Should I be measuring ppm, soil grow

The70’s

My grow seems to be fine, just wondering is this should be in my routines, and would require a tester…..

Im in my 5th week of flower

1661220860890.jpeg

Would using dry amendments make any difference to your opinion
I think you mean top dressing with dry fertilizers, and that's a common practice.

I measure my organic ferts using a tablespoon for small quantities, and a pint jar for large quantities (for rough measure of 2 cup, 1 cup, 1/2 cup).

When I make a batch of my custom soil mix, or recycle some soil, I measure out dry ferts this way. I also use water-soluble dry ferts, mixed into water, as a drench. I typically don't do top dressing with dry ferts – I use a high-N liquid fert and water-soluble potassium/sulfur -or- potassium/magnesium/sulfur.

I bought PPM tester, just to see how bad my water actually was, and it turned out to be terrible. So I end up having to flush my plants a couple times, my PPM's out the tap used to run about 1400 to 2400 PPM's, heavy in Ca, Mg, Fe. On a new community well now, but the PPM's still run about 850 PPM's. If you're on Municipal water you should be able to access the water quality reports and see what your base water is. All that said, your plants looks great, I wouldn't change anything and in your case I believe a PPM meter is unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom