Seedlings Help

867530noine

420 Member
First grow and just a couple days ago these gals were looking amazing. What is going on here. Help ya boy out
BC8C8028-121E-4E27-997B-5C274325337B.jpeg

8FC316A0-7999-476F-B2FC-6CE0E873EF81.jpeg

A31C0554-C570-4B2B-9B90-89665F82BDDE.jpeg

F833BAE4-419D-43EE-BB5C-2E746A560D03.jpeg
f

What have you feed them?
What are you growing in soil and bark does it come pre charged?
Also your lights/light how far and what wattage?
I ask this because the stretching and how they look over watered but stil under feed.
Also best advice i give to any one new wait for a few people to chime in and dont react strraight away to what you hear first.

Welcome to the mad house my friend im sure someone else will be along with there thoughts :)

What have you feed them?
What are you growing in soil and bark does it come pre charged?
Also your lights/light how far and what wattage?
I ask this because the stretching and how they look over watered but stil under feed.
Also best advice i give to any one new wait for a few people to chime in and dont react strraight away to what you hear first.

Welcome to the mad house my friend im sure someone else will be along with there thoughts :)
Honestly I just went a simple bag aoil nothing special as I wasn’t sure how old the seeds were. These were given to me not purchased. Was planning on buying some nutrients but when they turned to what you see above I didn’t want to waste the money. Originally I did have the light pretty far away and then they shut up over night.

it could be a number of things. you haven't given enough info on just the pics alone.

go through this and give us the rundown so we can help.

Light is a starter light about 100w LED
I have not fed them anything other than bottled water and any nutrients that would be in the soil itself.
The soil is just a basic indoor potting soil.
Drainage should be good with the pots they are in as they have nice sizing holes. I also put a little gravel in the bottom just to be sure drainage wasn’t going to be an issue

Light is a starter light about 100w LED

ok for seedlings but they need better light fast.

I have not fed them anything other than bottled water and any nutrients that would be in the soil itself.

get proper nutes

The soil is just a basic indoor potting soil.

use proper cannabis specific media. kitten brand junk / miracle kill etc rarely works out decent.

Drainage should be good with the pots they are in as they have nice sizing holes. I also put a little gravel in the bottom just to be sure drainage wasn’t going to be an issue

the media itself is suspect. if it isn't balanced for cannabis you're putting yourself behind the 8-ball.

ok for seedlings but they need better light fast.

get proper nutes

use proper cannabis specific media. kitten brand junk / miracle kill etc rarely works out decent.

the media itself is suspect. if it isn't balanced for cannabis you're putting yourself behind the 8-ball.
Great advice ;)

Advice on good light that won’t break the bank? No need for a fancy one of these don’t come back

Check out the sponsors mate.

My choice would be for a starter light which would have no problem growing one big lady.
OR a few smaller ones would be the p100 or XS1500 PRO by ViparSpectra.
OR Mars hydro ts600 , a GOOD 100 watt light to 150 watt will grow you some good bud.
Just check the true draw some zon lights might say 100/150 watt but there not.

Advice on good light that won’t break the bank? No need for a fancy one of these don’t come back

i think i'd backtrack and start with better media and nute choices first thing. at present they won't survive long enough for another light to make a difference.

they may be able to recover under the light you have, depending on what you are running, if you address the other issues.

edit : otherwise scratch this, start from the beginning with new seed, and we'll guide you. :)

i think i'd backtrack and start with better media and nute choices first thing. at present they won't survive long enough for another light to make a difference.

they may be able to recover under the light you have, depending on what you are running, if you address the other issues.

edit : otherwise scratch this, start from the beginning with new seed, and we'll guide you. :)
That’s what I was thinking too. Get a couple new seeds maybe a better light and start over. Spending all that money on a possibility these may recover. I’ll try some outdoor light from the sun while it’s cool enough in the morning here in AZ

That’s what I was thinking too. Get a couple new seeds maybe a better light and start over. Spending all that money on a possibility these may recover. I’ll try some outdoor light from the sun while it’s cool enough in the morning here in AZ

with a little planning it's not that hard. everyone starts somewhere. make use of the knowledge base and resources here. loads of folk will help.

you don't have to give up on the current plants if you don't want to. i always encourage newer growers to try run everything to finish for the experience.

even failing at this stuff gives you a lot of info you can use to get better. the only failure is not trying.

Hey @867530noine and welcome to the forum!

I agree.. that potting soil looks barely composted (or not composted) ground up tree bark!

You could try Fox Farm Happy Frog potting soil, and use their liquid nutes for veg and flower. Dunno where you are, but it's common to find Fox Farm at ACE Hardware. There are other options as well.

good luck and happy growing! 🌱

Was planning on buying some nutrients but when they turned to what you see above I didn’t want to waste the money.
@bluter mentions, "...you don't have to give up on the current plants if you don't want to. i always encourage newer growers to try run everything to finish for the experience."

Use these as the experiment. Buy a bag of a known quality potting soil and transplant into this new soil which is a good practice for those who have no experience in transplanting seedlings or any plant for that matter. Buy some fertilizers from a decent and respected company and start to feed them using the recommended schedule the company provides.

The soil is reusable and it should cost less than 50 cents of fertilizer to find out if the plants are starting to recover. What is learned by trying to save these plants is worth a whole lot more. Seeds are expensive for starters. If this same sort of problem shows up with those seeds then the attempts to save these seedlings will have been worth it.

What you do is up to you but "practice makes perfect" as the old saying goes.

Back
Top Bottom