SkooterClowns - CFL Papaya Grow

Got ya, Yea thinking about a papaya scrog next go around. I really enjoy that strain all round and would like to see a run through my system with it. It stinks no doubt, the GHS TW doesnt at all. It would be a good strain for someone worried about that.

Hey dogstick thanks for stopping by. Ya none of those are Papaya. They didn't make it so we have these four going. Name of the thread is misleading. Your girl looks great. We'll be tackling the Papaya again some time in April. That's when we should be back in "normal" production under HID.

MoutainHigh. Yeah they are definitely taking to their new environment. The last pictures up are from yesterday. The new roots are coming in nicely. Took some time for them to start but we expect faster results going forward. We need to more carefully monitor the PH level so far this time. We're not sure why it is spiking during this grow. Never happened before. Nothing major to worry about though.

Rofl, my bad, you did similar pictures to last time and my brain put 2 and 2 together and got 6.....why is that one root so brown, is that nutes? (curiousity cuz I am going bubbler sometime). :grinjoint:

:peace:

*Hey skooter, in my funniest clown voice*

BLACKSTRAP!

Got ya, Yea thinking about a papaya scrog next go around. I really enjoy that strain all round and would like to see a run through my system with it. It stinks no doubt, the GHS TW doesnt at all. It would be a good strain for someone worried about that.

dogstick....Our next grow, as skooter said, will be in april and we will be back using our HID lights (I can't wait)...we will have new and bigger grow tubs, A Bigger and better air pump and MORE ROOM...(I am excited!)

We are talking about setting up two rooms with one tub with a different strain in each room and six plants in each tub/room. On our first grow we plan on papaya in one room but I forget what we decided on the second room but I want to say white widow?..Oder isn't really too much of a problem for us as we have a great ventilation set up there. (except on harvest day then the whole place stinks)

Ok, well we feel we have enough roots now to go to bud so we did a mix change last night to a bloom mix and started the 36hrs dark we put them in at the start of 12/12. This lets them know in no uncertain terms that it's time to start to bud...

The roots are so dark because of the Floralicious Plus....we stopped using it for now and will begin using it again for about the last 4 weeks of bloom...this way we can keep a better eye on the health of the roots....we've had so many problems with this grow that we want to go back to basics just to get through it....

anyway.....here are the pictures....

DSC023361.JPG
DSC023371.JPG

DSC023381.JPG
DSC023391.JPG

Day 19 since transplant to hydro 18/6
PPM - 1300
Ph - 5.2
GH Bloom mix week2 (we decided to eliminate the Floralicious Plus for right now and will add it near the end of flowering)

dogstick....Our next grow, as skooter said, will be in april and we will be back using our HID lights (I can't wait)...we will have new and bigger grow tubs, A Bigger and better air pump and MORE ROOM...(I am excited!)

We are talking about setting up two rooms with one tub with a different strain in each room and six plants in each tub/room. On our first grow we plan on papaya in one room but I forget what we decided on the second room but I want to say white widow?..Oder isn't really too much of a problem for us as we have a great ventilation set up there. (except on harvest day then the whole place stinks)

Sweet that sounds like a good plan. Are you guys going to journal your next grow also? Papaya and white widow count me in.

dogstick - We will be journaling the build out of the room and tents etc. along with the grow. We are looking forward to getting back to our ideal set up. With what we learned growing under CFL we should be looking at a really nice situation when we get that up and going. We can't wait.

It's the second day of 12/12...

They came out of the dark looking good...roots are exploding and lots of new growth...

The BF (right front) looks like it is going to be a little bush while the Afghani (right back) seems to taken a little longer to recover from the transplant...with the BF looking so good and looking like it's going to take over that half of the box we might pull the Afghani in the next day or two....

took a couple of quick pics....sorry about the flash..
DSC023401.JPG

DSC023411.JPG

DSC02342.JPG

Hey there clowns!!! Glad to see your babies are getting ready to go crazy.

Everything is looking great. Will be watching the foliage explosion :grinjoint:

:peace: from the mountains +rep guys!

Best wishes on your Flowering! Looks like a great grow. I'll be keeping an eye on it. One day I'll have to try hydropnics. For someone like me that's been tooling around in soil, hydroponics seems even very complicated. Reps on the grow and I remember checking out your other grow when you set the corner closet up.

Sup woodsman
I was reading about the use of molasses
Im not sure how much to use when iI feed my 6 girls that are 3rd week 12/12 in dirt.:slide:
Im sorry if you told us about it I just couldnt find the mix. If you have it listed somewere let me know
Thanks

YO Skoot and Slappy
They are not looking bad. Glad to see you getting thru. I bet when you get to the next grow that those other papayas you said you took will be ready for you. It will be alittle less stresful when you have some to go next.:cheer:
I have my 6 girls 3 weeks 12/12 in dirt and they are doing great. I have that mixed strain Blue Fuck and they are on time.

Sup woodsman
Im not sure how much to use when iI feed my 6 girls that are 3rd week 12/12 in dirt.:slide:
Im sorry if you told us about it I just couldnt find the mix. If you have it listed somewere let me know
Thanks

I personally use 1 - 3 Tbsp per gallon (don't measure it as it is messy, pour right into jug). :smokin:

Sup woodsman
Thanks

I personally use 1 - 3 Tbsp per gallon (don't measure it as it is messy, pour right into jug). :smokin:

sparkalicious, pretty much as MountainHigh says. I have used 1-2 tbsp per gallon of distilled water. It is 'very' sticky LOL. When I pour it into the gallon jug, it goes right to the bottom and I've got to shake it like crazy to mix it up! Eventually it dissolves. I'm sure if the water is warmed up a bit it would be easier, but in room temp water it is like mentioned above.

Sup woodsman
Thanks

Oh ya, If you alternate between fert (one week) and just water the next time, I use it only with the plain water application. So like every other time.

Woodsman and Mountainhigh,:adore: Thanks. Do you think it helps or what are the benfits.
I mostly have been using dry fert that I mix with 5.8 to 6.5 water and most of it is a guess. I sorta just do the N P K and watch to see what they need(they allways tell me I just have to pay attention). Its nice to have a network of people that feel the same way about growing as I. My wife says thats all I think about...??...?? Sure @ least I rememberd your birthday this year. HA ha
My next one will be hydro and Im gonna need all of you. Now that i am 47 I have to try somthing new. GRREAT what am I thinking
Making baked beans for the first time from scatch. Hungry
You all enjoy the eve Im going to fire up the bong and have dinner.

Mountainhigh I going to go to Steamboat area and do some backcountry skiing @ Buffs pass. I love it there I have alot of friend out there and I try to go a couple tmes a year and rip it up. Lot of nice herb out there

Back
Top Bottom