SleepDog’s Sour OG, Sherbert Kush & Bubba Kush: Soilless Grow Journal 2019

Another quick question if you don’t mind @Mj76, should I be putting calmax in every jug of water I give to the ladies or only during feeding time? I am not sure if this stuff goes bad or loses it’s potency over time, but, if that is the case it would explain the calcium as one of its deficiencies. I can’t get any until I get back next week so I will just up it a little now and the one feeding I leave for caretaker to give on schedule.

That's a really good question..... Idk if you've heard that led's cause Calcium deficiencies but it's true and I think the stronger the light, the worse it gets. So once the deficiencies are resolved, I would add it on feed days. I say this because if you were to include on water days, you'd then have to use more ph down to get it into the desired range. So it's no longer a water day, depending on your choice of acid. I use both phosphoric and citric myself. For your maintenance dose, I'd start at 1/2 tsp ish per gal. Don't be suprised if she wants a tsp per, it's totally possible.

I think I read and saw a pic somewhere that said smaller lower branch leaves may curl up looking like an excess of nitrogen and not a cal deficiency. I may be wrong I have been reading so much about all this and there is too much to handle so far. I’m just taking baby steps into nutes and now realize my steps may have been to small to take care of such a nice looking plant. I just hope I haven’t messed it up. Buds still seem to be packing up now.

Another thing comes to mind now as well. I was away last week and my caretaker didn’t do their job as well as I hoped and I know for a fact one night it was half hour late lights out as well as not watering it like I asked. The next day it was all drooping and then didn’t get nearly enough water to wet all the soil properly. Could this have led to a lot of roots dying off and now having a hard time supplying plant?
If this could be the problem am I now causing a bigger problem by over feeding it?

@Mj76, the purpling leaves may be because my room gets pretty cool at night i I still haven’t got an exhaust fan I trust to get the RH down at night. In the day it is around 76-79 •f and a RH of 40-50 and at night it gets to about 63-66•f and a RH sometimes over 80. Thank god this Sour OG strain is good for Mold resilience and can tolerate a higher RH. I will fix that when I get back.

I think I read and saw a pic somewhere that said smaller lower branch leaves may curl up looking like an excess of nitrogen and not a cal deficiency. I may be wrong I have been reading so much about all this and there is too much to handle so far. I’m just taking baby steps into nutes and now realize my steps may have been to small to take care of such a nice looking plant. I just hope I haven’t messed it up. Buds still seem to be packing up now.
Curling leaves isn't a sign of a cal deficiency. Anyways, I know how you feel, so one thing at a time ok? You're gonna handle her under fed issue by upping her base nutes. That in itself may cure all her deficiencies. Maybe. Proper watering is also crucial in that regard. 2nd: you're going to give her a maintenance dose of cal mag to counter your led's side effects. And finally you're going to check your lights recommended hanging height just to be safe. Did I forget anything?

Another thing comes to mind now as well. I was away last week and my caretaker didn’t do their job as well as I hoped and I know for a fact one night it was half hour late lights out as well as not watering it like I asked. The next day it was all drooping and then didn’t get nearly enough water to wet all the soil properly. Could this have led to a lot of roots dying off and now having a hard time supplying plant?
If this could be the problem am I now causing a bigger problem by over feeding it?
Aw man.... You may be right. It would have been good to know that earlier. All will be known soon!

Base Nutes Upped. Cal max regular with feeding today and will add maintenance dose with next watering in 2 days. And it looks like I should have read the manual a little more carefully, it is saying distance 4.5’. I only think it says that so they can say it can flower a bigger footprint, so I was going by the back of the hand trick and watching for burnt tips.

Aw man.... You may be right. It would have been good to know that earlier. All will be known soon!

Sorry bro. I literally just thought about that this morning.
I think everything will be good to go. I’m sure everything needs a bit more calcium because this Bubba that is growing like crazy just keeps popping out yellow tips.
This is actually very very educational and I am not to stressed about it at the moment. Only time will tell.
A5765F1E-DDFC-44C2-A57D-8F8DD6881971.jpeg

Good good bro. That's really interesting about the hanging height. You may want to respect their suggestion a little more. How many true watts is that baby pullin?

She is pullin 400 true watts and I have another one on the side that is pulling 200. They are A 2000w led with 4 cob and A 1200w led with 2 cob. I do plan on moving that sherbert in soon and then having to put the other 1200 I have in there too. I’m not trying to sell anything just giving you the facts.
Overkill? I didn’t want too little an amount of light. My lumen app was throwing over 12000 at me when I was next to the middle bud.

Back
Top Bottom