Skybound's Journal

you no the other day I didn't really answer you about the lithothamnium the reason im adding it is because the soil im using roots 707 is light in the cal mag area so every grow I have those problems these lights suck it out of the plants im hoping adding this to the soil will end that problem I added an lb. to 6 cu. ft. of soil and its supposed to be good for several grows im tired of buying so much soil im going to try amending and reusing for at least one more grow ok that's enough bs from me lol!

If you still get problems, consider shaving off K and Mg from the original amendment recipe. Those are calcium's biggest antagonists. Lots of P can also be problematic, but in that case the soil microbes can later rescue both the Ca and P.

Haha, sorry sky I thought I was at weasel place. :rofl: I'm high AF

I don't mind if y'all bust it up on my porch. It aint like I won't jump in it if I can.

Earlier I smoked a cone with a friend that was coated with oil and dusted with keif. Really had me in a fog :laughtwo:

That would body me, total flat line. I would 100% fall out and might not make it back, lol. Happy trails though!

Printed halo for watering around the trunk, also a little spray head.

Halo.jpg

I just noticed your plants some in soil some in something else the one in soil looks greener! :D

My first batch, I achieved the numbers with mostly salts. That said, I supplemented soft rock phosphate with ammonium phosphate, the latter being a salt and immediately available. It would be nice if I can get through the first round with no toxicities. I finally got my order and have mixed up the 2nd batch, this time using the correct amendments that require soil microbes to ionize. I hope to survive the first batch, but I hope to thrive in the 2nd batch. The soil plant does appear a tad greener I suppose. It, and the other plant in the middle of the 4 are both Pineapple Chunk from the same set of clones, so it makes a great comparrison. Both have too much space between the nodes and is now very leggy in bloom. Perhaps she's too many generations away from the original seed plant.

My first batch, I achieved the numbers with mostly salts. That said, I supplemented soft rock phosphate with ammonium phosphate, the latter being a salt and immediately available. It would be nice if I can get through the first round with no toxicities. I finally got my order and have mixed up the 2nd batch, this time using the correct amendments that require soil microbes to ionize. I hope to survive the first batch, but I hope to thrive in the 2nd batch. The soil plant does appear a tad greener I suppose. It, and the other plant in the middle of the 4 are both Pineapple Chunk from the same set of clones, so it makes a great comparrison. Both have too much space between the nodes and is now very leggy in bloom. Perhaps she's too many generations away from the original seed plant.
lol just took me 2 days to get back I have noticed some plants that I have cloned several times was changed slightly from the original it is a good comparison were these some of the ones that were switched around with there feed maybe that could be reason for the leggy idk.! :)

It explains the value of adding volcanic rock to soil and how that stimulates the microbes, water retention, nutrient uptake and worms. FWIW, the volcanic rock is one of the things in one of the soil amendments I believe DB uses in his kit. The product that has it is called "Soil Mender Minerals Plus" and it has 7% Ca, 5% Fe, 1%Mg and trace minerals.
What kind of volcanic rock do you use ? Do you use the "Soil Mender Mineral Plus" ?

Printed halo for watering around the trunk, also a little spray head.

Halo.jpg
I Love that, Dam I need you to print out one Lol, I bet it works Great I would love to have one of those.

What kind of volcanic rock do you use ? Do you use the "Soil Mender Mineral Plus" ?

Yes, Minerals Plus as the primary amendment and Planter's II as the transplant powder.

I Love that, Dam I need you to print out one Lol, I bet it works Great I would love to have one of those.

HERE's a link to all of my grower designs. The printed halo above is an updated design so if you have access to a printer, LMK and I'll update the design to include the revision that has the barb pointed up at a 45º angle.

Yes, Minerals Plus as the primary amendment and Planter's II as the transplant powder.
Do you have a good place to get the"Soil Mender Mineral Plus" ? I looked on line but the shipping was Bad, it cost more then the product.

Do you have a good place to get the"Soil Mender Mineral Plus" ? I looked on line but the shipping was Bad, it cost more then the product.

Shipping killed me too. I just bit the bullet and assumed the near one time cost to get enough amendment to amend roughly 10-20 bales which IMO can be construed as a lifetime supply. FWIW, the cost of the products @ Custom Hydro is dirt cheap and they have almost everything needed in one place, it just seemed the very best option for me. Also note, that most of these products are chems which require all sorts of safety precautions to transport and as such some of the shipping boxes have placards stickered on the sides of the boxes which alone will substantially increase shipping costs. If you're not in the lower 48, you might be able to find the SM-MP on Amazon and maybe skirt the insane shipping costs, otherwise you might be able to find a garden center in your country that can help.

I suggest you hold off for the winter to see how I fare in my grow with these products. This way you can save up, and if my studies lead me down a safe path, I will compile a BOM that I used with weights and measures of each, then you can decide if it's worth your time to get all or part of the things I'm using. IMO, the destination is what's most important, not the path we each take to get there.

Back
Top Bottom