Shot Adrenaline and Pakistan Ryder My First Journal

Shorty continues to develop slowly, day 73, and she's the last one left. I gave her 2 tbsp of tiger bloom, and 1 tbsp of roots organics guano yesterday, but I fear she may have root issues. I will need that room soon, so I wish she would hurry! She has a nitrogen def, which is normal at this stage, and she has cloudy trichs, no amber yet. Maybe the feeding will help, just have to wait and see, I guess. She is only 7 inches tall, but she her main cola is 4 1/2 inches.
20130824_203356.jpg
20130824_203408.jpg
20130824_203413.jpg
20130824_203450.jpg
20130824_203459.jpg
20130824_203515.jpg

I'm thinking about letting Shorty go hermie, and collecting some pollen, but she is not swelling anymore, and hasn't shown any new growth in like a week. I do need that space though, so I might cut her down when my beans get here, so I can clean up, and modify a little.

Shorty's trichs are about 10% amber, but the buds are just not swelling anymore, very skimpy indeed. Thinking about making hash with most of it, and just smoking the larger buds, which are still only like 1 gram apiece, maybe. The pot is getting light, soil is dry a few inches down, so she is taking the nutes well. She is 54 days into flower, and her sister was pulled like 10 days ago, and was only 2 days older. Nothing but fresh water tomorrow, then she has to go soon, I really need that space.

I tied shorty way down a couple days ago, and today there is some beautiful new growth on the lower bud sites. I chopped the top half of her today, after I examined her, and found about 45% amber. The bottom half only has about 10% amber, and all the lower sites have popcorn, with mostly white pistils, and the leaves look very healthy on them. The yellow leaves you see is from the N def, but it has not progressed. I fed her with 2 tablespoons of molasses, mixed in 1 gallon of water, then adjusted to ph 6.0, so we'll see what she looks like when I get back from my weekend trip. I'm thinking high temps may have affected her more than the other girls, and that's why she was stunted. Hope she swells more, she looks very skinny right now.
20130829_212047.jpg
20130829_212101.jpg
20130829_212120.jpg

I'm back from my trip early, and I came home to find seed pods in some of Shorty's buds, but there are no nanners to be found. I now know why the flowers are so skimpy, can't believe I didn't notice before. I can't tell if there are any fully developed seeds, but if there are, would they be feminized, if the plant started out female? She had no male parts when she showed sex, and I guess the heat really got to her, stunted her, and then she turned.

hi mate, buds look great,

the seed pods might be just swollen up, have you gently squeezed them to check if their hard inside, if their hard inside then their is seeds in their,
some times the plants self polinate from the inside out, ive found seeds in a couple of plants with no signs of it going hermie, sometimes the bananas grow inside the buds and release the pollen then die, so you just get the seeds, also you might find you have pollen sacs but their out of site, if you check where the seeds are then look above where the seeds are as the pollen falls down onto the buds, the pollen sacs are usually hidden behind leaves at the nodes,

if it has self polinated and their is no way it could of get pollen from a male then the seeds should be 100% femenised, that does not mean they will all be female, their is always a chance some will be male but not very likely, so sounds like you got femenised seeds for future grows,

it depends how old the seeds are though, you need to make sure their ripe enough before you pull them out the buds, when the buds drying the seeds will still develop to a small degree, if you have a few seed pods with seeds in then pop one open and see how the seed looks, or carefully scrape the seed pod open slightly so you can see the seed, if it looks a brown colour then the seeds are pretty much done and the plant can be harvested, if their still green or light green then they need longer to develop but you can harvest the rest of the plant and just leave the buds with seeds in on the plant until they have developed more,

but ive got seeds that are a green colour and they grow ok, ive harvested plants in the past thinking the seeds where done and found some where still a bit green, but after drying the buds and then collecting the seeds i tried planting them and they grew ok, just leave the seeds in the pods until the buds are dry and ready for cureing, dont pul the seeds out just after harvest or while the buds are drying as it just makes a mess and leaving them till the bud is dry will allow the seeds to develop more,

sorry i didnt get back to you sooner but im subbed to way to many journals and takes a while to get round them all, if you need to get hold of me quicker just drop me a pm and ill come to your journal and see whats going on, it just takes a while to get caught up with all the journals,

hope everythis going ok

Thanks dp I am about to cut the buds with no seeds, and I turned the big cfl off, now Shorty is under a single 42 watt 2700K lamp, so the seeds can develop. They are still light green in color, but I will keep a watchful eye on them. Should I turn the big cfl back on, or is 2700 lumens from the 42 watt enough for the seeds to develop?

After closer inspection, I discovered that Shorty has no female parts at all. I can't believe I didn't notice this before, but the plant has now been chopped, and when completely dry, I should get a nice amount of hash.

so its completely male, you wont get much off a male if anything at all.

the seeds will develop under a small light so as long as their is light they will still develop, they develop after harvest also but if their green then id leave them in the plant and leave them growing for another week or 2, i find seeds take anything from 4 to 6 weeks for be ready, if yours are a decent size and green then chances are you got around 7 to 14 days left until their brown and ready to be harvested,

when you do harvest the plant dont take the seeds out the buds while the buds are fresh, let them dry out as its a right mess trying to get the seeds out of fresh buds, once their dry they pretty much fall out of the buds,

ive just turned one of my plants to seed today, i just pollenated all the buds on a kc45 auto so i can get another load of auto seeds from it, ive pollenated it now in early flower and ill pollenate it again in around 2 weeks if it hasnt all pollenated first time round,

Ok guys I got about a gram of hash from shorty, and the top bud had very few seeds, so I dried and am curing it. Just used the ice method for the hash, but I really want to get some mesh, and make a shaker. There's a couple of print shops around here, so should be able to get some screen, just haven't stopped in there yet. This journal is pretty much finished, unless you guys can think of something I left out?

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, don't forget to start a journal here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Thank you very much 420 girl, I was about to message an admin, just hadn't got around to it yet. I do have another journal up, and I will post a stain review as well. Thank you for helping to make this site so amazing :420: rocks!

Thanks carl, I have a 2 gallon smart pot on deck for the next round, and will probably ditch that for a 3 gallon. They're closing the hydro store nearest to me, and I'm hoping they have a sale! My space is very limited, like 3x3, So 5 gallon pots are not an option for either. Btw king, sorry if I mislead you, the invite was for the people who have subbed to your journal, as you had so graciously already subbed, and thanks again for your infinite wisdom. I just took these pics of my oldest girl's (Athena) trichs.
20130816_184550.jpg
20130816_184541.jpg
20130816_184535.jpg
20130816_184432.jpg
20130816_184427.jpg
20130816_184418.jpg
20130816_184327.jpg
20130816_184214.jpg

Beautiful!!!!!

i love the looks of it i have 2 auto flowering female ryders in with a blueberry that is not auto flowering and i did not change my light cycle yet i still have it at 18 on 6 off is it going to hurt my ryders because they r coming along nice

Back
Top Bottom