results. Dont mind me going to grab a seat while i can. :)

Goodluck!

Testing completed and heres the results I got doing a ppfd comparison of 2 x 400watt MH/HPS lights and 2 - 240w Timber 24SAMS LED lights. Both were tested over a 36" x 36" grid at 12", 18" and 24" above the grid and are represented in the first two charts.

The third chart is an 18" height comparison running both lights at max power on the drivers as displayed in red and green. The third number represents the 240w LED increase in ppfd's over the 400w MH bulbs.

Clearly the LED's out produce the HID's at all points on the grid.

Samsung rates these boards at a max current of 3000ma. My drivers are constant current drivers and max out at 2100ma so theres certainly more current that could be put to them with a bit bigger driver and hence more ppfd's.

Testing completed and heres the results I got doing a ppfd comparison of 2 x 400watt MH/HPS lights and 2 - 240w Timber 24SAMS LED lights. Both were tested over a 36" x 36" grid at 12", 18" and 24" above the grid and are represented in the first two charts.

The third chart is an 18" height comparison running both lights at max power on the drivers as displayed in red and green. The third number represents the 240w LED increase in ppfd's over the 400w MH bulbs.

Samsung rates these boards at a max current of 3000ma. My drivers are constant current drivers and max out at 2100ma so theres certainly more current that could be put to them with a bit bigger driver and hence more ppfd's.

Very nice, full length x 2’ (flower), or x3’ (veg). Major upgrade, too!

Perfect for adding an HLG qb36 (emerson board) on each side, for super maximum visual and flowering effect.

It looks like you might be suited to build a perimeter light like I did.

So Dawg, when do we get to see some plants under your new pieces of the sun?

The clones should be ready for the rdwc in about a week. The roots on 2 of the plants need to develop a little more.

Yo Dawg, i think you’ve seen these emerson boards, but just in case:
D34D560E-6250-45E6-9091-BB289A7A5CF7.jpeg

4AA48F6C-E6CB-489B-A957-CD1C606E9E0D.jpeg

I always over do it, so you may only need 1...or 4! Lol

if interested ask hlg or rapidled.

Thats what I want for flowering. Do you have a part number for those emerson boards?

They also have just the board if you want to diy.

They are always listed as sold out, but they'll make them for you and ship in a week or so, just be sure to call or email them. You can also ask them their recommended coverage area per bd.

Be very, very, very careful with plug socket on the board. It is oh so delicate, i broke two of them just by looking at them the wrong way...
An alternative is this one from rapidled:
Emerson Effect Booster Board

I recommend using them full lightson period during flowering, but not until plants are done with stretch (the far red stimulates stretch).

As for placement, you’ll figure out what works best for your setup. I drilled a couple holes along the edge of the heatsink and screwed them in offset on each side of my 48sams for full 4x4 coverage. They’re a little bendy for standalone, but other guys attach then to something to make them more rigid as standalones. They don’t make enuff heat to require a heatsink, but one could be used to increase rigidity.

Whats up I noticed the Plum Bobs I suspect they are to locate center of the lights ?
but just in case I figured I would ask in case its something else ;)

I had them on there for mapping ppfd on a grid (help control horizontal and vertical positioning). I left them on at 18” from light, to help center 4 plants under them during first grow.

Any object on a string would do the same job, setting ht above tops and then fine tuning with the dimmer.

Sorry hlg qb35, here is link HLG 35

They also have just the board if you want to diy.

They are always listed as sold out, but they'll make them for you and ship in a week or so, just be sure to call or email them. You can also ask them their recommended coverage area per bd.

Be very, very, very careful with plug socket on the board. It is oh so delicate, i broke two of them just by looking at them the wrong way...
An alternative is this one from rapidled:
Emerson Effect Booster Board

I recommend using them full lightson period during flowering, but not until plants are done with stretch (the far red stimulates stretch).

As for placement, you’ll figure out what works best for your setup. I drilled a couple holes along the edge of the heatsink and screwed them in offset on each side of my 48sams for full 4x4 coverage. They’re a little bendy for standalone, but other guys attach then to something to make them more rigid as standalones. They don’t make enuff heat to require a heatsink, but one could be used to increase rigidity.

Btw, it looks like the rapidled version can be modified to do both emerson effect and far red initiator (which supposedly allows either: extended lightson for bigger flowers or 12:12 for shorter flowering period duration).

If you look in the picture above you will see a bar inbetween my lights, this is a standalone growbright far red initiator that runs 1st 15 mins of lightsout. Rapidled also makes a standalone version called the growmau5 initiator puck.

Btw, it looks like the rapidled version can be modified to do both emerson effect and far red initiator (which supposedly allows either: extended lightson for bigger flowers or 12:12 for shorter flowering period duration).

If you look in the picture above you will see a bar inbetween my lights, this is a standalone growbright far red initiator that runs 1st 15 mins of lightsout. Rapidled also makes a standalone version called the growmau5 initiator puck.

I have been using the two Rapidled Far Red Initiator Pucks for the light out
Used an ALTOIDS TIN to attach the puck on and then put the Magnet
inside so its now a Mag Base & simply stuck to sides my light hood

Back
Top Bottom