Second Grow Attempt - Purple Kush

Update

Took a peek, moved soil gently to see what was happening underneath, and one of my seedlings looks lazy...

image3402.jpeg

Update

Made a modification to the box, covered up the intake fan about half way. Preheated the box, it's sitting at 25.0 degrees Celsius, and around 28% humidity

Put the seedlings in there...hope to see some progress tonight

Did you move them out of the Dark? Are they getting light now?

Looks like that baby is trying to make a life for it's self.

Hope she turns out nice for you.

It is, going to see what it's like in the morning...don't want to stress it out

Gave them a light sprinkle today as the soil was dry. Should be good now for a few days!

Update

Checked on the cups this morning. The one that was leaned over has started standing on her own (yay!). The other one is still stubborn and is not sprouting (boooooo!).

Temps this morning were a little high

Celsius: 27.1
Farenheit: 80.78
Humidity: Low

Added some water to the dishes so the towels inside can make for more of a humid environment

Update

Woke up this morning, weighed the cup and gave it a bit of water

Checked in on her after, temps are a little warm (24 Celsius), humidity low (this is starting to irritate me). Starting to think the thermometer isn't picking it up properly

Filled up the dishes and moistened the towels

I think she's happy!

image3554.jpeg

Thanks!! I'll take your word on that

It's tough when you read so many different articles on growing. Glad I can rely on people with experience!

My concern is the humidity factor. When I open the grow box I feel water coming out at the bottom...so I know it's humid in there lol. It's just not showing up on the thermometer

Yea its tough to control humidity without using machines. In the winter here I rarely see mine go up pass 40% but the plants still grow they just dry up faster.

I don't know if you can control your fan speeds but I think you'd get better humidity by venting less. You got room to spare on temperature.

For the fans, I can't unfortunately...

What I can do is cover the intake/exhaust halfway and see if that helps. Since I can go up to 28 Celsius I'm not as worried by doing that!

I'm struggling with humidity myself at the moment in my seedling cabinet. What I have done to remedy the situation is put my intake fan on a timer and only run it every few hours so it replaces air inside cabinet with fresh air. It drops the humidity when it comes on but as soon as it turns off it goes right back to 55. My flower room is sitting at 33 which also a little low but I'd rather have that then to high.

Another thing to consider is getting a humidifier and place it a few feet from your intake fan.

How is the RH in your house?

Looks like your seedlings are on the right path. I bet they will be fine.

Update

Yielding positive results! Box temp remains at 24.1 Celsius, also just covered up the fans. Hoping this helps with humidity issues

She's starting to look good! Noticing the leaves have started growing out more

image3584.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom