Shizzy's Super Soil Grow Take 1 -Like a Virgin Mix- Purple Skunk- SIS- Blueberry x JH

Re: Shizzy's Super Soil Grow Take 1 -Like a Virgin Mix- Purple Skunk- SIS- Blueberry

I am from Alpha Centauri you know the Wailers are all aliens!!

:peace:

Re: Shizzy's Super Soil Grow Take 1 -Like a Virgin Mix- Purple Skunk- SIS- Blueberry

iRIE MON

Those first two pics (after the fan leaf) look like male flowers.......

I was just about to say what OG13 said.

95% sure those are males.

Yeah that is definitely one of the ones that I believe is a male. There are about seven or eight I feel may be but obviously going to wait until fully able to be sexed. Thanks good looking out OG13! :thanks: there are several plants so I hope to get a few females.

95% a couple days in......you are good! I am a little nervous to be that confident I am green around the gills....pun intended...lol

in 1-3 more days itll be really obvious if it is a male.

you know shizz I should give up a hundred reps for thinking that you did not relize that your girls wernt all girls.
I forgot that you were still somewhat new to the game! but as everyone said thats a man baby

Yeah Shizzy dont end up like Fishy did on one drunken night in Mexico, when his senorita by night became his amigo by day :D. Get rid of the balls hehe.

Its actually cause I dont wanna kill any of my plants I am in denial even though I know Jimmys right.....I get so invested in stuff....

Re: Shizzy's Super Soil Grow Take 1 (Like a Virgin mix) Purple Skunk, SIS, Blueberry

So the seeds are regular seeds, and were sown on August 8th. Being my first grow, I decided to plop the seeds direct in the soil....no paper towels or shot glasses tons of water or anything, I thoroughly moistened the soil, left enough water to touch the bottoms of the cups applied a humidity dome and a heating pad with towels buffering the heat. The next morning I dumped out the rest of the water that was touching the cups, the goal here was to accelerate the germination and I am damn proud at how well my experiment worked. I had a 89% germ rate on seeds that had been in a freezer god knows how long, not to mention they germed, some of them, in less than 48 hours!!! I deem that a success. Once the first plants broke ground the dome came off and the fun began. I germinated more than I needed anticipating males and some problem plants. Four have been culled due to under performance or retarded or malformed growth. A couple that had odd growth I kept because their vigor and health was outstanding and the growth normalized quickly. The germ space was kept at 90° F and an RH of 70%, which was fine because the dome bumped me to the proper %. The last few seedlings popped after 6 days so not all were super fast germinators....lol "All be bock!!!"

Today the first to pop are 27 days old and the last 21, during the first nute feeding, even though I kept the ppm quite low, two plants, (out of 24) struggled just a touch by frowning with their leaves.....no discoloration or anything but I am about 90% sure it was a touch of the burn.....no biggie new growth is super vigorous and healthy. I will start with the youngest pics get everyone up to speed and then will keep everything up to date from here on out...... Thanks for coming by!! :thanks:

Pics will be up shortly as I need to get them in the gallery first.........

Fishy I think you misunderstood my post here is my original post which explains that sowing regular seeds that I was aware there would be males. Sorry for any confusion.

could always keep a male and collect the pollen and make your own seeds, ive done this with the kiwi seeds male and reserva privada sour kush, i put the pollen on that female and i got me some seeds in the making

checking for balls is one of the first things i do when i meet a girl....

Shizznizzle,
Damn I was so impressed with the fan leaves I did not notice what the experts did! I need to looking closer! I agree with DP. Make some extra seed.

Well so if I keep em though I gotta find another room in the house for the ol lady to let me confiscate. I do want to breed badly!! I just have to talk to the wife and get a room for them. I am super interested in altering genetics through selective breeding and creating stocks of seed that could be lost in the future of indigineous and landrace strains. I would much rather do selective breeding. What precautions would be necessary to avoid pollen conamination amongst plants separated by drywall and doors?? Is it necessary to fully seal the room they are in? :thanks:

Thats right nugman grab the crotch!!!

And just because I dont understand...is the one that you all saw is it safe to condemn that plant? Only reason I ask is because I had heard it was necessary to wait. Jimmy fishie you guys are fantastic for helping a guy out. I have heard and read that plants can show false signs of sex and shit I had no idea the organs could mature in five days!! So I will start getting an area together. If I can how much more time is that plant saffe there?

Well so if I keep em though I gotta find another room in the house for the ol lady to let me confiscate. I do want to breed badly!! I just have to talk to the wife and get a room for them. I am super interested in altering genetics through selective breeding and creating stocks of seed that could be lost in the future of indigineous and landrace strains. I would much rather do selective breeding. What precautions would be necessary to avoid pollen conamination amongst plants separated by drywall and doors?? Is it necessary to fully seal the room they are in? :thanks:

you wont need to keep them long if you want pollen. maybe a week or less they will open. not good if they are in with the girls.
you may be able to put them in a dark closet for a day or to to get those nanners to pop.then you can get the pollen in a ziplock and use when you want too. but they pop quick so you need to decide if you are going to breed on purpose or accident:)
Just keep an eye on him

Back
Top Bottom